The Good Doctor (TV Series 2017– ) Poster

(2017– )

to the mother that was insulted by this series
jeepz6528 October 2017
To Pberry-17501 I disagree with your review and i find it rather an insult .there are different types of autism .your going by your personal experience with your son ..autism affects people in different ways and if an autistic child takes an interest in something with encouragement they can be and do anything they want ..This program for instance is an example ..my brother and my self have autism my brother was a gymnast and i am self employed with a successful business ..you obviously don't understand your son and have never encouraged him as we where by our loving family ..anything is possible this is a brilliant series and i hope it gets another season ..part of autism is determination to see something through..I don't like is people comparing his character or expecting him to go all norman bates ..Autism in this day and age is looked at as incompetent ..well if you see us as been not the norm then i would ask what is normal ..people can be cruel and i have ran into situations where people think i am slow ..
598 out of 733 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely Amazed with this show
babyk-4484611 November 2017
I, for one.... can not Believe the reviews I have read. It is totally unfathomable that people have such narrow minds. First off. It is a television show. Nothing more People! It is a refreshing insight to all that autistic children, adults face on a daily basis. It is thoughts of what is possible for ANYONE with any type of disability they may face to have a positive outlook for what they stand for and fight for at any given time in their life. Although, it is extreme... It is the possibility that something greater can happen in the life of someone with disabilities no matter how great or small. I find a learning experience in every episode I have watched and that is to learn more about autism from every aspect and have compassion enough to care ... as a human being. I would be very sad if this show doesn't continue and show it's full potential. I will be forever watching as long as it is aired!
279 out of 367 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's an amazing show
oneabello24 November 2017
RANT Alright, I saw some reviews talking about how this show doesn't portray autism correctly and that this was made by "leftist-whores" pardon my French. First of all, autism is on a spectrum. Everybody who has autism experiences it differently and acts differently. Second of all, there's no need to bring politics into this. I don't see how this program is leftist at all. There are no politicians in it, no controversial methods dealing with abortion etc, nothing about the LGBT or race or feminism. Nothing in this show is about politics so I don't see how it's leftist. Anyway, thirdly and lastly, please learn grammar first before trashing something. There's a difference between "your" and "you're".

Someone also said that disabled people shouldn't be shown as "superheroes". That is an insult to all amazing disabled people such as Hellen Keller and Stephen Hawking. The people who trashed this show are probably neurotypicals with no sympathy for those with setbacks, whether mental or physical.

END OF RANT

Now, I should stop my ranting and actually talk about the show. Shaun Murphy is a doctor with autism and savant syndrome. People with savant syndrome may have low IQ scores but can be "savants" or talented at something such as art, calculations, memory, etc. Shaun has an excellent memory which aids him when operating on patients. People doubt him at first, but are then amazed when he saves someone's life. This show is probably on par, more on less, with any other medical/hospital/etc show in terms of drama. I'm just glad that there's accurate autism representation on TV and that people with autism are not idiots who can't fend for themselves and need to be pitied and babied over.
179 out of 243 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I really liked this show but
nkishudak1 April 2020
The first season was really great, the second was enjoyable. Half of the three was okay, but since then just went down and the last two episodes...jokes. So disappointed.
56 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 4 is horrible. I loved the first season.
CouchYam21 February 2021
I know that medical/legal/tech TV shows/movies are strictly entertainment and require total suspense of disbelief but I liked the first season where Murphy is able to mentally synthesize a solution (using fairly good CGI) from a wide variety of disparate data.

But season after season, the show is less about Murphy and like so many shows has degenerated into a bad soap opera.

Season 4 is a total dismal failure. Suddenly, the show has taken a new turn. We're very liberal, politically and socially, but this season is a bridge too far.

I used to look forward to watching this show for light entertainment but now I'm getting annoyed so why should I continue watching? I'm predicting that this show will be cancelled after this season.
38 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A show I can relate to
sloanjw-7468919 November 2017
I am an intelligent high school student who is very socially awkward and introverted. My life goal is to become a doctor and work at a hospital, and save lives. I can relate to Shaun as a character, but I also love the subplots and story lines that the flashbacks reveal, and this was the first show ever to genuinely make me cry. I love this show, and would love to see it grow and develop, along with the characters and the plots.
202 out of 288 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good start, but...
Veritas9918 February 2021
First three seasons were good, but season 4 became a regular PC lecture...Like...dr. Browne "worked so hard to please the white people.." in which way? By learning hard and being serious at work? This means pleasing the white people? Otherwise, what would she do, party all through medical school? That is white people are doing to become doctors?
46 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good series started very good but ..
geonix7 March 2021
They destroyed The Good Doctor with their PC stuff.
41 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great potential turned into just another generic hospital show
stijnmeersman14 January 2021
Starts off really strong focusing on Shaun and his struggles/genius. Now it's the most generic hospital soap opera you have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and just stop at season 2.
45 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It use to be so good!
peggysue42219 February 2021
Why did this show, well it IS Hollywood, have to get SO politically correct?? And why does the Christian lady only voice her opinion once?? Hmmm... Doesn't anyone realize the black population is 13% of America? So how is ANY profession gonna be inundated with black workers, be it trained or untrained??? It's just numbers. Hollywood is obviously NOT wanting to unite anything. This show has way too much division and I'll put my money to better use.
38 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Done with the show
danikay03-234-2862316 February 2021
I used to enjoy watching this show along with others but when you bring real life scenarios into the theme of the show it kinda ruins it for me. I want to sit down and watch a show an escape from the current harsh reality of life at the moment...
38 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good show ruined.
chas000120 February 2021
I fail to understand why all shows nowerdays have to be so woke. The problem I find is that they try and tackle racism by being rasist themselves. How on earth does that solve anything. I will give it a couple more episodes before I decide to throw in the towel.
40 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved this show but . . .
wimorgan16 February 2021
This show was fantastic but now it seems all they are concerned with is fake racism and weird transgender stuff. I guess they felt like they had to check all of the weird aggrieved boxes like so many other shows now. Such a shame:(
39 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was great. But has gone woke
paulmercia17 February 2021
This show was fantastic up until this season. The producers obviously made the decision to go woke. Too bad. This show was quite intelligent & entertaining to the level of Doctor House (same producers). But now every episode preaches ideologies such as systemic racism and intersectionality.

We tried to ignore this and tried to enjoy the show but found that each and every of the weekly plots pushes this crap. Fine. Do a couple of episodes about it - but to push it every episode?

Being fed a the same message every week ie because we're white we're racist - no thanks.

Up until last season I would have rated this show an 8. But now that this season is pushing an uninteresting repetitive woke cringe and in my opinion dangerous plot (barely) each week, I gave it a 1.

We (our family) have decided to stop watching. Good bye Dr. Murphy :(
43 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another get woke go broke success!
TankerToad26 May 2021
Honestly, if you're really truly honest about this show, it's mediocre at best. A little bit of an idea that is ground through in just a few episodes.

And in season 4 they start preaching and the writing stinks regardless and I couldn't go past a few episodes. Good riddance. The show will be cancelled. It has no vision or purpose. And Highmore can ride off on his high horse.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Put them all out of their misery!
jingeb25 May 2021
I have been watching this show from the beginning, and I really like that this showcases the talents of a young man with autism. I started watching it because it was Freddy Highmore, and he is excellent in the roll. The patient stories are interesting, usually. I'm not sure why I keep watching it, though. Maybe I am invested in the characters, but I dread every new episode. Everyone is so depressed, all the time. Rarely does anyone smile. When they do, it is painful, like take a deep breath and resolve yourself to the necessity of a smile. Or a smile is sarcastic, a sort of weapon, such as with Reznick. Dr Lim is the worst. I don't think she'll ever smile again. In the rare instances that something good happens, it is always followed by tragedy.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
From 8 stars down to 2
windsorenquirer25 January 2021
It used to be a very good show, not anymore. So unrealistic, too much drama, too many personal problems, why not just focus on medical cases? Doctors don't have time to spend hours with one patient (and they don't care), they have their own lives to live, families, friends.

"Come On, Man!" Make it believable.
29 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No longer worth watching
egbert_schwump19 February 2021
I'm glad to see so many others pointing out the collapse of this once great series. Sadly, it is but one of many that Hollywood has sacrificed on the alter of WOKE politics.

It is difficult to watch a show that relentlessly attacks me for being white. Bye.
44 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Show is going downhill quickly
pbenen17 February 2021
As recently mentioned, this show presently is using almost 75% woke subject stories. I'm almost fine having 1 of the stories following a woke subject (after all it is a network), but to have the majority of the program addressing woke subjects is not acceptable for a diverse audience. It almost appears as if the writers are trying for this
38 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Started strong
ecasperguzman2 March 2021
Starts off really strong focusing on a doctor with his struggles and being a genius at the same time. Now they are just copying episodes from Grey's Anatomy and it becomes another generic hospital soap opera.. Just called it quits!!
18 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome to awful
leemaxfield8 April 2020
The first season was awesome. It was cool how Shaun could see things and help people. Now it is just a soap opera. Just finished the last episode of season three and I'm super disappointed. Done with this show.
35 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was OK until it GONE WOKE.
jigil28 February 2021
Up to season 4 the series was actually entertaining then it sounds like the creators of this show decided to ruin it with the WOKE approach, most of the time season 4 is intolerable to watch.
31 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Changed my rating from 9
skilz198323 February 2021
As with a large percentage of other reviewers, this show used to be amazing. Now it's just a lib fest and shoving the leftist mindset down you throat. I expect there to be liberal things but this show is now completely littered with all that garbage and just deleted from recording. Can't do it anymore.
29 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watchable but kinda boring
nicofreezer18 April 2021
I feel like having a character with autism will make you're show popular. Its not enough you must have great story to told and there is not. I mean season 1 is probably 7.5/10 but thats it, the rest sucks. The main character is interesting but nowhere close a character like Monk or DR House or even John Dorian, I mean this show is not a comedy and its a Bad drama si maybe they should have make it a sitcom because as a drama its sooo boring.
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Good Doctor
james-0275926 November 2017
I am loving this show, more than once it has made me cry! When one episode finishes I am already checking what the following week is going to be about. It is brilliant and Freddie as Dr Shaun Murphy is amazing. Initially I thought I would only care about Dr Shaun, but weirdly they have all kind of grown on me and I am interested in the back stories too.
111 out of 173 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.