The Tree of Blood (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- There are a few sex scenes with visible thrusting and sound effects, male/female and female/female, with breasts, chests, and butts visible. These are relatively short but emphasized as relevant to several plot lines.
- Other nudity includes very brief full frontal nudity of a man changing clothes and of a woman entering the ocean. Rear views are longer. Some thong bathing suits show butt cheeks.
- One sex scene is implied to be painful and perhaps coerced. A spent condom is seen on the floor.
- Actual and suspected infidelity plays a role in the plot.
Violence & Gore
- After a brief fight, a man is brutally murdered with a knife. A lot of blood is seen.
- One character kills another and then suicides, with a pistol. We see blood splatter from the head of the first and onto a table from the second.
- A severe traffic accident is bloody.
- We see a character suicide by blunt force trauma, and then blood pooling beneath the corpse.
- Two men fight. One suffers a heart attack.
- Not much, as English subtitled.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One character is kept in varying degrees of mental fuzziness for an extended time with medication.
- Drug trafficking is among the crimes imputed to a family.
- Drinking in social situations and at clubs is shown, as is some cigarette and cigar smoking. A man is reminded that doctors told him not to smoke.
- One character appears to have snorted cocaine.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- All the scenes of violence are presented in a serious and intense way. Some relationships are severely strained.
Violence & Gore
- We learn that a small child of the ghetto was murdered by one of the main characters years ago, to steal organs which allowed another main character to live.