Epiphany (2019) Poster

(II) (2019)

And the award for...
TheTopDawgCritic17 January 2020
..the most fake reviews goes to: Epiphany

Of the current 16 reviews, 100% are first time fake reviews smh. It's pretty sad the producers didn't even have faith in their own film to resort to these phony tactics. How is this film anything close to 9's and 10's? It's not. Acting stale, the drama as cheesy as it gets, cinematography was ok, and the directing and writing was very amateurish with a story that really went no where. Sound was also off and editing needed work. The 85 min run-time felt like 3 hours with the slow pacing and dragged out story. Don't get fooled by the fake reviews like I did, this film is a generous 3/10 from me
32 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautifully made small film
sninojai20 January 2020
The sisters fought to get this story made for twenty years. It's about a small fishing town in Florida steeped in Greek-lore about sponge-diving, but it's really about family and secrets and it's made with such honesty and love. Watch it. It's worth it.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rent this movie
cll-3519120 January 2020
I really enjoyed watching this movie. The cinematography was beautiful. The colors of the ocean were just stunning! I like films that show real life struggles and became very invested in this family's lives as I watched. It was a good story, and it was one that you could watch with your family. I would definitely rent it again!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Indie Film
kmanning-4119414 June 2019
Saw this last night at a festival. What a nice movie about the beautiful town of Tarpon Springs, Florida. A family feature about what can happen when you tragically lose a member and then dealing with it for many years. The actors did a very good job showing the emotions everyone connected will go through when unforeseen events change their lives.
12 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Never leave a stone unturned
jrny-119 January 2020
A beautiful family film. Queue it up, pop the popcorn and snuggle in.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Real
jim-8693218 January 2020
I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Caitlin gives a moving performance. I enjoyed the story and was pleased at the ending. Seeing the relationship build between Luka and Theo. Seeing Theo finally figure out that family is what's important.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thoroughly enjoyed it
tom-5664418 January 2020
A heartfelt film...full of culturally accurate, thought-provoking scenes. Even though we are not Greek it is very relatable to our everyday experiences as a cultue that honors the struggles of our family's past. The film explores themes of generations connected despite secrets from the past. Recommend it for any age, including young adults.

I really, thoroughly enjoyed it, a well-proportioned movie made with the perfect amount of love. It reflects the beauty, craft and soul of indie films heyday.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A moving story
amymae-3173917 January 2020
This was a beautiful story of the life of a sponge diver who struggled to raise his daughter. Very moving and each time I saw the movie I learned more about the culture. It left me wanting more!
6 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful movie!
tbandics17 January 2020
This drama has it all. The screenwriters do a wonderful job depicting complicated family dynamics, a motherless teenager's raw desire for human connections, identity, and intimacy with those most important to her. Even more intriguing, was how viewers were treated to a window into Greek culture, with sponge diving, Kalamatiano line dancing, and most importantly, the Epiphany ceremony. The cultural components in this film are not only enjoyable to watch and learn about, but also very significant to the understanding of the interpersonal relationships and character behaviors. Epiphany is a lovely film that fuses the drama and confusion of relationships with growth that, as humans, we all covet. :)
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A beautiful movie
tlsmith23421 January 2020
This is a sweet story about family--the good, the bad and the ugly. The cinematography was amazing--especially the water scenes. The sisters who wrote, directed, and produced this--their first film--did an amazing job.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Epiphany Movie is a Glorious Gem of a Film!
rcasano-043898 July 2019
When considering a family feature film that is truly heartfelt; this is a memorable pick. The cast of characters are resonating with cultural values of love, acceptance and redemption expressed beautifully. The relationships portrayed in Epiphany are refreshingly real. The young female protagonist, Luca, a first generation American, speaks strongly to young women of today in their need for understanding their cultural heritage. The picturesque Tarpon Springs, Florida setting is ideal for the movie locale. Many of the outdoor scenes shot at the Spring Bayou and St. Nicholas Cathedral are wonderfully depicted. This film takes time and care to show the traditional celebration of Epiphany from a youthful perspective. The complexities of personal relationships within a family and the community relationships are strongly expressed. The resolutions of coming to terms with loss of family members is boldly shown. I have enjoyed this poignant movie so much that my family and I went twice! The local movie theater was sold out when we saw the second viewing. The vibrant music adds a rich undertone to the cohesiveness of the movie plot. My hope is that this Epiphany film will win national audience appeal and receive international respect for its cultural significance. It is certainly an outstanding achievement for two sisters that had a dream to write and film this tribute to Tarpon Springs and the Epiphany celebration for about 30 years. I am so grateful that their dream has come to fruition as a remarkable inspiration to writers and storytellers.
8 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Must See!!!
suhrfam8 October 2019
I have been fortunate to see this small independent film twice. Having heard good things about the film, I sat on the edge of my seat in anticipation of a great storyline and acting. This movie did not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed it!! I also had an "a ha" moment when I realized the plot twist. Once I saw the plot twist, I had a huge smile on my face as the entire storyline came together. It was wonderful to see how the characters meshed together, both in real life struggles, and real life celebrations. The second time I saw the film, I was really happy to be able to enjoy the true meaning of the film and thoroughly enjoyed it again. You must see this film if you believe in the storyline of family trials and tribulations, and the people who help make a family work.
7 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Moving
jzumas27 October 2019
Beautiful coming of age story. The story was true to life and depicts an honest look at Greek American culture.
7 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great film
tnigohosian13 October 2019
Had the privilege of watching this independent film- very entertaining. The acting was so good and passionate- you could not only watch but feel the raw emotion and feelings. The film is rich in tradition and culture which adds to the viewing experience. The scenery and setting was incredibly beautiful. It is really an enjoyable movie- can't recommend enough!
7 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Genuine.Touching. Stunning!
wbarron-2998511 October 2019
You are invited in their culture & lives as you connect and empathize with the humanity of the characters. Culture, history & subtle symbolism are woven together with complex characters, strong performances and gorgeous scenery. A beautiful film & uplifting story for the entire family to experience together.
7 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Visually & Emotionaly Beautiful
cristinaml8 November 2019
What a delight to look into a community, a family, with Greek traditions. Coming of age is tough and for some its even more complicated. Family is drawn to family, is life is full of disappointments, but this story shows that together they can navigate the rough waters of life.
6 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Family drama and coming of age
mac-9978221 October 2019
Epiphany is a wonderful coming of age story set against Tarpon Springs and the natural sea sponge industry. I didn't know anything about the Greek culture in Tarpon Springs and this magnified look was both interesting and educational. Caitlin Carmichael was amazing as Luka!
Compelling generational saga
ccperillo15 October 2019
The story of a young girl desperately trying to find the secrets of her family's past. The twists and turns of this ethnic film will take you through her journey. Meeting key family members along the way you will also learn of the ones of the past. It is a phenomenal film filled with Orthodox Greek culture that spans the ages.
Beautiful Film
sossiadis-818818 January 2020
This film has so many layers to it. Loved watching,
Fantastic film
jbucsi5 November 2019
Loved the history of Greek culture that I wasn't familiar with before the film. Luka played a strong lead role as a struggling young lady trying to make it through some family issues. I found myself trying to figure out the films ending as the storyline progressed only to find I had it all wrong. It was absolutely genius.
What It's All About...
mrsjenowen19 October 2019
This is what great film making is all about. Touching story. Excellent script. Beautiful cinematography. Lovely cast. Smart editing. Thoughtful inclusion of culture. Skilled acting. Bravo to all involved. Please, may we have another?
Wonderful Family Film
mariawolf-7254515 October 2019
The movie Epiphany was spectacular. It was a fantastic story line and one that many people can relate to after losing someone close to them. The movie was moving and entertaining. I laughed, I cried, and I can't wait to see it again. The actors and actresses were outstanding. They truly made the film and really played their part perfectly. You felt like they were born to be that person. I specifically enjoyed the growth of the characters throughout the film, especially Theo. The movie is relatable in so many ways and especially within the Greek culture. I loved how even though life was rough for Luka she persevered. This movie is one I think everyone will thoroughly enjoy and one I highly recommend.
Rich in culture
novak-3539915 October 2019
This captivating movie inspired me to learn more about Greek Culture and traditions and the Epiphany day that members of the Greek Orthodox Church celebrate. Tarpon Springs, the setting for the movie, was beautifully captured on film and the storyline can be enjoyed by tweens, teenagers, and adults of all ages. The masterful portrayal of the characters made me invested in the outcome and want to follow them, long after the movie was over.
6 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A brilliant and heartbreaking look into the world of a struggling Greek family
tarapometti15 October 2019
Forced to face pain and resentment that has been brewing for decades, Epiphany takes a refreshingly real look at the struggles of three generations of one Greek Family in Tarpon Springs, Florida. It's a poignant look at the hardship immigrant families face, trying to survive in a modern world without losing who they are in the process.
6 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful Film!
eric-5744818 January 2020
Epiphany is a wonderful film that showcases fascinating Greek Culture and a complex family dynamic that keeps the viewer intrigued. It is filmed in a beautiful setting and Caitlin Carmichael is an amazing lead actress.
3 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.