Epiphany (2019) Poster

(II) (2019)

And the award for...
TopDawgCritic17 January 2020
..the most fake reviews goes to: Epiphany

Of the current 16 reviews, 100% are first time fake reviews smh. It's pretty sad the producers didn't even have faith in their own film to resort to these phony tactics. How is this film anything close to 9's and 10's? It's not. Acting stale, the drama as cheesy as it gets, cinematography was ok, and the directing and writing was very amateurish with a story that really went no where. Sound was also off and editing needed work. The 85 min run-time felt like 3 hours with the slow pacing and dragged out story. Don't get fooled by the fake reviews like I did, this film is a generous 3/10 from me
42 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautifully made small film
sninojai20 January 2020
The sisters fought to get this story made for twenty years. It's about a small fishing town in Florida steeped in Greek-lore about sponge-diving, but it's really about family and secrets and it's made with such honesty and love. Watch it. It's worth it.
14 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Movie!
sandyperkins-0007810 May 2020
The script is a wonderful feel good family story. It takes the time to develop the family history and explain the current situation occurred.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor and empty
mmmmtelbani-8804018 January 2020
The story line is extremely poor and the movie is a waste of time when I checked the rating at the beginning it was 8.5 I wouldn't give it over 2 Stars and now it's already down to 6.5 and with more people watching the movie bad reviews will keep coming instead of the fake ones
10 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ever wonder?
ladyeliteme17 February 2020
Ever wonder what a movies about even though you're half way through? I watched Epiphany (painfully) to the end. I never really knew what it was about. Some of the acting was good. The girl, the brothers were pretty good, but the story line never unfolds! Just kind of weird and sad. There was nothing gripping, just hollow. 3/10
11 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Indie Film
kmanning-4119414 June 2019
Saw this last night at a festival. What a nice movie about the beautiful town of Tarpon Springs, Florida. A family feature about what can happen when you tragically lose a member and then dealing with it for many years. The actors did a very good job showing the emotions everyone connected will go through when unforeseen events change their lives.
19 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Never leave a stone unturned
jrny-119 January 2020
A beautiful family film. Queue it up, pop the popcorn and snuggle in.
11 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rent this movie
cll-3519120 January 2020
I really enjoyed watching this movie. The cinematography was beautiful. The colors of the ocean were just stunning! I like films that show real life struggles and became very invested in this family's lives as I watched. It was a good story, and it was one that you could watch with your family. I would definitely rent it again!
10 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Indie film!
eenerbrown10 May 2020
What a pleasant family movie to watch with a great plot twist and I fell in love with the characters. We need more movies like this. I don't know where they filmed this but the ocean scenes were gorgeous! My son and I really enjoyed this movie overall.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A moving story
amymae-3173917 January 2020
This was a beautiful story of the life of a sponge diver who struggled to raise his daughter. Very moving and each time I saw the movie I learned more about the culture. It left me wanting more!
11 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Must See!!!
suhrfam8 October 2019
I have been fortunate to see this small independent film twice. Having heard good things about the film, I sat on the edge of my seat in anticipation of a great storyline and acting. This movie did not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed it!! I also had an "a ha" moment when I realized the plot twist. Once I saw the plot twist, I had a huge smile on my face as the entire storyline came together. It was wonderful to see how the characters meshed together, both in real life struggles, and real life celebrations. The second time I saw the film, I was really happy to be able to enjoy the true meaning of the film and thoroughly enjoyed it again. You must see this film if you believe in the storyline of family trials and tribulations, and the people who help make a family work.
13 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In today's film environment ...
pantherfilm31 January 2020
... the emphasis seems to be on action, violence, fantasy, endless franchise efforts, and impressive special effects. Some reviewers here apparently need these elements in order to rate a film above 5. Epiphany apparently did not make the grade for them.

I've been associated with independent film production for over seventeen years. Epiphany is a well-made, engaging film that appeals to ones emotions, not on ones testosterone junky fix. See it for a story that may move you more than you might expect for a film set around the sponge diving business. Otherwise, just stick to "Beyond the Twelve Mile Reef" and let it go at that.
6 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thoroughly enjoyed it
tom-5664418 January 2020
A heartfelt film...full of culturally accurate, thought-provoking scenes. Even though we are not Greek it is very relatable to our everyday experiences as a cultue that honors the struggles of our family's past. The film explores themes of generations connected despite secrets from the past. Recommend it for any age, including young adults.

I really, thoroughly enjoyed it, a well-proportioned movie made with the perfect amount of love. It reflects the beauty, craft and soul of indie films heyday.
8 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What It's All About...
mrsjenowen19 October 2019
This is what great film making is all about. Touching story. Excellent script. Beautiful cinematography. Lovely cast. Smart editing. Thoughtful inclusion of culture. Skilled acting. Bravo to all involved. Please, may we have another?
11 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great film
tnigohosian13 October 2019
Had the privilege of watching this independent film- very entertaining. The acting was so good and passionate- you could not only watch but feel the raw emotion and feelings. The film is rich in tradition and culture which adds to the viewing experience. The scenery and setting was incredibly beautiful. It is really an enjoyable movie- can't recommend enough!
11 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BEAUTIFUL film from start to finish!
arozeboom22 January 2020
This film is OUTSTANDING! A fun and interesting tale that I never knew existed until this movie. After seeing the film, I went and did some research on the history of "The Festival of the Epiphany." Standing up for what you believe is such a HUGE part of today's society. A must see film for anyone who wants to be inspired!
7 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poorly Done. Corny. Don't Waste Your Time.
Megan_Shida26 February 2020
Everything about this movie is poorly constructed. The acting is contrived and unbelievable. The sound design- probably the worst part- just makes the film corny with continuous sad instrumentals. The story is flimsy and the direction is without a vision. I couldn't make it through the picture. Bottom line: It is a forced melodrama, lacking any skill in filmmaking. I usually can think of a few good things to say, even if I don't enjoy a film, but not with this one.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Moving
jzumas27 October 2019
Beautiful coming of age story. The story was true to life and depicts an honest look at Greek American culture.
11 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Epiphany Movie is a Glorious Gem of a Film!
rcasano-043898 July 2019
When considering a family feature film that is truly heartfelt; this is a memorable pick. The cast of characters are resonating with cultural values of love, acceptance and redemption expressed beautifully. The relationships portrayed in Epiphany are refreshingly real. The young female protagonist, Luca, a first generation American, speaks strongly to young women of today in their need for understanding their cultural heritage. The picturesque Tarpon Springs, Florida setting is ideal for the movie locale. Many of the outdoor scenes shot at the Spring Bayou and St. Nicholas Cathedral are wonderfully depicted. This film takes time and care to show the traditional celebration of Epiphany from a youthful perspective. The complexities of personal relationships within a family and the community relationships are strongly expressed. The resolutions of coming to terms with loss of family members is boldly shown. I have enjoyed this poignant movie so much that my family and I went twice! The local movie theater was sold out when we saw the second viewing. The vibrant music adds a rich undertone to the cohesiveness of the movie plot. My hope is that this Epiphany film will win national audience appeal and receive international respect for its cultural significance. It is certainly an outstanding achievement for two sisters that had a dream to write and film this tribute to Tarpon Springs and the Epiphany celebration for about 30 years. I am so grateful that their dream has come to fruition as a remarkable inspiration to writers and storytellers.
11 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Visually & Emotionaly Beautiful
cristinaml8 November 2019
What a delight to look into a community, a family, with Greek traditions. Coming of age is tough and for some its even more complicated. Family is drawn to family, is life is full of disappointments, but this story shows that together they can navigate the rough waters of life.
Must See Film!
sscudese8 November 2019
Epiphany is an inspiring movie about a young girl who goes through an emotional journey and shows great strength when trying to reunite her family after the death of her aunt. Set in scenic Tarpon Springs, Florida this movie captures the cultural history of the town and the Greek Community. A beautiful story brought to life by amazing actors who enable the viewers to become vested in the plot and bond with the characters. This is a must see movie!
Compelling generational saga
ccperillo15 October 2019
The story of a young girl desperately trying to find the secrets of her family's past. The twists and turns of this ethnic film will take you through her journey. Meeting key family members along the way you will also learn of the ones of the past. It is a phenomenal film filled with Orthodox Greek culture that spans the ages.
Genuine.Touching. Stunning!
wbarron-2998511 October 2019
You are invited in their culture & lives as you connect and empathize with the humanity of the characters. Culture, history & subtle symbolism are woven together with complex characters, strong performances and gorgeous scenery. A beautiful film & uplifting story for the entire family to experience together.
11 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful
ecclisia11 May 2020
This film is so lacking that it is painful. Only the beauty and engaging acting skills of the young actress, Caitlin Carmichael kept my husband and I from leaving it after ten minutes. There are plots here which are unresolved or unfinished, and it is a melodramatic and depressing story, with depressing dysfunctional family dynamics.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Real
jim-8693218 January 2020
I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Caitlin gives a moving performance. I enjoyed the story and was pleased at the ending. Seeing the relationship build between Luka and Theo. Seeing Theo finally figure out that family is what's important.
6 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.