A Bad Moms Christmas (2017) Poster

It must have taken them minutes to write this laughless, creepy movie, but, hey, Merry Christmas.
Zbigniew_Krycsiwiki30 November 2017
As I purchased the tickets​ for this one, I said, " Bad Mom's Christmas, although I'll probably regret it " Some girl standing in the line next to me said, " You won't regret it. Go for it. "

I wish I had run into her again, after the movie, just so I could tell her how much I regret it after all.

I was really, really annoyed by this movie, because we get this exact same movie every year. You know the routine: dysfunctional, extended family reunites for the holidays, personalities clash, hilarity ensues, they must put aside their differences, more hilarity ensues because PLOT. Regardless of what happens, we know there will be a dance routine in the penultimate​ scene, rounded up with a contrived, seemingly contractually obligated happy ending, again, because PLOT.

I didn't see the first film, and went to see this only because it was Thanksgiving, and I was on a binge watch at the cinema all day, catching up on recent releases I've missed ( this movie, followed by Daddy's Home 2, and The Man Who Invented Christmas, concluding with a rewatch of The Shining ) , and because Mila Kunis is still very attractive, and I'll admit, I was a bit unclear of the characters' names until about 30 minutes in. I was also unsure why hasn't 32 years old Mila stood up to her mother yet, rather than acting like a scared, timid child, every time her mother calls her fat, or undermines her in front of her family? that subplot is depressing and grating, while the clingy mom subplot was creepy as hell ( she has her grown daughter's face emblazoned on her sweaters, watches her having sex with her husband, tells her she has a variety of fatal diseases just for sympathy, and even * buys * the house next door to her, just to be near her! Boundaries, bitch! That's not funny, that's stalker material, but Merry Christmas. )

Random " celebrity " cameo: Kenny G., who has​ one funny line, after Mila Kunis tells him to take his flute and leave her home, he responds, " It's not a flute, bitch ... ! "

There's a huge, on-going argument between Mila and her mother's character, who wants to lavishly decorate her home for Christmas, while Mila wants a modest Christmas. Who cares? If the bitch wants to decorate her home lavishly, and AT HER OEN EXPENSE, who cares? Let Mila quietly tell her kids " We'll have​ a quite Christmas next year, but for now, let's just let her decorate, she's paying for everything "

One of the bad ( grand ) moms is named Isis, like the terrorist organisation. Seriously. That's the joke, and it's funny because movie.

They get drunk in a mall, at lunchtime, and take naughty photos with an elderly Santa, and again, it's funny because movie.

I face palmed so much when, in the penultimate scene, the Sexy Santa announced he was going to " express his feelings through dance ".

Random and disjointed, it's a series of barely connected vignettes, linked together only by cast, and quite frankly, this looks like it was only the first draft of the script, fleshed out with ad- libs, and dance routines.

If you absolutely * must * watch this, see if you can figure why the first two thirds of the story are told through flashback?
26 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This film is, well, a Bummer, a real holiday letdown
2001ASOfan2 November 2017
As a huge fan of comedies that bring some laughs and escape to this world, and as a huge fan of well-known stars letting their hair down and having goofy fun in an R-rated, raunchy romp, I couldn't wait to see this sequel to "Bad Moms," which I mostly loved and have now watched multiple times. Adding Christine Baranski, Susan Sarandon, and Cheryl Hines to the original cast seemed like a perfect match--how could it go wrong? In my mind just letting this group of talented actors improvise on the same set would guarantee big laughs, especially with Kathryn Hahn sparking the mix. I went to a "paid advance screening" a week before it opened to the public, plunking down my bucks without any fear of first checking reviews--I was that sure it would be at the very least filled with some laugh-out-loud moments, and plenty of amusing ones, well worth my time and money. Imagine my surprise, and disappointment, to find that the film is loaded with tired clichés of mother-daughter relationship problems, with nothing fresh or funny to offer, old jokes and sitcom situations you've seen done (much) better dozens of times on most any TV family sitcom, and that the script is so poorly-written it truly would've been better to just give the actors an overview of what the film was about and let them improv the whole thing. Finally it ends, and you're left with an almost embarrassing dance/romp during the closing credits that is supposed to be a celebration of the "joy" of the film and its production and cast, with the actors having a bit of an on-screen dance party as the credits roll. Instead of feeling that (forced) joy, I left the theater depressed and saddened at the waste of money and talent, and the waste of my time and money as well. Easily, for me, one of the worst "comedies" I've ever seen--and I've seen hundreds over the decades and my lifetime.
41 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
ssjewell1 November 2017
This was unquestionably the absolute worst movie I have ever spent my heard earned money on, and I have never wished for a refund so much in all my movie-going years. While I wanted to walk out after the first 15 minutes, I instead chose to continue to wait, thinking that at some point soon the movie would get better and be worthy of some words of praise or at least one commendation. However, by mid- movie it was clear that this movie was only spiraling from bad to worse, and I would have walked out had I not been accompanied by the friend who chose for us to see it. It was ridiculous from start to finish, and not the least bit funny. I was just beyond embarrassed for these otherwise noteworthy actors. Truly, it was so awful that I kept waiting for the movie theater people to jump out from behind the screen and say "Gotcha," and then start the real movie, but sadly, it was not to be.

SPOILER: The only redeeming moments in the movie were toward the end when the father explains the psychological forces driving the mother's controlling behavior and the touching apologies that ensued between mother and daughter in the church. The only funny line was at the end with Baranski calling the boyfriend Jesus. Do not waste your money on this disgusting movie from it's scripted, blasphemous lines out of the mouth of a sweet young child (OMFG) to the truly vile salon male waxing scene, to the raunchy dance at the end that no child should ever be made to sit through. Just. Plain. Awful.
48 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good actors, terrible movie
zezma18 November 2017
This movie consists of a boring story line with an unnecessary Christmas theme. While some of the actors gave me hope of this movie being watchable, you will only feel dread as it drags on and on without any memorable scenes and a bronze lining of generic nonsensical comedy. Nothing but a seasonal money grab, huge waste of time.
28 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad movie but still funny
tmcnurse3-606-2382113 February 2018
I couldn't help myself I laughed all the way through this movie, even though it was really bad. Unrealistic, raunchy, and overly done. Still, I laughed all the way through this movie. It's not Oscar winning material, but great for a few laughs.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining but lacking laughs and jokes that first film had.
cruise0112 November 2017
A Bad Moms Christmas may have fell into that comedy sequel flaw were the first movie was pure laughs and fun. And this sequel may have some moments were it can be funny, but overall it fell a little boring compared to the first movie. I enjoyed the first with Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Kathryn Hahn playing mothers who are so overworked and unappreciated. They decide to take control of their own lives to have a little fun. Sure, there are some hilarious moments in this film. But it was not enough to carry the rest of the movie.

Amy (Mila Kunis), Kiki (Kristen Bell), and Carla (Kathryn Hahn) are under appreciated and overworked trying to get ready for Christmas. They all get surprised by their mothers visiting them for the holidays. Then, there comes the drama with Amy's mother being the high maintenance snob, Kiki's mother being too clingy and attached to her daughter still, and Carla's mother who is a dead beat and only sees the daughter when she needs something.

Straight to the point, Bad Moms Christmas had some fun laughable moments. A scene were Amy, Kiki, and Carla get a little drunk before they do some shopping at the mall. Kind of a familiar concept like the first movie, were they were trashing a grocery store. Also, a scene were they are at skyzone and playing dodgeball with their kids and their mothers also participated was also a lot of fun.

But the movie does fail with having a plot. It is all about mothers struggling through the holidays, and there mothers show up to either wreck there peaceful holiday or give them a little meaningful message about how to handle there own personal life.

There was a lot of moments were there was not many jokes or laughs happening. Especially, in the more dramatic moments when Amy and there mother part ways after a party that turned for a disaster in her house. And her mother and the other two mothers chat away about how they all mistreated their daughters.

Overall, Bad Moms Christmas is a bad film. It has some brief jokes and laughs. But not as good as the first film. Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Kathryn Hahn were great but the script was lacking in a more fun plot and humor.

I rate the film 2.5 out of 5 stars. I recommend the film as a rental.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Now i know why IMDb removed it's Message Boards
TequilaMockingbird635 November 2017
BECAUSE PEOPLE WOULD TEAR THIS APART! I went to see this yesterday for some Christmas cheer and I got this piece of crap excuse for a holiday movie. This film was written by the two men behind The Hangover series. It revolves around Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Kathryn Hahn and the arrival of their mothers Susan Sarandon, Cheryl Hines and Christine Baranski. ALL ACTRESS WHOM I ADORE! But the script was just stupid stupid stupid. NOT funny and the characters downright unlikable. I absolutely love the actress Kathryn Hahn but having her and her mom (Susan Sarandon) out in front of a store with a basket that says "Canned goods donations" where they proceed to aggressively STEAL GROCERIES from the bags of people who exit the store, open a bottle of wine and drink it in the parking lot makes them not only UNLIKEABLE but not funny and pathetic. Why in the HELL would I root for these characters?

And when Mila Kunis' character tears down the X-mas tree her mother put up with "ornaments from the Titanic" and destroys everything her mother did? The only thing I was thinking was "Wow what an A**hole". HATED THIS MOVIE and I'm sure the actresses who probably just needed a paycheck did too.

3 stars for the cast and the pretty set decorations.
36 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really bad...in every way.
trinaboice6 November 2017
Grade: F

Rating: R, 1 hour 44 minutes of torture

In a Nutshell: It's bad. There are moms. And it's Christmas.

I'm a mom, but CLEARLY I'm not the target audience for this trashy attempt at a comedy.

"Christmas is, by far, the most stressful time of year for moms," explains Mila Kunis' character. Yep. While that's very true, that's no excuse for the horrible behavior these irresponsible, obnoxious, rude moms engage in. Yes, extreme absurdity has long been a formula for comedy, but 80% of the jokes in this sequel are super raunchy, and the other 10% are simply not funny.

There's no talk about the true meaning of Christmas. None of the women in this film seem to even know anything about Christ or what kind of behavior He expects from His followers.

Uplifting theme: Mother/Daughter relationships Family is most important.

Things I liked: Kenny G! Christine Baranski is such a critical, evil mother. She's great in all of her movies and even sings a little in this one. Surprise cameo

Things I didn't like: The writing is terrible. None of the characters are capable of uttering a sentence without some kind of profanity in it. Lots of fighting. Why is that funny? Kristen Bell is so talented. Why would she ever want to be in such an awful movie? Oh yeah….money. Kathryn Hahn's character is so foul. Her role was the stand-out in the first Bad Moms movie, so they really went over-the-top with her in this one. Everyone is so critical of everyone else. I hate listening to kids scream and cry in movies. Lots of slow-motion musical montages. These moms sure have a lot of spare time to hang out with each other and get drunk a lot. Instead of the "feel good" song at the end, a dirty Santa does a strip tease in front of the entire family. Mila Kunis manages to push out a tear in what is supposed to be the big emotional scene of the movie, but the dialogue was uninspired and droll.

Interesting Lines: "It's like a giant stress ball from Christmas to New Years." – Amy (Mila Kunis) "Trust me. Some day she will thank me in an inspirational speech in some large, public venue." – Amy's mother (Christine Baranski) I laughed out loud at that line, because I think every mother secretly has the same wish.

Tips for parents: About 45,362 F-bombs. Even an adorable little girl uses it. Other profanity and extremely crude language. LOTS and LOTS of talk of sex, as well as imitating sex with clothes on. Moms smoke marijuana. Women kissing women. The moms commit various crimes. A bunch of Santa Clauses strip on a stage. Nude man on a waxing table (private parts hidden).

MOVIE REVIEW MOM

@trinaboice
23 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Presenting the WORST movie of the year!
handsome_devastation31 October 2017
Loved the original, paid to see it three times at a theater. This is (for me) the WORST film of the year. The characters, particularly Hahn and Sarandons are repugnant, repellent and even I am embarrassed for them. What a waste of a terrific cast! I laughed ONCE (a joke about Sarandon's characters name) and that was it. I was really looking forward to this, but sadly, it seems as if the first film was a fluke or just dumb luck that it turned out as well as it did. I love raunchy R rated comedy but this Bad Mom is one BAD MOTHAH! 1/10.
29 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing
agnieszkaszypula6 November 2017
Do not waste your time! I am not writing often- usually when I have something nice to say but this time I have to! Film was ridiculous!It is not a comedy! It is not a family movie! It is hardly the drama! WHAT WAS THAT REALLY!!!!????? I went with my best friend to see this movie yesterday to get into Christmas spirit! OHH.....If only I could turn back time....such a waste- all of the great actors...I do not have idea why or why Susan Sarandon even wanted to be part of that sham!!??? One word- OK two- HUGE Disappointment!!!! Avoid!
24 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pure debauchery
soulsk8ter22530 October 2017
This movie is stupid and ludicrous, but a riot—gratuitous in its R-rated language and sexual content, and fully boasts its awesome cast in several outrageous ways. After feeling out our moms (Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Kathryn Hahn) in the first film, I really now see and understand how the unique characters bring out the most in one another, and it felt more organic as a result. The 104-minute run time felt just fine to me and not overlong, but there was one subplot of this film I still could have done without and did not add much to the story, and removing it would have brought it down to a tight 90 minutes.

The Christmas theme is integrated right into the plot and is a fresh way to pitch the sequel, and the grandmoms help induce the struggling relationships that one could find in a hard-hitting melodrama: one whose mom has unrealistic expectations for her daughter's motherhood, one who wants separative space between herself and her mom, and one who wants more closeness to her mom. It sounds very general, but when within the right framework (when not clouded by the film's foolishness) it hits as very real when it tries to. While the first film really felt to be "for moms" in that there is a general message that will make them feel important walking out of the theater, this sequel tries to deliver a similar thing with the grandmothers to a lesser effect.

Now that there are two comedy sequels releasing about parents' parents coming home for the Christmas holidays, the similarities stop there and audiences have a choice between seeing: men/women, naughty/nice, or crude/slapstick. I'd say for the appropriate age, A Bad Moms Christmas delivers on more fronts than Daddy's Home 2 (which I also saw a pre- screening for, by the way); regardless, prepare to turn off the "suspension of disbelief" switch and prepare for a decent abs workout. Neither the first film nor the sequel are anything special, but they also aren't a complete waste of time and money for how absurd they are.
32 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of my favorite Christmas Movies
cinephile-2769029 May 2018
I have seen this 3 times this year and love it! It's a movie you have to turn your brain off for to enjoy. It has a lot of sexual humor and swearing but i think it's a fun watch. I watched it because a star in my favorite TV show is in it, but not for very long. If you want something fresh this holiday, see this.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad movie; tasteless gross behavior
alexandranoboa6 November 2017
Aside from the gross profanity and coarseness, vulgarity, obscenity, impropriety, etc., it leaves no message, no moral, no lesson, the acting was bad, the plot was bad, and to top it off, it wasn't even funny. The girl who uses God's name in vain just goes to show that anyone is willing to let their kid take an acting role even if that means he has to blaspheme and use God's name with utter disrespect. This is by far the worst movie I have ever gone to. I would give it zero stars if it allowed me to.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
VIEWS ON FILM review of A Bad Moms Christmas
burlesonjesse52 November 2017
Nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. Well you can add Donald Trump tweets and inferior movie sequels to what Benjamin Franklin preached about back in 1879.

A Bad Moms Christmas is in fact, a sequel. It is my latest review and yeah, it's pretty darn inferior. "Christmas", which I don't think was screened for critics, is a half-baked continuation of last year's Bad Moms. Heck, it doesn't even feel like it has much of a connection to the first film.

A Bad Moms Christmas is like a cash grab for the holidays, a vehicle that is more akin to a raunchy version of Love the Coopers (or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation) than to being a legitimate, Bad Moms part deuce.

It annoyed me that "Christmas" is yet another holiday film that takes place in Chicago (even though it was shot in Atlanta). It also annoyed me that A Bad Moms Christmas is another holiday flick in which chaos ensues when overbearing parents arrive on the scene. I am aware that the similar-themed, Daddy's Home 2 is coming out next week. In truth, I think I'll now avoid that movie like the plague.

Anyway, with "Christmas" the main characters (played by Kathryn Hahn, Mila Kunis, and Kristen Bell) are not that "bad" this time around. Yeah they get drunk at a mall, grind on Santa, and steal a Christmas tree from Lady Foot Locker. But hey, that's only about seven minutes of screen time. Their actions just aren't as rebellious, wayward, or unladylike as in the first outing.

Most of the script in A Bad Moms Christmas feels lazy. The screenwriter's idea of generating laughs is to add potty-mouthed F-bombs and a sequence where male genitalia is being waxed (ha-ha what a knee slapper). The production of "Christmas" feels rushed and slapdash as well. The snow outside looks fake, the sets try hard to appear like a poster child for a JCPenney Xmas catalog, and directors Jon Lucas and Scott Moore (yes there are two of them) have a real hard-on for slow motion shots with some tired, R&B music in the background.

All in all, A Bad Moms Christmas does offer a few heartfelt moments between the focal moms and their own, weirdo moms (played by Susan Sarandon, Christine Baranski, and Cheryl Hines). Unfortunately, "Christmas" also has a stupid cameo by Kenny G along with a shaming dance montage at the closing credits (Kenny G is in that too and he dry humps his saxophone, how cute).

During the first half hour of "Christmas", Kathryn Hahn's Carla quips, "let's put the ass back in Christmas". Well A Bad Moms Christmas definitely achieves that notion. Rating: 1 and a half stars.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thankfully I Asked For A Refund
professorscott12 November 2017
I looked at the cast for this film and I am a fan of the "mothers" so I thought I would relax on a rainy afternoon and enjoy some laughs, and I like holiday films in general.

First disappointment was having youngsters using fowl language. This is a film with children yet with the "R" rating children can't see it, and they shouldn't. Children swearing in films is never a good idea, it's not creative and it's just a bad thing to do.

This film was way over the top making every aspect of the film far from realistic, too heavy handed. Twenty minutes into the film I knew I could not sit still so I went to customer service and said I needed to leave, I felt nauseated, so they cheerfully gave me a voucher to see another film when I am feeling better.

I must take better care in choosing films. I won't even bother with this film when it comes to Netflix~
23 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Embarrassing
DJWinston3 November 2017
The prototypical example of what happens when female characters are written and directed by clueless men. With six supremely talented female actors leading this movie, it nevertheless ends up being a shallow and even embarrassing caricature of females in general and mother-and-daughter relationships in particular. Too many of the setups and resolutions between the women in this movie undermine everything female actors have been begging for in the way of good film roles for women. I was just depressed after enduring this unfunny holiday tale. And I'm a male. So there.
19 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No Christmas cheer here.
jdesando27 November 2017
If you have a bottle of something that helps you through holidays with family, then use it liberally after seeing A Bad Moms Christmas because this film will only add to your blues. Not only is it not funny; it is also boring as it trades mercilessly on stereotypical mother/daughter rivalry and takes amusing moments stretching them out to seeming infinity.

For the three principal young moms, Amy (Mila Kunis), Kiki (Kristen Bell), and Carla (Kathryn Hahn), their mothers in different ways present the ugly side of cheer. In each case the mother domineers by not appreciating her daughter, competing with her, or so misunderstanding her as to make familial love impossible.

As for Amy's kids, helicoptering by Grandma Ruth (Christine Baranski) is the mode of loving, never a good thing and one of the few satirical nuggets in an otherwise sloppy script. Not that grandma is devoid of good lines, e.g., "Its December 19th — even the Jews have Christmas trees by now." Most egregious are the lengthy sequences with a male stripper, Ty (Justin Hartley), which have him dancing too much with those gestures supposed to be erotic but end up being lame, even if he is better than Magic Mike. At least the directors/writers, Jon Lucas and Scott Moore, have the wit to place him romantically with the cheesiest of the three ladies, Carla.

The coda is arguably the best part when it philosophizes about the fraught relationships between most daughters and mothers. But that's too little too late. The Grinch rightfully owns this movie, so move on to find real laughs somewhere this season—good luck with that.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
let it go..
merelyaninnuendo10 November 2017
A Bad Moms Christmas

carrying the whole movie on a script of a daily soap episode is too much even for 104 minutes runtime since the only thing you rely on are some verbal sequences between mila, kirsten and kathryn which are quite funny
13 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Setting back the gender a few thousand years
good-decision10 November 2017
1- The trailer sums up all the funny bits in the movie, rest is epic crap 2- Horrendous acting 3- Brain numbing dialogue 4- Outlandish (like crazy ass outlandish not inspiring outlandish) incidents 5- Stuck up its own ass writing 6- A diarrhoea of events with no specific relation or logic

OK if that's too general for you, Carla (a very mediocre- looking middle aged woman with no education, career, wits, or any prospects of any nature) falls in love at first sight while staring at the massive penis of her fire-fighter stripper handsome heart-of-gold hunk who has a six pack, and obviously some sort or testicular condition because he does not flinch or even grimace as she waxed his balls. And he loves her back at first sight too because she "treated him like a human being not just a penis" (she didn't). Oh zo zweet! Does this part of the story go anywhere? No, why would it if the entire movie isn't going anywhere with any sort of story at all? If you're OK with this kind of bullshit, go watch it.

Every ten minutes, I wanted to shout "come on!" Stupid women, silly women, thirsty women, desperate women, crazy women. Chauvinism has no bounds!

I must add that I didn't pay to see this movie. I have an Odeon Card. I was one of three people in the cinema on a Friday night and one of them fell asleep mid- way. Enough said.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining sequel but, it doesn't surpass the original.
Anurag-Shetty12 November 2017
A Bad Moms Christmas is a sequel to Bad Moms(2016). Amy(Mila Kunis), Kiki(Kristen Bell) & Carla(Kathryn Hahn) are stressing out about Christmas. As mothers, all the expectations are on them to make sure that their families have the perfect Christmas. To add to the pressure, their mothers decide to drop by for a surprise visit.

A Bad Moms Christmas is a hilarious film. Directors Jon Lucas & Scott Moore make sure that, the protagonists repeat all their shenanigans that made Bad Moms(2016) a surprise hit. The viewer is guffawing throughout. However, the humor felt a little bit more fresh, in the original. The performances are what make this movie, so hysterical. Mila Kunis is spectacular as Amy. Kristen Bell is outstanding as Kiki. Kathryn Hahn is mind blowing as Carla. Christine Baranski is brilliant as Ruth. Susan Sarandon is fantastic as Isis. Cheryl Hines is awesome as Sandy. Jay Hernandez, Justin Hartley, Peter Gallagher, Oona Lawrence, Emjay Anthony, Lyle Brocato & Cade Mansfield Cooksey are amazing as Jessie, Ty Swindel, Hank, Jane, Dylan, Kent & Jaxon, respectively. The supporting cast is great. A Bad Moms Christmas is a must watch for fans of Bad Moms(2016). Go & be a little naughty this Christmas!
16 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is quite a waste of time
zakerreza4 February 2018
It's another repetitious movie with boring storyline and whole movie is pointless , even its not funny The previous part was acceptable but not this on I suggest you not waste your time and watch another movie instade
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Bad Moms Christmas: Sorry to see Susan Sarandon involved in this!
brankovranjkovic21 November 2017
Comedy (though that's being extremely generous)

Bad Moms Christmas follows the Moms from the original film preparing for Christmas, however in this film the moms have their own moms stay with them for the few days preceding Christmas day with chaotic moments (None of the female characters are likable).

I'm not the target audience, demonstrated by the fact that I was in my local busy cinema attended by only 5 blokes (incl. me). There is soooo much wrong with this film, where do I start?!

Badly written, rubbish acting, revolting dialogue! Hardly starts being funny and you quickly stop caring what happens next! Child actors using the F-word (of which there was plenty) is never funny! Racist in places There's every type of lazy humour including overdone sex and clichéd jokes!

If your idea of funny is frequent and unnecessary F-Bombs then this film is definitely for you. It seemed like every scene contained the 'F' word, after a while this wears thin and then you begin to realise it was being used instead of clever humour. Santa number2 is the only thing awarding this a 1 star.

See this if you really must, but when you're drunk and the incoherent plot won't matter! No out-takes either – oh c'mon there must have been loads! In summary, this film is utter garbage, it'll make you want to poke your eyes out with hot pins.

Awful, stay away.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
talk to your mom!
fsmith-325496 November 2017
This movie was such fun! Even though my friend and I were both blessed with fabulous mothers, she and I have both known far too many girlfriends who have quite contentious relationships with moms who don't have a clue. This movie rang so true for us! Three modern-day moms are trying to do the best they can, with two being single moms. Their mothers all decide to come for the holidays - after all, who can deny family at that time of year? And, being good daughters, the young women try to be hospitable while their moms trample all over their daughters' plans. Hilarious fun for a girls' night out!
11 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nowhere near as good as the original Bad Moms
paul-allaer4 November 2017
"A Bad Moms Christmas" (2017 release; 104 min.) brings more from the original "bad moms". As the movie opens, we once again hear Amy introduce the story. "I am Amy Mitchell and I just ruined this year's Christmas" she tells us, amidst what appears to be a war zone in her house (and a camel walking by!). We then go back in time to "6 Days Before Christmas", where the story begins as Amy gets ready for Christmas and things start going wrong when her parents, and in particular her domineering mom, show up. In parallel stories, Kiki and Carla also get visited by their moms. At this point we are 10 min. into the movie, but to tell you more would spoil your viewing experience, you'll just have to see for yourself how it all plays out.

Couple of comments: last year's "Bad Moms" was an unexpected success, and I found it to be somewhat of a delightful little move, in particular with Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell playing "against character" as the "moms gone wild" in the funniest of ways. So when a sequel was announced, I was all in. Once again co-written and co-directed by Scott Moore and Jon Lucas, nothing could go wrong, right? Sadly, I must report that this sequel is nowhere close to the original, and nowhere near as funny. Why? While in and of itself it seemed like a good idea to add the three mothers of the original bad moms to to plot, it actually resulted in this being a movie more about the mothers of the bad moms, than it is about the bad moms themselves. In particular, this is mostly about Amy and her domineering (and thoroughly unlikable) mother, although of course the other two bad moms and their mothers get plenty of screen time too. The weird thing is that, contrary to the original movie, the bad moms are no longer bad at all in any respect, in fact trying like crazy to win their mothers' approval and love and pleasing their respective loved ones as best they can. Yes, there is one scene early in the movie where the moms go crazy during a shopping mall spree, but that's about it. And then there are the male strippers scenes (yes plural), which got a lot of hollering and hooting from the theater crowd (mostly female, of course). There was no such reaction when the young girl (daughter of Amy's boyfriend, maybe 6 or so?) dropped the F bomb, not once, not twice, but multiple time. The bottom line is that Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis and Kathryn Hahn are sadly overshadowed by their mothers, played by Cheryl Hines, Christine Baranski, and Susan Sarandon, respectively.

"A Bad Moms Christmas" opened wide on Wednesday. The Friday evening screening where I saw this at here in Cincinnati was attended just okay (not even half full in a small theater), quite surprising for a movie's opening weekend. I'd say this does not bode well for the long term success of this movie. Surely this will not generate strong word of mouth. I had high hopes for this movie, but sadly the film makers deviated way too much from the original premise, and this should've been called "The bad moms' mothers screwed-up Christmas". I encourage you to check this out, be it in the theater, on VOD or eventually on DVD/Blu-ray, and draw tour own conclusion.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More of a Christmas movie than a Bad Moms movie
nickijjohnson4 November 2017
If you really enjoyed the original Bad Moms it should be no surprise that this one was not as good. With most comedy sequels we tend to watch them because we really liked the characters not because there's any type of story that needs to be continued. I mean if you look at The Hangover movies more than one wasn't really necessary but the characters were so likable they knew they could continue with them. Bad Moms is pretty much the same. I felt the characters were just as likable this time around though not as naturally funny. At times the comedy was forced and was basically a rehash of the first one with Christmas thrown in. However I did like adding their moms to the mix. Susan Sarandon as Kathryn Hahn's mom in particular was one of the more funny ones because they were so similar. It was also a pretty enjoyable Christmas movie and kind of got me in the Christmas spirit even though Halloween literally just ended. Obviously it's not an It's a Wonderful Life classic but a good Christmas comedy. Overall I like the theme of a film being called Bad Moms when they're all trying pretty hard to be good moms that just realize they can never be perfect. I like that most moms can relate to at least one of the characters. And yes if they made a third called Bad Grandmas which they pretty much made it look like they would, or at least could, I would see it.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.