"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" The Gang Solves the Bathroom Problem (TV Episode 2018) Poster

3 winners in a row
bmiluszusky11 October 2018
Another strong episode...if you're complaining that the gang is being too topical, then you're clearly new here...they've been doing this for years you guys, look at season 1: they had episodes about guns, transgenders, racism, underrage drinking, abortion, and the list goes on...this isn't new.

Oh, and Mac telling Dee to shut the F up made me spit my drink out
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Maybe the reason you don't find it funny is because we're laughing at you
agnespett11 October 2018
An incredibly funny and sharp commentary on a subject that's not easy to make good jokes about. Lots of big laughs as well as that weirdly warm, familiar feeling you get in episodes where it's just the gang hanging out at the bar.

Complaining about how the show is getting "too political"? You should spend an evening rewatching some of the older seasons. This is not new. Maybe the reason you don't find it funny is because you're the target of the satire.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sunny Unchained
tjproto11 October 2018
Hands down one of the best episodes in a while, which is surprising considering the show is in its 13th season. It remains original and absolutely hilarious today, and the veteran cast's chemistry built over 13 seasons definitely shines in this episode. It tackles another modern political problem with hilarity, aided by the move to FXX where F-bombs and the like are more freely dropped, making those classic moments among the Gang even better. Some of the lines in this episode are so unprecedented in modern TV comedies that they had me in stitches to the point I had to pause a number of times just to catch my breath. The fact that the episode never left Paddy's or involved any minor characters shows just how exceptional the writing and acting performance is on this show. Anyone offended by this being "too PC" of an episode clearly hasn't watched the entire series and should go pour themselves a glass of warm milk and watch Nickelodeon instead.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I put my trust in the right people
vinao11 October 2018
Don't like to overuse the word, but that was an absolute classic!

It really was an unique episode.

First, the way the they managed to fluctuate between sensitive topics, getting incredibly close to the line, but never crossing it, was phenomenal. It is a trademark of the show, but it was a little absent this year, at least in the way presented in the episode.

It is worth noticing that the episode took place only in Paddy's Pub and had only the main cast in it. That format will always be ambitious to any TV Series. And will only work if the actor's chemistry and the writing are absolutely off the charts.

That was exactly the case here.

For me, the first half of this season did not work. I only liked the premiere, and the Time's Up episode, but even those two did not quite hit the spot.

But I had faith that they were saving the best for last and this episode was an enormous confirmation of that.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still a top notch show.
quietmix12 October 2018
To all the people saying they didn't like this episode, it's ok to tune out. If you're offended by this, but thought The Gang Gets Racist or Times Up was top notch, you're weirdly inconsistent in what you like. This show is just as good as it was in season 2. This episode, just like every semi-political episode, takes jabs at both sides of the argument and lampoons it entirely. Everyone is absurd, and that's the point.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great episode, but there's some iffy implications...
stainfieldtwins11 October 2018
This episode had me laughing throughout. It felt like a genuine sunny episode with everyone at the bar arguing about music and political issues that they all no nothing about. But while I really really liked this one, I would like to cover an issue I'm seeing with this season. It's too political, plain and simple. I don't watch sunny for politics, and I couldn't care less how these people feel about what's going on. No one actually believes that they're solving anything, but the show constantly feels tense and awkward because I'm more so dissecting their words to make sure I get the politics behind it rather than just sitting back and watching these people totally misunderstand the subject (Which is a good deal of this episode, but they all clearly throw in their own agenda at certain parts).
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The gang takes a big step backwards.
Mychosenamewastaken11 October 2018
Another week, another episode. I was so excited after the last 2 weeks, i sat down with my beverage and some chips and was subjected to a horrible episode.

When you start cringing during a comedy you know somethings off. The subject of PC is rampant in our culture, i know the cast members are all incredibly liberal in real life, but now it's bleeding into the show and not in a good way, this show is becoming more and more about the issue of the week and it's not a good thing. Yes, it's always sunny has often used political or cultural situations and they have always worked in the past, i think the issue here is it reeked of a political agenda and it just wasn't funny, it was sad.

Yes, i realise all seasons of Philly usually utilise both sides a the political debate equally and it tends to balance out because they seem non-bias, This episode was tilted way to far towards the liberal agenda (similar to the gang turns black, which was far less bias and actually very well done.) I didn't think it was an equal debate, and that's where things get tricky. It's always Sunny used to be completely depraved whilst managing to be hilarious at the same time even with political debates or situations. Now the bias against the right is starting to bleed into the show. It's interfering with the shows proven working model.

It astonishes me because the episode prior was one of their best episodes yet, and that was a touchy PC issue that was handled BEAUTIFULLY. We sore both sides equally, whilst seeing the gang fall back into their roles after the departure and return of Dennis (the first few eps he seemed like he was struggling to get back into character.)

The whole episode (expect a few funny bits) felt like the writers said "We can't go full out when it comes to LBQT anymore, the topic is far too hot.. (peoples careers and lives, are literally destroyed because of a joke or a harmless comment) if we don't show we are on the PC side we could lose viewers and also new potential viewers who are PC to these issues" Which is something that saddens me, they are pulling on the reins and that's what i always loved about sunny, they never held back, and in the end that's what makes it so unique compared to other sitcoms, it is why i believe It's always sunny to be the greatest sitcom/comedy ever.

So far only 2 good eps this whole season, another bad episode and another clutch at trying to target a wider audience by being a different and updated show. It's not working fellas, get back to your roots.

2/5 stars. Below average at best.
9 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We all are same, We all got to s#!t
Rk-rohitrai14 October 2018
Sunny is keep getting more funny, more honest and more intelligent.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A dud
YoniSade11 October 2018
This season of Sunny feels so far somewhat uninspired but this episode seem to hit a new low unseen through out the entire series. It felt like a low budget effort based on a first draft of a script left in a drawer in Rob Mcelhenney's house, Not one scene made me even smirk and the characters felt like they are spewing their lines as shadows of their former selves.

I really hope this season will pick up from now on but this episode certainly felt like they've jumped the shark.
6 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ouch! Boring alert.
playartseu12 October 2018
The going nowhere episode was misspent on this one, I first got the obvious problems that they portray in society but 1 problem was not funny enough for a whole episode, we are dull too that... society has changed so much though, I wonder how this will all play out.
2 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.