For The People (TV Series 2018– ) Poster

(2018– )

So it's not Law & Order
pwilliams-1682518 March 2018
So what? I enjoyed it start to finish and I will watch future episodes. This pilot did what pilots are supposed to do, it set the stage for episodes to come and I think it did so admirably. So what if cases came to court to fast to suit your perception of reality? So what if the attorneys depicted only work a 40 hour week (though where the poster got that, I have no idea)? If either were depicted "realistically" on the show, we would never see any new cases! Who wants to watch a "real" attorney work an 80 hour week? A 120 hour week? This is television, people! Lighten up and enjoy it. It seem as though most of the posters so far are the same audience that keeps "reality shows" on the air year after despicable year. Talk about boring tv.
38 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Smart witty funny
I enjoy being entertained, having to pay attention, listen or think a little so for me, this delivers. The script was a little bit like Decaf Gilmore Girls, I like the blend of old and new talent, as well as some original characters mixed in with TOTAL doppelgängers (see if you can find the Paris GG person).

It works for me, except for one sad stereotyped if unavoidable case ending that probably got written months and months before our current political climate is what it is. Overall very well done.
32 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not really a law show
bagiorsika21 September 2018
It's lke watching Grey's Anatomy but with lawyers. Fresh graduates, big speeches, boyfriend issues, fighting, predictable characters, bff girls supposedly funny chatting about what is impotant in life, etc. There is just too much drama and not enough real story. Big theatrical speeches about clichés of nothing. I don't feel like I'm watching a law themed show, more like I am watching the private lives of people who just happen to be lawyers.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No no no
mattiaaas-0130826 October 2018
A Shonda Rhimes series that will be cancelled before thay come to the point... hopefully.

The clichè is the female character that you already know will be the best! Just like Greys anatomy.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Agenda driven with poor acting. It's not factual and unwatchable because of agenda story line.
drniebur15 March 2019
This series looked like it had promise in the premiere episode, but that changed quickly. The anti-white male agenda became apparent early on, and then the attempt to villainize law enforcement officers, with special venom for ICE agents went far over the top. U.S. Marshals threatening ice agents performing their duties doesn't happen...except on this show. I tune in for entertainment, not political rhetoric. I've stopped watching this show.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a tv show
evans-1547512 August 2018
I refuse to watch any tv show which uses the line this isn't tv,actually mrs it is a tv show and every plot twist is designed to push our buttons
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
MEH!!
colig-ronk9 March 2019
In the first 5 minutes they had the stupidest line of dialog I ever heard. They find out that the senator was shot by cops and the black lawyer says " That doesn't make any sense he was white". Its bad enough that almost all cop & legal shows are terrified to even have a black "perp" anymore. Then the lawyer in Texas tells the one on the phone that she was right about the white people in Texas. We'll see if they keep up the white bashing in EP 2. If they do I'm done.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I actually like this show..
Supershysweetguy198228 March 2018
I'm not a lawyer or a veteran courtroom drama aficionado but I consider the cast to be charismatic, welcoming, and delightful. I like to see characters who stand up for what they believe in.

I suppose things feel like they may be fast-tracked or easier than they would be in reality and I suppose that would deter interest for people who are actually in the field.

Still, I find a show that instills solid work ethic into viewers to be a good thing. These characters show up to work early and work hard into the night. Something this newer generation probably needs to see more of.
19 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the best show
toffees-6000517 September 2018
For me this show is rushed. Amazed how in one early episode it took a corporate boss less time to be arrested and convicted for an industrial crime than it did for some raffle ticket type box to be repaired. The show need snappy story-lines but also ones than go over episodes. Pretty lazy writing to be honest and
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Truly terrible, from acting performances to writing and plot
nchafe2 August 2018
Being a fan of Shondaland for the most part, I was looking forward to this latest show. The Paris Geller character from Gilmour Girls is reincarnated in this show as Kate Littlejohn - an almost identical acting replication. Although she has amusing moments, it does little to make up for the overall cast of characters who don't act like any young lawyer I know, and who make me cheer against them than for them. There are far too many lame, fasting speaking and unrelatable characters played by actors who appear as if they are simply excited to be on tv. One can only assume that this show got renewed purely because of its creator, and that it won't last long!
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
gave it a try, but........
Made it to halfway through episode 8 (Flippity-Flop) before giving up on this show. Predominantly the rapid-fire banter attempting to cover for bad acting but can't get past the premise that the best lawyers for these high-profile cases are the beautiful new, fresh out of law school attorneys. ZERO drop-ins by other experienced attorneys or were these offices totally empty before the saviors arrived? Just not likable characters (too privileged, too OCD, too aggressive, too.....) even crying in their evening wine (or whine) about how messed up their lives are in penthouse apartments or at their Senator Mama's palatial estate.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a great potential, such an epic fail
bsloughrin28 March 2018
Sophomoric arguments serving no legal purpose other than eliciting an emotional response from an uniformed TV audience. Shame, this could have been such a force exploring the vagaries and nuances of our extremely complex legal system.
21 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
LA Law 2018
iix-3142214 March 2018
An other Shonda Rhimes production. No communication between the protagonists. Just lines of speeches and confrontations like in Scandal or How to get away with murder. Layers of lawyers having an ego contest and don't forget that man and women are always competing with each-other. I am bored of this approach. It's like the fist CSI. It was ok, but 5 CSI series after,, it's just more of the same and it gets old.
31 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't bother
DRACOLYKOS14 March 2018
Here we have yet another legal procedural which cares little for how the law actually works. We see trials that happen within days of indictments, lawyers who only work 40 hours a week (we don't), and people who are incompetent be given high profile government legal jobs (they aren't). We have our standard cast of young beautiful people who really "believe" in the justice system. We even have the obligatory OCDish woman who knows way more than all the men (even her boss), prosecutors who seems troubled by sending people to jail, and to top it off a sassy black clerk of the court. Seriously people do not waste your time.
36 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Has a lot of promise!
kellyrned29 March 2018
While it still has the same lecturing premise of all Shonda Rhimes' shows, this has a nice new spin to it with young, energetic, & power hungry junior lawyers who all want a place in the judicial system. This shows a lot of promise & I'm sticking with it!
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow
bsloughrin11 May 2018
Such potential! What a great idea! Such poor execution. Overly sentimental, poor legal arguments, no opposing opinion. Such hope, so much disappointment. They should try to promote and exalt the legal profession, not belittle and denigrate.
I expected more from Shonda Rhimes
Slayher4 April 2018
I'm a fan of Shonda Rhimes' work, and the character development and layers she typically gives to her characters. Because when she does this I find myself caring about the characters and their actions.

We are 4 episodes deep into this series and all of the characters are so empty and bland that it becomes so difficult to get attached to any of them. The only character I find myself wanting to watch is Mary McCormack's guest appearance.

What I have seen so far is sexual harassment in the workplace unnecessary to any storyline and egotistical young attorneys who don't seem to have any experience or skill to backup their otherwise impressive jobs.

I continue to watch in hopes it will find its groove and get better, but with how unlikeable the attorneys are, I'm not sure how long that will last.
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great pace, well directed, flaky screenplay, cheesy acting
TheTopDawg4 April 2018
This show is losing my interest from the flaky screenplay/writing and moreso the cheesy acting. The overly ambitious 'God complexes' are annoying. Susannah Flood's character is unbearable, and to portray that everyone finds her attractive is ridiculous. Some of the dialog makes me cringe "you literally broke my brain"... really? I'll give a few more episodes a chance but unless the writing improves and the actors tone it down to a realistic level, I can only see my current 6/10 rating going down.
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I gave it a 1* because is yet another show about preaching, virtue signaling, and 100% predictable,
garda-land200001 April 2018
6 Episodes in and 1* is way too much for this, never seen such a stereotypical 1 dimension characters, with a lot of white man hating, my god american media has become such a garbage exporter. Dropped. *************************************** Well legal dramas come and go this days, they all do the same boring thing, and they get usually canceled because they are bad.

Why this one is bad? well because like all shows in the past 2-3 years, are just full of political correctness propaganda, virtue signaling, pushing an agenda, shoving some diversity for the sake of color diversity, putting some very stereotypical characters in there because why not, adding some merry sue here and there, making all judges black (good forbid a good white judge in this shows, being white and man === bad people).

Are the Americans really watching this garbage ?.

Don't get me wrong you guys have some shows that are full of your PC checkboxes like Lethal Weapon, but I have no problem with it because it is fun to watch, and there are a few others that have seen a season two... but man your PC culture, feminism and all this sjw bull has turned all your entertainment into garbage.
22 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disgusted!
dougslay15 March 2019
I'm so disgusted. I was enjoying "For the People" very much. So interesting, fast paced, mentally challenging, and entertaining. And then the episode "This is America" was aired. There was so many lies, misrepresentations, and twisting of the facts making ICE look like a bunch of monsters and even flashing the far left's outrageous and totally incorrect misrepresentations of slavery. I would say the entire show was taken to the dark side in order to further the extreme left's agenda and brainwashing the show's viewers. As with an increasing number of mainstream network shows, I have to add this one to the list; removed from my recoding schedule on my DVR, will no longer watch this show.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Want to like it
MiketheWhistle14 March 2018
I truly want to like this show, but the pilot doesn't give me confidence. it's 100% predictable.Perhaps this will change but I'm not optimistic.I'm not familiar with the cast, but I think they do well and work well together so there is hope.
20 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It has potential
assadharoon3 April 2018
It's a young cast and i loved the pilot, they haven't marketed FOR THE PEOPLE properly
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Virtue signalling drivel
marshaal512 September 2018
Yet again a programme more interested in virtue signalling and left wing politics than portraying the actual law. Awful avoid.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Recent Top Law Grads battle it out in esteemed Southern District of NY
rutledge351217 April 2018
I usually do not like tv series that are predominantly episodic (as opposed to serial.. in which episodes are completely interdependent throughout the season) ... but I'm enjoying For the People. It is basically a legal drama about a group of top graduates from the nations best law schools (half US attorneys/ half federal public defenders), battling each other in the highly influential Southern District of NY. Because the series is set in Federal Court- legal issues tend to be constitutional in nature... so the legal issues are a bit more academic than many other legal dramas. I think the characters have an array of personalities & the legal issues hold your attention & the show overall has a good pace. I definitely recommend checking it out.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good premise
emw-9623019 March 2018
A good look at both sides of law. Very interesting to see how this show develops
15 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.