The Good Doctor (TV Series 2017– ) Poster

(2017– )

No connection whatsoever with social interaction between health system in US and general population
soneagu6 May 2022
All actors are excellent, Freddie plays really well a difficult role and the series has a full 10 from me on this respect. If you watch it completely detached from the sad reality of US health system, kind of like a SciFi, parallel universe medical series, it's amazing. Each person in need, poor or wealthy is treated, hundreds of thousands of dollars surgeries are performed on anyone in need, sometimes against the will of the patients (including homeless people forced to have them), not even once not having insurance is a problem, and so on. Unfortunately, it has 0 from me on this respect.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I really liked this show but
nkishudak1 April 2020
The first season was really great, the second was enjoyable. Half of the three was okay, but since then just went down and the last two episodes...jokes. So disappointed.
88 out of 117 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good start, but...
Veritas9918 February 2021
First three seasons were good, but season 4 became a regular PC lecture...Like...dr. Browne "worked so hard to please the white people.." in which way? By learning hard and being serious at work? This means pleasing the white people? Otherwise, what would she do, party all through medical school? That is white people are doing to become doctors?
79 out of 105 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
From 8 stars down to 2
windsorenquirer25 January 2021
It used to be a very good show, not anymore. So unrealistic, too much drama, too many personal problems, why not just focus on medical cases? Doctors don't have time to spend hours with one patient (and they don't care), they have their own lives to live, families, friends.

"Come On, Man!" Make it believable.
51 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good first episode. That's it.
ReviewingFilms5 October 2021
The first episode reels the viewer in. Though clumsily done, the main character is sympathetic. The second and third episodes are the usual formulaic rubbish, and if you've seen them you've seen the whole series on repeat. Low-effort melodrama, one-note supporting characters, and plot twists that can be forecasted during the first minute.
18 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wildly Over Rated
Miss_Sloane1 April 2022
After seeing this pop up on Amazon for free I thought I would give it a try given the high IMDB rating, but it just didn't click with me.

Typical genZ Hollywood paint by numbers drama but with an autistic doctor to give it a twist. The problem though was the truly cringable, just out of drama school, over the top acting by most of the cast. It just came across as contrived and awkward. I simply couldn't make it though the first episode without walking up to the TV and giving the off button a tap.

Sorry it wasn't for me. Probably like most normal folks these days I find Hollywood TV and movies quite sickly which just makes my skin crawl. Now back to some well grounded European drama.

3/10.
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Something to watch
erict-7500027 October 2021
Pretty much another ABC happy-go-lucky/everything works out in the end type of show. The whole premise is unrealistic.. Someone with the spectrum of Autism that the Shawn character has wouldn't legally be able to work in a position involving someone's life and death. Liability. The whole show is just Shawn having meltdowns and getting his way.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Show is going downhill quickly
pbenen17 February 2021
As recently mentioned, this show presently is using almost 75% woke subject stories. I'm almost fine having 1 of the stories following a woke subject (after all it is a network), but to have the majority of the program addressing woke subjects is not acceptable for a diverse audience. It almost appears as if the writers are trying for this
68 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
american style spoil
uludag20 March 2022
I had watched the original version (Korean) "Good Doctor". 20 episode and finished in one weekend with good feeling. I didn't evaluate if those kind of events or people happen in real life since if I want to see real life I can watch documentary. I watched for story. And offcourse 20 episode passed fastly with some laughs and tears.

Why I mentioned the original in the American adaptation ? Glad you asked.

So after finishing the original, I wanted to look at the adaptation and oh boy, I was able to tolerate like 70 seconds before leaving it. Characters that I met in that time (which are the main cast since you know them in 15 minutes in the original) Each character so far was snob, irritating, disrespectful. I am glad that I watched the original.
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another get woke go broke success!
TankerToad26 May 2021
Honestly, if you're really truly honest about this show, it's mediocre at best. A little bit of an idea that is ground through in just a few episodes.

And in season 4 they start preaching and the writing stinks regardless and I couldn't go past a few episodes. Good riddance. The show will be cancelled. It has no vision or purpose. And Highmore can ride off on his high horse.
39 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This year show gone to woke S5E15
ccmoor-0260720 April 2022
This episode is so woke against men and show no longer about main character and being an doctor. It's about how woke we can be like most all network shows this year. I have stop watching so many.
15 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good first 2 of seasons but steep decline to unwatchable.
jremes-3297113 April 2022
Bait and switch. The show is not about the doctor anymore. It's just a show about relationships and the the show turned steadily stronger into LGBT messaging. I would rather just stick with the medical show but there is nearly nothing of that anymore.
19 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 4 is horrible. I loved the first season.
CouchYam21 February 2021
I know that medical/legal/tech TV shows/movies are strictly entertainment and require total suspense of disbelief but I liked the first season where Murphy is able to mentally synthesize a solution (using fairly good CGI) from a wide variety of disparate data.

But season after season, the show is less about Murphy and like so many shows has degenerated into a bad soap opera.

Season 4 is a total dismal failure. Suddenly, the show has taken a new turn. We're very liberal, politically and socially, but this season is a bridge too far.

I used to look forward to watching this show for light entertainment but now I'm getting annoyed so why should I continue watching? I'm predicting that this show will be cancelled after this season.
77 out of 101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Phoney
trantor2nd10 October 2021
Medical situations are made up by showmakers without medical knowledge. The writers slap together their medical readings to create story situations. Someone recommended the show to me, asking if what they enjoy so much is true to life. No, too preposterous to suspend my disbelief to enjoy other parts of the show (the melodrama) and I doubt I would have enjoyed the latter anyway.
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting series but rather inflated and hugely exaggerated
jiangkejia13 October 2021
The series' storyline was interesting enough to keep me hooked. Loved some of its heartwarming scenes and also how each character, including their professional/personal relationships developed over time.

However, I hated the fact that these doctors were like irritating flies on the wall listening to every patient's personal conversations and then weighing in as if they were professional counselors, when it was none of their business. Also, their patients can go from lucid and healthy to almost dying in a matter of seconds. Expect these annoying behaviors in every episode and I roll my eyes every time that happens. Continuity problems as well especially with patients with brain surgeries, they come out of surgery with a full head of hair!
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was great. But has gone woke
paulmercia17 February 2021
This show was fantastic up until this season. The producers obviously made the decision to go woke. Too bad. This show was quite intelligent & entertaining to the level of Doctor House (same producers). But now every episode preaches ideologies such as systemic racism and intersectionality.

We tried to ignore this and tried to enjoy the show but found that each and every of the weekly plots pushes this crap. Fine. Do a couple of episodes about it - but to push it every episode?

Being fed a the same message every week ie because we're white we're racist - no thanks.

Up until last season I would have rated this show an 8. But now that this season is pushing an uninteresting repetitive woke cringe and in my opinion dangerous plot (barely) each week, I gave it a 1.

We (our family) have decided to stop watching. Good bye Dr. Murphy :(
67 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting idea, horrible execution
mail-shadow21 March 2022
While looking for a new medical drama, i came across the good doctor.

The idea is interesting, the first 2 episodes were ok, had some bad medicine and character acting, but it showed some promise, so i went on to episode 3.

I just couldn't watch the entire episode, there was so much bad medicine and inaccuriacies, it made me cringe the whole time.

Sad to see another medical flop IMHO.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How the hell did this get a rating over 8 ??
Miss_Xray24 November 2020
I am hardly getting through the first episode cause it´s so over the top of .. everything. I don´t get it at all why people like this. Gave it a shot since it got a high rating and I can´t see why it got that. Cliché, over acting, "over good".. over.. and out.. It´s trying way too hard to be good. No wonder with that title maybe. Goes to show a high rating doesn´t equals quality. I understand they want to start off positive and nothing wrong with positive. But can´t it be a hint of.. real or.. good or.. deep or.. something? Feels like good in a bad way.
36 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
From 10 to 3
hussainrohail-3965923 April 2022
This show was awesome in the beginning... The essence of the show was Shaun's remarkable genius, his visualization of anatomy, his diagnostic skills, and yes, his issues in social interaction.... But down the line, especially after 2nd season, they put too much drama in the show that basis essence has gone for good. I opted out in between season 4.... Not planning to watch further...
12 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I have ASD and I wish I watched this sooner
UniqueParticle14 April 2021
Just as enjoyable as House M. D. by the same creator David Shore. I appreciate Freddie Highmore so much I'm glad he's been nominated! It's impressive how well Shaun handles everything I know I couldn't even being quirky I have bad anxiety, IBS, and I'm not as intelligent as a lot. Anyway The Good Doctor is an incredible well written and captivating series that is easy to love! I love all the cast and brilliance put in the medical aspects. I would appreciate it if more like my review.
31 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved this show but . . .
wimorgan16 February 2021
This show was fantastic but now it seems all they are concerned with is fake racism and weird transgender stuff. I guess they felt like they had to check all of the weird aggrieved boxes like so many other shows now. Such a shame:(
52 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great
Kirpianuscus14 October 2019
I admitt, Freddie Highmore was the basic motif to see this serie. After so many medical series, it is not easy to expect to much from the new ones. But , "The Good Doctor" has two seductives, decisive virtues. First - the lead actor and his magnificent work. Second- the fine story of each episode. Yes, it is a film about autism. And it is a wise, nuanced, precise and empathic one. A serious serie about a so delicate subject. And new demonstration about the gorgeous talent of young Highmore.
28 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ridiculous show
valetta-188168 May 2022
This show and show I think is disrespectful to people with autism. How can he act as a doctor when he most of the time is terrified of noise and spends most of his time on the floor.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
reality shows are horrible
gwyneth-5663215 May 2022
The first season was great with Sean Murphy being an excellent diagnostician and the CGI of his mind's workings but Season 4 is the death knell. Politically correct BS and now a reality show mash up is definitely the last straw. Lea's whiny voice was the start of the downhill run for me. I used to enjoy watching medical series but there is so little medical ideas in this series it really is not worth watching.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
watch till season 3
burny-865273 November 2020
Season 4 emediarly starts by being about coronavirus, is every freaking show now going to be about corona??!! i'm so sick of it already!
49 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.