Wonder Park (2019) Poster

(2019)

Not A Bad Movie At All But Didn't Quite Live Up to the Hype
masonrobledo13 April 2019
Nickelodeon Movies are back with another movie under their belts, this time back to animation once again, with the concept of a theme park brought to life by a imaginative girl, sounds super promising and could be a strong animated film, so I was pretty excited for the movie after the teaser, with it's perfect choice of music and beautiful visuals, the other trailers went in a comedic way which didn't quite grab me but other wise it's still got me interested, but after it was released in the US, I have not heard great things about it, in fact it sounded quite underwhelming, which is ashamed because from the teaser, it seemed like the animated film that would deliver something strong, so I saw it a few weeks after the US release and....... it really wasn't that bad, I know it's not great but it's watchable at best, so let's talk about it.

June always imagined being the theme park of her dreams to life called "Wonderland", with the help of her Mum (Jennifer Gardner), with animal mascots based on her toys, Greta (Mila Kunis), Steve (John Oliver), Gus, Cooper (Joe Sugg, Casper Lee), Boomer (Tom Baker) and the main mascot and ride creator Peanut (Norbert Leo Butz), but after June's Mum gets ill and is taken to hospital, the darkness in Wonderland is brought in and takes over the park with cute Chimp toys that turn into Chimpanzombies that are now tearing the park apart, so it's up to June to go to the park and help her friends to save the park, well i mean.... you can guess from there what is going to happen, it's pretty predicable from top to bottom, you know what will happen and it will end exactly like how you would imagine, it doesn't take any risks or become interesting since despite it's unnecessary PG rating, it's a safe piece of fluff, with a weak script and it felt so rushed with nothing a lot to take from it, that and the moral and it's theme is all over the place, however despite all that, the movie's execution isn't too bad, it makes up for it with decent comedy, scenes that are generally fun and exciting at times to watch and the first few minutes before June heads off to Wonderland, are properly the best parts of the movie, it's touching, funny, strong and it has a decent set up for the movie, however half way through it grinds to a halt and just becomes a perfectly watchable film, the writing may has not saved the movie with it's predictability, bland and generic elements to it, confusing and rushed, it does save it with it's heart, chuckleworthy comedy and the first thirty minutes being great, so in a way, it's Splendiferous!.

The animation is easily the best thing about the movie, but at the same time it's also the thing that makes the movie not very.... well "movie" worthy, first off it is a very beautiful looking movie, there is a lot of effort that has gone into making the movie, the different rides, the character designs and scenes where the rides malfunction are very well done, making it a pleasant film to look at, however!...... it's not the best looking animated film out there, although it's a impressive looking movie, it's also a very bland looking film, most of the characters look like it was done by a animation student, the Chimpanzombies look very basic and far too similar to the Minions and out of most the animated films, this one feels like it belongs to Netflix, not on the big screen with it's quality and especially opening and ending credits, but despite that, the animation is still a beautiful, but yet fun ride!.

The characters are fine as they are, nothing about them stands out, but they aren't bad at all, June is quite likeable and relatable, although a bit bossy and bratty and a tad bit annoying but likeable, Peanut is properly the best character since he is delightful, interesting, loveable and funny, the other animals don't offer a lot, they deliver personality that may seem stereotypical, like Greta is the boss, Boomer is the one who always falls asleep, Gus and Cooper are the brothers who always fight with each other and Steve is pretty much the comic relief who has a crush on Greta, they are fun I guess?, but pretty forgetful, the parents are okay, although June's Mum has relatability and her chemistry with June is quite sweet honestly, other characters like Banky don't do anything to the movie besides being June's friend and love interest with not that much chemistry, however the voice acting is great, Brianna Denski does a good job as the voice of June, Norbert Leo Butz is spectacular as Peanut, Tom Baker is charming as Boomer, Mila Kunis is fun as Greta, John Oliver is amusing as Steve, as for YouTube vloggers Joe Sugg and Casper Lee, they are okay..., nothing special, just basic and doesn't stand out, but not a bad performance, the characters are a mixed bag, sometimes they have wonderful performances by great actors with some entertaining, relatable and likeable characters, on the other side, they are basic, nothing special, not very interesting all that much and are just stereotypicals.

*sighs* Oh Nickelodeon Movies..... you were close to going back to the 2011's when you did animation in a amazing way, i mean... it's good to see ya back and all, but I'm a bit underwhelmed and kinda disappointed with your new film, it is better then Monster Trucks, I mean far better!, but.... not all that great, Wonder Park is a passable, watchable, perfectly fine animated film, kinda like this year's Boss Baby if you will, it has beautiful animation, a great concept, good voice acting, some funny and likeable characters and it is quite fun, this movie could of been a really strong and powerful movie about childhood and imagination, like Spike Jonze's 2009 adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are, however unlike that film, Wonder Park didn't quite hit all the right notes with a predicable story, animation that feels like it came from Netflix, comedy that is juvenile, characters that are nothing special and it feels confusing at the same time, so it's pretty good, but not amazing...., which is a-shame, I can see this movie working as a well/crafted original movie, but it doesn't quite get that..., honestly if they released this to Netflix then I would of been a more forgiving, but as it is, it's..... just fine, if you want to take the kids to see something colourful and that will keep them quiet, I guess go and see this, although Missing Link is still out and that one is far better, take the children to see that, but if you are interested, then see it, it's really not as bad as people are putting it, ignore the critics and form your own opinion on the movie, as for Nickelodeon Movies, maybe the TV series might be better and I hope they improve from this movie, maybe a Tintin sequel or a original movie?, but for now, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm going to give Wonder Park a 7.2/10.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not just beautiful also intellectual/intelligent.
aramthilak16 March 2019
This movie is not like other animations. It is beautiful, colorful and cheery. It also has some interesting existential and intelligent parts that is applicable to both kids and growing adults. The ideals of the movie defines how animation movies should be rather than just having slapstick comedies stuffed on your face. There was still some places where the movie could have become legendary.
46 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please actually read those bad reviews and make real reviews for this spectacular movie
awsomemegas20 March 2019
So first off this movie is just amazing. It had me laughing, crying and just filled with emotion and investment throughout the whole movie.

You will notice an unfortunatly large amount of negative reviews about this movie and I have to say please moderate the ones you know have no thought in them.

The ones I speak of are every single one that only says "this movie is sad. My kid didn't like it. Not for under 6."

OF COURSE IT'S NOT!

So for parents. Here's the thing, judge movies you wanna show your kids based on how you wanna raise them but please think before you simply just say something that has absolutely no actual thought behind it as it does impact the enjoyment older kids get from studios endeavors.

This is the first non SpongeBob (ugh) nickelodeon movie in decades. An original ip that came out of nowhere. Think very carefully about that. The reason is because SpongeBob is known, "safe" even though it clearly isn't smart for the most part after its first half of seasons, and parents just don't want to think too hard about what their kids see.

This. Is. A. Horrible way to watch movies for ANYONE! Not just kids. You can not care what you watch but kids need stimulating thought provoking innovative ideas that will carry them through the world they have to navigate and learn about. So being sad is an emotion of which kids feel and need to feel and discuss with you a parent in order to grow.

So where does that leave this movie? Mixed honestly. Someone like me loved it for it's imagination, it's heart, the main character and her drive to invent, create and ultimately rediscover why it's important to do so after something that happens to bury those feelings.

The mixed part comes into play when you as an older person who knows how to analyze movies and characters. The message of the movie can be confusing. This is purely a matter of perspective so I can only give mine and if someone disagrees then they are free too. Just don't say "it's stupid cause it's sad and I don't wanna watch sad things with my kid's". To which I say, here's a happy meal, your hamster ball and a wall with no paint. I'd let you watch the paint dry but we wouldn't wanna get too exciting or dare I say...... CREATIVE!

The inventions in this movie are an absolute pleasure to see come to life. And I don't mean literally either even though that's also fun. I mean to see a child think of these wonderful ideas and be encouraged by their parents to think of even greater more fun ways to look at them even if the kid thinks you as the smarter parent could probably come up with something better. It's how it should be since the child is taught that their ideas matter and they are important to express in only words they can say.

Overall without spoiling too much I will say you will enjoy this movie if you are looking for a character that is strong, creative and finds out why it's important to be that way.

If you aren't then that's ok. There are plenty of fine movies you can watch. Just make sure that they have heart and don't always play it safe. A Disney movie can be scary and that's good. A nickelodeon movie can be sad and that's ok. A warner bros movie can have crazy amounts of creativity. All movies can have inappropriate humor if you py attention to what they sneak in. Nothing is meant to be sacred and nothing is truly safe. Take a chance, have fun and explore. Your heart will thank you for it.
31 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than I Expected
tommypezmaster25 March 2019
I just love it. June herself is a understandable character and has a very realistic real life personality. Basically June is the typical dreamerthat finds out that life bites back and that's a good thing. If your going into watching this show now, its not going to be too easy due to his personality, but the more you watch it you will start to see how June actually handles trying to connect with people from her past and how he can stay relevant in todays media. With witty (and cutways too) jokes and pretty reasonable emotional moments, its a cartoon that makes you feel apart of the multiple situation he is in and always wonder whats going to happen next, its hooks you at a different physiological level that other animated see that as a good thing!
26 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the best but far from bad
cameroniacono15 March 2019
Wonder Park is a movie that has a pretty cool premise and potential but doesn't quite reach greatness. One issue is the pacing of the films tone, during the first arc it's back and forth between whimsical, cutesy, funny and then dramatic until we get the park. The humor isn't laugh out loud either but their are some laughs to be had. One of the films strong points are the action sequences like the introduction the park at the very start and when June and the mascots are dodging the oncoming destruction of the park set foot by the zombie sock monkey toys (I can guarantee you this is the only movie to that zombie Sock monkeys).

The characters are typical but likable but the relationship with June and her mom is one of the films strong points they get along real well and they time their on screen together is just so precocious and Junes arc of dealing with uncertainties of weather her mom can return to her is when the film has it's best moments. Though the pacing is better in the middle of the film it still isn't smooth as butter I don't wanna spoil too much but there's a scene in which the mascots believe June betrays them and it's shown as a big deal, but the next day after helping with the one of the rides, she regains all their trust instantly.

I'm pretty sure the films issues have to do with the directing, there was some drama where the director was called out for harassment charges and had to leave production, so the studio had to carry on with either a new person in charge who has not been credited as of yet or they pressed forward with what they had done so far, and it's pretty sad cause this movie could have had it's issues ironed out and given likely would have dodged a lot of the criticism thrown it's way.

The movie isn't a broken mess it's just their was a lot more that could have been done with it, as it stands now it's a fun movie even if it feels unfocused and has some mood-swings with the tone from scene to scene. It's also a pretty short movie too.

I should also note that much like Jimmy Neutron Boy genius and Big Hero 6, Wonder park is getting TV series that will air on Nickelodeon in the not too distant future and hopefully Wonder Park gets more justice done their.
17 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best animation for All family!
egurenko-4716816 March 2019
Full of happiness, wisdom, humor, kind emotions, harmony, good balance between entertainment and something can teach you and your child. In case somebody didn't find it interesting may be someone lost child inside? It's a pity if so... Enjoy and try find Child inside of yourself :-)
28 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonder Park: A show of colors
viniciusaugustomkt14 March 2019
An explosion of colors! This is the impression that remains after watching "Wonder Park", a long animated film that has been shot in theaters. The script of the duo Josh Applebaum and André Nemec tells the story of June (or Jujuba in the Brazilian version). She is an optimistic and creative little girl who with her mother invents an amusement park with her imagination. Of course the park does not exist until June sees with its own eyes.

The park in shambles and at war with himself coincides with June's departure from his optimism and imagination. June realizes that only she can rebuild the park. The story is lightly predictable but captivating nonetheless. She is the backdrop to this onslaught from Nicklodeon Movies and Paramount Pictures.

Visually speaking is a spectacle of colors. It gives the impression that we immerse ourselves in a rainbow in the form of animation. The charismatic characters of the park give an important counterpoint. But most of all I think that "Wonder Park" comes to meet an audience that does not always find productions for itself.

I'm talking about children between the ages of 3 and 6 who live this transition between the world of imagination and the world of reality. I watched the film in the movies, surrounded by these children and I was able to follow their emotion. After all, they have not yet seen "Toy Story", maybe they have not seen "Sherek" yet. "Wonder Park" falls like a glove for this audience who longs to discover the cinema, the big screen and its colors.

The plot works great with them. They all end the movie by screaming out the park slogan. Everything is "Very cool!" It's not Pixar, it's not Disney, it's not Dreamworks or Sony. I'm happy to see other players in the market venturing into full-length animations. This is a "most spectacular" point, as well as seeing excited children who, in this case, draw more attention than the film itself.
19 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Touching and Magical Adventure Filled with Action, Humor and Heart
rannynm16 March 2019
Wonder Park, written by Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec, is a touching film and a magical adventure. It is filled with action, humor and heartfelt moments that make it enjoyable. The movie is all about the power of love and imagination. It is a wild ride of fun.

The movie tells the story of a young girl, June Bailey, (Sofia Mali and Brianna Denski). She is very imaginative and adventurous, which shows throughout the movie. She and her mom (Jennifer Garner) have a very close relationship. Together they invent a theme park called Wonderland, based on figments from June's imagination. It is a whimsical place filled with exciting rides and attractions, such as a flying fish carousel and crazy roller coasters. The park has great characters like Boomer, the narcoleptic bear and Steve, a gentle porcupine. There is also Greta, a feisty hog and a beaver Cooper played by the hilarious Ken Jeong. My favorite character is the monkey Peanut (Norbert Leo Butz), the leader of the park. He is such an endearing character. When June's love for the park is tested, the magic of what she and her mom created begins to disappear. It's up to June to save the park and herself.

The plot is creative. I like the animation and the magical looking effects. I love the vision of the park and the details that capture the theme of a child's mind. All of the areas of the park are vibrant and unique. I love the bendy straw slide and the balloon cove. The scenes match the mood of what occurs in the storyline. One of my favorite parts is when June first comes to Wonderland and sees that her creations are real.

The movie has some emotional moments between June and her mother. We see how June goes from being a happy-go-lucky kid to a sad little girl. We watch her love for the park fade away. However, we see her get her shine back. It is a great story about relationships and the importance of imagination and always believing.

I rate this film 4 out 5 stars and recommend it for ages 3 to 13, as well as the entire family.

Reviewed by Jordan M., KIDS FIRST! Film Critics. For more reviews by youth, visit kidsfirst.org
18 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely a Great Kid's Movie!
wizardzip5 April 2019
Hehehe. Don't bring your ADULT brain into the theater! We LOVED it! This is a thoroughly enjoyable movie for Children, so just let your imagination soar. It has Wonderment, Great Graphics, a Great Soundtrack... And Interesting Characters. A lot of Adults are trying to put Adult Blinders on a Kid's Movie, then trying to Criticize it. That is NOT what is going on!

The Imaginary Pretend Rides are for the Imagination. Some Grown-ups have lost theirs.

Goto the 3D Version... To enjoy the Rides! We did and LOVED it! All Classic Kid Films have a bit of a Dark Theme, or they aren't any good. Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Cinderella come to mind. Completely throw out about your Kids being miserable or confused. They will look past it, because it has a nice ending

As I mentioned at the top... This is NOT for entertaining ADULTS, as much as it is the Kids, despite many Adults trying to READ Adult themes into it. That's NOT the Point! If you leave your Adult Brain outside the theater... You'll absolutely enjoy this ... I KNOW your Kids will... I have not heard one single complaint yet. And Grandparents that take the Grandkids absolutely Loved it too! (I've talked to a few that are friends. ) Have FUN!
Magical lessons for everyone
gracielabacosta31 March 2019
Excelent animation and photography!!! A story about faith and resilience, finding our inner strenght and not giving up on our dreams. In life there are dark and bright moments, and its important to not loose ourselves, forgetting the magic inside of us.

Don't miss this magical story!! I Loved it!!
celebration7224 March 2019
I thought Wonder Park was great & imaginative. Great movie for kids and it teaches them to use their imagination, unfortunately with cell phones and computers kids don't use their imaginations like I did, June & her mom created wonder Park when June was just little and she ends up in wonder Park and is living in her imagination that she made when she was a little girl, as she grew up to be a teenager she didn't believe in it any longer until she ended up there and now she has to help her a little animal friends that she created to get the park back in order & save their world. Again it's a fantastic movie 🍿 for ALL AGES
Wonder Park Review
margulanabutrlov21 March 2019
The central character in Wonder Park is an 8-year-old girl who nearly destroys her neighborhood with a homemade roller coaster and whose mother is desperately ill. Did I mention that it's an animated film geared to kiddies? This Paramount Animation and Nickelodeon Movies production seeks to deliver an inspirational message about the power of imagination. But like so many animated movies these days, it buries its ideas in a visual and aural cacophony of frenzied action sequences designed to engage the shortest of attention spans. It also features a gallery of would-be adorable animal characters so obviously designed to fly off toy store shelves that you expect the merchandise to be on sale in the theater lobby. As is also usual these days, an overqualified cast of well-known performers has been recruited to provide the voices, even though the young target audience is unlikely to care that the little girl's parents are played by Jennifer Garner and Matthew Broderick. The animal characters are given life by more distinctive voices including Kenan Thompson and Ken Jeong, although when you hear John Oliver as a British-accented porcupine, you almost expect the little critter to launch into a deep-dive monologue about net neutrality or immigration reform. The little girl, June, is voiced by Brianna Denski. (The young actress reportedly beat out 1,500 others for the role.) A whiz at math, June has created an imaginary theme park, dubbed Wonderland, populated by characters inspired by her stuffed animals. They include chimpanzee impresario Peanut (two-time Tony Award winner Norbert Leo Butz, infusing his exuberant performance with welcome theatricality); Boomer (Ken Hudson Campbell), a bear who welcomes visitors; Steve (Oliver), a porcupine in charge of park safety; Greta (Mila Kunis), the boar on whom Steve has a helpless crush; and Cooper (Jeong) and Gus (Thompson), the beavers who handle maintenance. After June's mom is forced to leave home to seek treatment (what is it with the apparent desire of animated film creators to traumatize their young audiences?), June bitterly burns the meticulous blueprints for Wonderland and reluctantly heads off to math camp. But she runs away almost immediately, and while wandering in the woods encounters a real-life version of her imaginary theme park. But all is not well in Wonderland, and it's not only because the park's name was presumably too evocative of Alice in Wonderland to provide the film's title (you'd think someone would have thought of that at some point during production). It seems that Peanut has gone missing and a mysterious darkness has descended on the park, which has also been invaded by a horde of "chimpanzombies," who are about as appealing as they sound. June resolves to save the park, with predictable and increasingly tiresome mayhem-filled set pieces ensuing. Featuring unappealing, prosaic CGI animation, the pic is strictly geared toward very young, undiscriminating tastes despite the frequent inclusion of adult-targeted lines of dialogue such as the bear explaining, "I started to make mushroom calzones" and another creature lamenting his "existential crisis."
17 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonder Park or Blunder Park? Read On to Find Out
rgkarim16 March 2019
Fan of Roller coaster Tycoon, or Simulation coasters? Were you one of those people who had an imagination that could take you to anywhere you wanted to think of? Have you wanted to go to a place of wonder where girls didn't blow up to blueberries? Well tonight's movie attempts to bring all of this to you in a package that looks to people overwhelmingly cute. Robbie K back with his thought on yet another movie to hit the silver screen in hopes of not getting lost to the reruns of the theater. Let's get started!

Movie: Wonder Park (2019)

Writers: Josh Appelbaum (screenplay by), André Nemec(screenplay by) Stars: Sofia Mali, Jennifer Garner, Ken Hudson Campbell

LIKES:

Cute Voice Work Special Effects Animation Energy Jokes Imagination Message

Summary: Disney movies make it difficult to try to bring animated features out because of the not so big budget or army of animators/ideas. Nickelodeon is able to still work some charming magic into this piece though, managing once more to bring the cute factor into their film and get the feelings going. It's got some surprising emotional work, with voice acting and story coming together to sell the feelings lying deep in the fun, cute charm that the trailers show. Much like the opening scene of Up, Wonder Park has some surprisingly deep messages that will hopefully motivate the young and refresh the older generations on the importance of imagination and wonder. Sap fest aside though, the movie accomplishes the goal of still being fun, managing to inject the wonder of imagination in terms of visuals and adventures. Nickelodeon's team injects a lot of kid friendly energy into the mix, making an infectious, thrill seeking ride that is perfect for the intended audience. The smooth animation, with high paced speed keeps in time with the nature of the animals and imaginative girl, while the design manages to bring in the magic that theme parks and kids movies have. All the unlimited potential of a child's imagination is unleashed in this film and it is certain to bring you back into the world of pure imagination.

DISLIKES:

Predictable Too Simple Lacking Intense Suspense Short

Summary: As we have talked about, animation movies require a story to be very dynamic, fun, and have a sense of adventure that takes us out of our world. While Wonder Park does semi-accomplish this, it doesn't quite do it as well as some of the other bigger studios have done. For one thing the movie is predictable, all the symbolism, mystery, and potential twists are easily discernible and lacking the finesse and mind-blowing moments that the sister studio is famous for. In addition, despite all the fun that Wonder Park did in helping you relive your childhood, it was a little too simplistic in the adventure department, not quite having the drive or dive that Pixar and DreamWorks is able to concoct. This means for me that there was not too many suspenseful parts in the mix, most of the chases reduced to quick bouts of falling, or lost in another joke. All the dark challenges and impasses are very diluted avenues, that act as symbolic psyche components of humans rather than true antagonists. Yet the main thing that is semi disappointing, is how short the movie is. Clocking in at just around 80 minutes, this film certainly moves fast, but not so much in the good way as the content feels a little lacking to be honest. Oh well, it got me out a little early, but the length may not be the most bang for your buck in terms of the expensive movie ticket price.

The VERDICT:

Wonder park is certainly an important illustration about the important components of life, including the importance of maintaining your imagination and wonder. It makes great use of the kid friendly energy, yet has a few things for adults to latch onto, especially those touching, pull at your heart string moments. Yet despite all the fun I had in this movie, the film still feels like a Nickelodeon tv special that could have been left to the network. It needed some more adventure, it needed more suspense for me, and more importantly it needed more of that magic they talked about. Wonder Park certainly has the makings for a fun merchandising series, it just needs a little more finesse to finish the deal. Worth a trip to the theater? Hmmm kind of, but this one is probably waiting for streaming for most.

My scores are:

Animation/Adventure/Comedy: 7.5 Movie Overall: 6.5
17 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deeper than the previews suggest... Parents should know
downthehobbitholeblog15 March 2019
A sweet movie, far deeper and more entertaining than the previews suggest. Parents should know that they discuss parents getting sick. June, a wonderful girl full of imagination, discovers an incredible amusement park called Wonderland hidden in the woods, however the park is in disarray, due to the darkness. Can she and the animals fix everything? We loved this movie and the emphasis on the importance of imagination. Check out our family review and discussion questions on Down The Hobbit Hole Blog dot com.
15 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderparks wonderful message
mdm-5778124 March 2019
Saw this with my family and not only did my wife and I enjoy it but my 4 year old son loved it as well. He loved the park and the characters and I think some of the more serious and sad parts are a little over his head he still seemed to understand why she was sad. It was a tear jerker for my wife. The wonder of the movie really is the magic of childhood and the possibilities that come along with it. Unfortunately, life has a way of getting in the way of our potential but with the help of trusted friends and loved ones you can find yourself and get back.
14 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
With Kids Imagination
ShelbyTMItchell18 March 2019
June is the main character and she creates a world named Wonder Park with help of her imagination and mother, who becomes ill and has to go away for treatment. Along with her friends. She becomes depressed after her mother does not yet return and has to go to math camp despite her doting father sending her off. But she begins to realize after she receives something after getting mad after relatives came over in her time of need, that she realizes the Wonder Park she envisioned is real. But unfortunately bad times have happened and one of the people she imagined, Peanut the Monkey that is taken by Wonder Chip Monkey toys that have been out of control over on the park. As she must help the other animals rescue Peanut, Cheerful big bear Boomer, Greta a boar that is a traffic cop like, Gus and Cooper twin beaver brothers, and porcupine Steve who has a crush on Greta. Return Wonder Land to it's cheerful place before the Wonder Chip Monkeys ruin it forever. As a kid you have a wild imaginations. We were kids at one point. Cute and funny.
14 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonder Park Review
magow-0121 March 2019
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Coaster fun!!
eric-36-37113918 March 2019
I love them parks and this movie brought it! 3D with the motion effects from D-Box made this movie a lot of fun! It made me smile a more than a few times. I'm a sucker for a theme park i must admit. Mix a theme park with animation where you can stretch physics and imagination makes me giddy. That part was pretty good. Could've used a couple more ride shots honestly. But the shots they did have were amazing! They did great POV shots and looking up and great angles all over. I was impressed with the direction and cinematography. The message was not as dark as a Disney film, but it was centered on a child's growth. Thankfully it wasn't solved with love or magic, but real problem solving. All the major characters were female with lots of supporting men.

It was enjoyable and creative. I got what i expected.
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Best from the Best, Happy for All Family !
egurenko-4716816 March 2019
Best combination of Happiness, Wisdom, Smiles and Emotions!!! Not long, not short, a lot of humor and absolutely harmony. Who don't understand - seems lost child inside, it's a pity if so... Engoy and Restore Your Child in yours :-)
22 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A wonder of imagination
DarkVulcan2917 March 2019
A well written animated film, tries to make us remember the wonder of our imagination. And what it was like going to a popular amusement park, like Disney World and Six Flags.

I like the animation, although the story is fun, but nothing real special. I do like the characters, they really come alive. Scenes of the Wonder Park are amazingly well drawn. Actors doing the voices are good too. This is a good film to take your family to see, but it's a film you could only see one time, that is my opinion, but a kid could enjoy this many times more.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
love it
kelun-234181 April 2019
My 6 year old son was so concentrate in the movie no jumping around in the cinema this time.
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Imagination is back! Better than ever!
Bulldog172129 March 2019
This movie was by far one of the best animated movies of the spring movie season. In reality, this was the splat's first ORIGINAL animated theatrical release since 2006 with Barnyard. By god, this movie was amazing and has a really cool story. Sad thing is... No one was laughing in the theater except me! The jokes were fresh, Characters were moving along the tracks, and the animation was just freaking beautiful! I would say that Nickelodeon has pulled a miracle out of its bag of tricks. This movie was so heartfelt, wonderful, and just overall a family-friendly movie that would really made families agree that this is probably the best work out of the splat's studio since Barnyard back in 2006

14 years in the making, it was worth every penny! I even stood and applauded as the credits roll cause it was just that good! Bring this to heart next time you criticize a movie like this... Its all about the imigination and the heart. And this movie does both!
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing!
jadenthekid-1525117 March 2019
I don't even care what the reviews say, this is the best movie in my entire life! Can't wait for the show to air on Nickelodeon!
16 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Movie I've Ever Seen!
frankiemarchisello16 March 2019
I loved this movie so much! I can't believe a few people aren't so sure about this movie. To those who didn't like it, TRY to give it another chance, because this movie is so amazing and this SHOULD deserve a TV series!
19 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great family film
colewaters24 March 2019
Wonder Park is a great family film. It will make you laugh the whole time.
15 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.