Dead Earth (2020) Poster

(2020)

33 Minutes In, Not A Zombie In Sight!
bgsmoove28 January 2020
Borefest 2020! Just two cute girls on quiet vacation, showing off their bodies when possible. Waste your time if you want to.. I can't get mine back.
21 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just ignore it.
errornl30 January 2020
Bad acting, filmed on an iPhone, bad sound editing, bad makeup and effects. Terrible story, dumb plot.

Do not bother with his atrocity.

Just ignore it.

Would give 0 stars but that doesn't seem to be possible.
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you have no taste in women or movies.. this one is for you
LovinMoviesMakinGames30 January 2020
I gave it a 2 because of the great camera work.

Everything else is horrid. 95% of the movie is watching an uninteresting Lesbian couple walk around what looks like an abandoned resort , occasionally showing some skin.

No this is not Zombie Strippers, this is a wanna be romance with mediocre looking women, and ridiculous action scenes.

Just bad... just so ... so.. sad.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely Terrible
jdiz1151 February 2020
It's 2020 and filmmakers still can't make a decent zombie film. This is terrible. Horrible acting, constant droning music in the background to make up for the lack of dialogue, and simply boring. It's basically a hot lesbian couple walking around doing nothing put on film for some reason.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply terrible.
fad-3879831 January 2020
Admittedly this film is better than I could do. Having no training, no equipment and no cast, but only just.

It's a 15 minute story dragged out for far too long.

Poor acting, no script, too many 'make a noise and run' scenes and too many scenes where nothing happens. Literally.

Might have been a bit better if they had employed a director.

Avoid.

And if you cannot avoid, keep the receipt.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More SyFy "quality" trash.
KvHulk28 January 2020
Even Z Nation thinks this is bad. No seriously. Like the other zombie said, girls wearing very little clothing ands zombies. Watch the trailer. Look up the "actors". It's trash. Not even "D" quality.
16 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horroble Trash
homerjh29 January 2020
I compare this movie to a toothache, it hurts just thinking about it.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WTF?
ptrsknnr29 January 2020
Just started watching.......2 Lesbians walking around a deserted resort with gun and baseball bat.....they arent even attractive....music is annoying and drowns out audio.....did they go to acting school? I hope they die cos this movie is killing me
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DO NOT WATCH!
notrigaengineer1 February 2020
Low budget movie, director has not spent more then 1000$ dollars on this rubbish movie. 80 mins movie and till 52 minutes no zombie was shown, movie is all about two lesbians hiding. Arent zombies suppose to be lifeless and unresponsive but in the movie they run defend jump. Instead of make up the poor make up artist have used powder. I wonder how much pay the actors must have received. This movie cannot be of 2020 it should be 1920.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
mark-5349411 February 2020
When it started it took over 8 minutes into the film before either of them said a word I had to force myself to watch it all the way thru so I could rate the film and do a review I've never been so bored it reminds me of 28 days later the speed the zombies run when zombie movies first came out in the 70s they use to walk really slow and films these days are making out zombies are like olympic runners very fast for a dead person.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just another day in paradise
nogodnomasters28 January 2020
The film takes place at a resort in Thailand near the Myanmar border. The zombie apocalypse is underway and two young ladies have the resort to themselves, learning to survive by trusting no one. They listen to the news on a short-wave broadcast as the "no-go" zone inches closer to them. There is, of course, the mythical "Haven" located to the north if it does exist as it does in North American films where it makes sense.

We know the zombies will soon be on them and then we get to watch the women fight them off in not too climactic fashion. The film leaves itself open for another one.

Guide: F-word. Nudity (Milena Gorum)
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
silly
natcalgary4 February 2020
Everyone knows zombies can't run. jeeeze. otherwise story line was weak but acting was ok. not the worst zombie movie i have ever seen

5.1
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Atmospheric and interesting until the zombies arrive
Joejoesan4 February 2020
Two beautiful young girls hide in a now abandoned holiday resort somewhere in Asia (Thailand?) after a zombie outbreak. They spend the days eating, swimming, painting, sleeping and watching movies. "It's another day in paradise", one of them says, and as a viewer you know that can't last very long. Let the zombies enter! Unfortunately that doesn't happen for a long time.

The moment they leave the resort in search of gas the film gets interesting. In a small village they meet two male survivors and for the first time you wonder what would happen. Will the men take advantage of the girls? Or will they secretly follow them to their safe haven? The scene ends in a surprising way. Nice, we are still interested in the story. After 50 or so minutes the first zombie arrives and that's too bad, because it's all downhill from there. The living dead look so fake and the fight scenes with them are so laughable that you can't take the film seriously anymore. Frankly, as a viewer you don't really care whether they will make it out alive or not.

Dead Earth (or Two of us) starts out as an interesting and atmospheric take on the zombie genre. The cinematography is at times nice and the Asian holiday resort is a great location. I also liked the music. The girls are very pretty and you're hoping the film will be at least similar to movies like The Dead. What the main characters really lack is a purpose. What were the girls doing? Were they waiting to be rescued? Were they gathering information about the surroundings in order to escape? Just biding their time was illogical given the fact that someday their food and drinks would run out. So what were their plans?

I think Dead Earth is an interesting mistake. It could have been good, but maybe the budget got away. The atmosphere and locations at least are not bad. I'm told Dead Earth is part 1 of a trilogy, but although the story can be continued I wonder how many are really interested in seeing the sequel. You can count me out.

3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
what a drivel..
loyenfox1 February 2020
Low budget garbage with no talent in filming, acting or developing the video. Terrible plot. Terrible script. Even nudity (of which there is very little) has no chance of making this low quality trash anything but a waste of film or time.

I can't believe someone put money into this.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible movie
billkenney-5069715 February 2020
This is the first review I've ever left on IMDB. I felt compelled to leave it because this movie is so horrible. The only reason I watched it was because the IMDB rating was almost a 5, and I don't know what the hell people were thinking when they rated it higher than 1 star. After 15 minutes of watching two girls watch movies and create string art and dance to music, I ended up fast forwarding until around 55 minutes into the movie, when the zombies attacked. It didn't get much better after that. I wish I had never seen this movie, it was terrible.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Zombiemovie unlike any other
Sir_watch_alot29 January 2020
Great atmosphere. Two great girls. About 4 pieces of cloth between the two of them. Great music. I really liked watching this movie. It' s not a top 100 hundred movie. Or top 1000. I know. And I have seen better looking zombies. But it kept me watching. And that's worth the stars I gave it. Don't expect Romero. Just chill out and watch. I for one am looking forward to seeing the other two movies, belonging to the trilogy this one is part of.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What am I watching?
plangdon-4822121 February 2020
20 minutes in and I've logged onto Imdb to find out what what this film Is about. I'm typing this and the wife just asked "Whats this about?".
Ugh
jacqui-0034913 February 2020
I was so tempted to fork out my eyes half way through... but then, a little action. Horrible, cheesy, awful action scenes. But, they were so bad, it made me giggle... I suppose "some reaction" is better than no reaction... I gave it 3 stars out of pity. If they were going for a "sexy" lesbian film, they should have picked different actresses.
Not as bad..A slow burner zombie flick with 2 chics
stylegamer9 February 2020
There are several reviews here that gave this film a 1 star. it is not as bad as one may think, a decent effort. Subtle suspense along the lines of a low budget " I am legend" but with some chics.

Better than i expected with some decent acting. There are much worst movies with a good premise but lousy plot and acting. Just that this is not as bad as those...The acting is quite decent enough with some A rate finesse in some parts. And a lesbian sex scene to go with ( how did 2 girls who were straight turn into lesbians?)

However the main drawback is the script which lacks a deeper storyline and insufficient zombie action for a zombie film in the second half , in which a 15 min sequence arrives .The premise is interesting , being set in a resort, with 2 girls taking refuge in a post apocalyptic zombie world.Maintains a decent amount of of the "what's next suspense" for the most part. it is more about the human psyche than a zombie screener. if you turn the lights off and set the mood, this will satisfy both genres to a reasonable degree if one will just not go in expecting a I am legend will smith type of movie with typical hollywood style zombie slashing scenes.

Would give it an average rating . Watchable .
Terrible
Hajimoto06259 February 2020
I don't think I've ever seen a zombie movie as boring as this one. I know it is a cliche, but watching this really was like watching paint dry, and I love almost everything 'zombie. But this story could have been told as a short. Instead, it is fleshed out to cover 90 with LOTS of filler of the girls washing dishes, going to the bathroom, and packaging food. Good times!

I can't believe a wasted $5.99 on Amazon for this. Don't waste YOURs.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie delivers EXACTLY waht you would expect...
Steve-from-Texas28 January 2020
After watching the trailer I decided to watch the movie for two reasons... hot girls wearing very little clothes and zombies! It delivers exactly that. There's less than 250 lines of dialog in this two hour movie.

To all the people rating it with one star... why did you bother? It only came out a few hours ago. I'd bet that most of these people haven't and WON'T watch. They might have watched the trailer and made their rating because it isn't a high-brow film. GUESS WHAT snooty-snooterson... the movie wasn't written and produced for you!
14 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A zombie movie?
mjcrowley-8659219 February 2020
What am I watching. Agree with most of reviews. What's with the soundtrack? Boring
Good movie
molillelu-8587613 February 2020
Simple storyline, how do you cope with daily life after a zombie apocalypse. Well done movie, good actors, nice tunes keeping you on the edge. I really enjoyed it!
Lionsgate??
dwright-3929 January 2020
Uh oh. Looks like Lionsgate is slipping. smh

Used to be a time where I didn't even need to look a movie up if it was released by Lionsgate. If you were in a sneak-peak and the Lionsgate logo popped up, you could sigh a lil relief cause you knew it was going to at very least be high quality. Umm....I won't be so trusting in the future when it comes to Lionsgate. Sucks tho. You know, kind of like when actors like Wesley Snipes and Steven Seagal started doing crap movies and you could no longer trust the name.
quite enjoyable
excelor_xl10 February 2020
It was way better than i thought....i couldn't imagine that zombies and lesbians could be such a good mix.....the movie will be boring for most of you....but i liked it...it is so realistic...the first half of the movie shows the two extremely hot girls' everyday routine, while the second half is about the disruption of that routine and strugle to survive...the acting was great...they both so their weakness and determination at the same time....awesome low budget amature movie....i don't know why everyone hates it....but iwhat can you expect from people that gave interstellar a score of 8.6
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.