Blood Red Sky (2021) Poster

(2021)

Great 1st hour, then mediocre - still worth a watch
eallyssas23 July 2021
Like many reviews, the first hour was fantastic. Really nice pace of character and story development. The second half got mediocre, but still worth watching to the end. The make-up is truly impressive. Acting is decent to good. You root for certain characters. So yeah, you get invested.

Nothing super spectacular overall (could have been!), but nowhere near as terrible as many other movies in this genre/type of movie. Don't mind the hateful (non-constructive) critics and decide for yourself.
212 out of 257 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent horror movie
derekpr-69-40321323 July 2021
Didn't expect much but found it was quite a good movie with a story and from the beginning you think you know what's going on then it's surprises you,great night time movie to watch just not for the kid's.
141 out of 195 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprise
kennie-vinkel23 July 2021
I didnt know, what i was goind into. Maybe a action movie with twist or something like that. But man i got surprised.

Funny to watch different kind of foreign actors in the same movie. Worked good.
129 out of 179 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice surprise!
MikeWindgren23 July 2021
You are in for a great 2 hour plane journey. When you like horror movies that is.

I thought it started a little slow, but keep watching.

It's a German movie, but the mix between English and German is well done.

Try and see it when you like horror movies, not giving anything away here.
92 out of 129 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An enjoyable, thrilling plane ride
stevencinco24 July 2021
I quite enjoyed this movie. The storyline was rather unique compared to other movies of this genre that we've seen from Hollywood.

I felt the mom and her son had depth in terms of their characters, and that their chemistry was solid. And can I just say - the kid who played Elias is one good actor.

Overall, 8 out of 10 for me.
91 out of 133 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Translatlantic 473
yusufpiskin23 July 2021
Another amazing production from Netflix Germany. I am sure that; Netflix's European department definitely works better than the US department. And probably getting cheaper, better quality work.
118 out of 180 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a great watch
Don't listen to the wannabe intellectuals and amateur critics it's simply a bloody good watch very entertaining and a great way to spend a couple of hours. This is my first ever review and did it because I think people just like to complain.
70 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Started good but ended like cheap movie
msubhedar23 July 2021
It was a good start. Story was fine but after the mid story changed the direction. I see overacting. The story has lot of potential but executed poorly.
108 out of 181 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unexpected, Wonderful
samy_a24 July 2021
I enjoyed it a lot, you won't be disappointed. New story with nice acting.
34 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad bad bad
karinahatem2 August 2021
Not sure where to begin, poor performance, a kid who got no fear emotions, a vampire that jumps like a monkey and doesn't know how to bite, infected passengers who turn to vampires within seconds. I struggled to watch till the end.
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time
aashiqislam992 August 2021
Netflix shouldn't have waste their money in this film.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"30 days of nights" meets "Snakes on a Plane" and both are killed trying to go somewhere.
ed-503-46518323 July 2021
Honestly, there is nothing to spoil. This movie lets you know how it ends in the opening scene. Which I think was a big mistake. The film was already too predictable without showing the audience how it ends.

Blood Red Sky needed a good film editor. Because it's a horror action movie cutting twenty minutes or so of superfluous scenes might have sped up the ride and made the movie better. I get it the protagonist is a vampire and loves her son. The first act was reasonably good, the second act felt way too long and predictable, and the third act ended with your typical action trope.

It gets four stars because most of the effects were good, the acting was, for the most part, competent, and I watched the whole thing.
99 out of 185 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yes , entertaining
Adeeb-ghazal23 July 2021
Worth watching, better not to see previews, just start the 2 hours journey ...
51 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kid killed the movie
multitude0829 July 2021
This would have been so much better without the kid in it. He served no purpose for the story and constantly did annoying and unnecessary stuff.
60 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No children allowed
zimmermann-799-41760624 July 2021
Liked the plot. But the son destroyed everything. He is acting and talking like in a kid movie from Disney.
89 out of 173 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I made it an hour
takato052428 July 2021
And then I just had to turn it off. You know a movie is bad when within 5 minutes you're saying to yourself you hope the main character dies. It just wasn't very interesting. A mopey vampire mother, an over acting hijacking crew, an unbearably annoying little boy, and dubbing so bad you wanna plug your ears. It got to a point where I left the room for 10 minutes to respond to a work email, and didn't even care to pause it. I'll never know how this ends, and I'm ok with that.
21 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow did not expect to be glued to seat whole time
zachary-1085724 July 2021
Surprisingly really entertaining. Very impressed. Great flick. Good acting from lead woman. Sure a little predictable but so what. Worth the watch. Go into this knowing as little as possible like I did.
35 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Something different and today that means everything!
I really enjoyed the is movie. It admittedly has a lot going on, a lot of characters, a lot of turns, and at times questionable motivations. However, I 100% loved it. Everything is so the same lately. So to see something that kind of used an old trope but told it in a new way was really fun to watch. The little boys acting was incredible and I'm someone who always hates the child actors (Carl, that snot nosed kid from The Strain). I do not that anyone will regret giving this movie a try, even if you don't love it afterwards. It definitely keeps your attention and again it's something different. I appreciate a filmmaker deciding to give something new a try.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great premise followed by bad writting and execution.
Patient44423 July 2021
Netflix has this habbit of absolutely greenlighting any movie, every idea, so no wonder this one was made. Why? Well because on paper, Blood Red Sky came up with something new, fresh, something that was bound to make an impact.

I absolutely loved the beginning, how easily it made everything clear, the plot, characters, and I couldn't wait for it to develop into more. But how did they manage to ruin it the way they did, it's beyond me. Everything was set, just some pieces that needed moving, nothing more, so it is a real shame that this didn't got a proper development. Truly a letdown from every point of view, relying only on noises and blood. Shame..

I will not recommend it, because it frustrated me a lot and hardly entertained.

Cheers!
71 out of 139 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Immersive storyline.
markhilary23 July 2021
The storyline was great.the cast played the lead character quite well.lots of suspense and tense moment.although the backstory was a bit short and spoil some of the moment.
34 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can you smell it? It's this garbage
t-ktinney25 July 2021
OMG, this movie SUCKED more than the vampires in this epic dump fest. Shame on Netflix for even making this dreadful mash-up of BAD acting, a ridiculous script, Party City level special effects & make-up (I LOLed a few times at the XXL size mouth piece Momma vampire wears) seriously obnoxious stereotype characters, terrible directing and the movie is about 45 minutes too damn long.

This movie is all over the place; It's like if a bad vampire movie (which this definitely is) had a baby with a blood thirsty Rambo while on a Die Hard holiday during a Weekend at Bernie's.

I laughed several times because the movie got so ludicrous-like when the blond haired bad guy (who was chewing the scenery like he was starving) WANTED to become a vampire so he intentionally injected himself with Momma vampires blood. At that point, I was talking out loud and saying things I can't post here.

Even the plot of this movie was dumb and not explained; how did vampire mom get the drugs (that were in a glass vile mind you!!) and was she trying to cure herself or what? And that kid!?! The kid was supposed to be the biggest hero with no fear whatsoever but I guess when your Mom is a vampire just waiting for you to misbehave so she has a guiltless reason to suck your blood dry that'll toughen up a kid, ya know?

Even though this is one of the worse movies I've seen in a long time, I will admit I had to watch it until the end just to see how this garbage would end and even that SUCKED!
37 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a masterpiece, but I've seen worse
fstctuk23 July 2021
Basically the standard "German woman morphs into an avenging vampire to protect her son" story. I'm 60 minutes in and so far I'm enjoying it.
30 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth the watch, go see it
nellz_nivlecn8 August 2021
Blood red sky

A proper vampire movie, a good one too dare I say. This movie is a perfect blend of horror, action and thriller. Not expecting a lot from a vamp's movie because a lot of them has been done to death, but this one has intrigue and heart to it. My attention is glued from start to finish, the nadja character is very well done. Her struggling between her human instinct and vampiristic nature is amazing to watch. My only criticism is the overly obvious psychopathic villain, you'll know which one once you see it.

Overall this is worth the watch, a fresh take on a vampire story!
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A great action thriller with an amazing central performance
tntales31 July 2021
Plays like a cross between Executive Decision and 30 Days of Night with a bit of Train to Busan.

The film has a very basic set up for what could be a run of the mill thriller: a group of thugs hijack a plane where one of the passengers is a vampire trying to control her urges while taking care of her young son.

But beyond that the film gets a lot of mileage out of the central performance of Nadja who fills her performance with ticks and urges somewhere between a drug addict, a person with a terminal illness, and an animal. Her struggle is constant and throughout the film she's able to modulate the expression of being a vampire with the humanity underneath.

And that humanity is portrayed in the love she has for her son who she will do anything to protect. Even if that means unleashing the beast. But everything has a price and this movie is good at selling the heartbreak and tough decisions that people make in the film.

This is the story of a mother's love for her son. It just so happens she's a vampire and there is a plane hijacking. Great action, great gore, very tense but human and satisfying.
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gripping to say the least
adelectee12 August 2021
I love that it is set on a plane, we need more films like this.

It has powerful cast and a steady storyline. Its not what you expect and it keeps u intrigued and wanting to see more.

Good watch.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.