Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (TV Series 2017– ) Poster

Very childish and unoriginal and lacks depth
amatar-4184511 January 2019
Lets start off to why this was a bad series. Like the title says, its very childish and is set in an all " Sunshine and rainbows" world and utopia. The whole point of naruto is that its supposed to be action packed and appeal to audiences of all ages with its unique fights and strategy in battle. Boruto scraps that all away and puts a ton of filler and when the canon events appear they're usually under performing. Moving on to unoriginal, if you compare boruto to both parts of naruto youll notice their children havent really developed their own skills, just copies of their parents and also the plot is so shallow it signifies nothing no symbolism, no philosophy, no talk no jutsu, they threw that all out and made it a barney kids show. I just explained how it lacked depth, but still this isnt written by the original author of naruto and its not performing too well in the anime industry so what i suggest is dropping the anime and watch the better anime out there and if you really like boruto read the manga it isnt as awful as the anime but still underperforms.
24 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ruining Naruto's Lagacy
The anime is only running due to Old Naruto and Sasuke fans. But due to awful stories and episodes I think we need to let go the franchise and remember the memories of the Naruto series. This series is just a bunch fillers and fillers, lowest quality of arcs which are only stretched illogically. I hope they keep their focus on Boruto and its story, rather than telling stories about all the 20+ useless characters. Otherwise there is no future of Boruto.
21 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
waste of time no story
agrajat13 November 2018
Why did they even make this anime it is insult to naruto anime ,the only reason this anime is being watched is because of the fans of naruto wants to see naruto
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boruto
sanroo-1451217 May 2018
Sorry. This series does not create any feelings, yet. Just waiting for the old characters to jump in all the time. And the new characters feels more like bad coopies of the old ones. But it seems that they trying to lay the foundation of a really big story. The question is whether you manage to watch it until it blossoms. I'm on section 30 and still not hooked.
29 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A perfect example of how damaging milking a popular franchise can be
hyey_kurama30 August 2017
While I enjoyed the amazing story,action and depth on Naruto and Naruto Shippuden,I can't describe how awful and boring Boruto can be. The characters are carbon copies of the previous story,but while in Naruto series each character had depth and an amazing story background,where each villain was likable in a certain degree,Boruto completely lacks this. The main series for the series sucking so bad is ,according to its fanbase 'not enough episodes ',which I disagree completely as over 20 episodes have passed(since I'm writing this review) and absolutely nothing happened. You can compare the (lame) quality of this series by comparing it with the 20 episodes of Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. In Naruto,the main characters already learn some skills,almost die,and quite a bunch of character die too (major and minor roles) leaving a deep emotional impact and making you amazed at the main characters personal development. In Naruto Shippuden first 20 episodes again,the stakes are huge,an entire country is in peril and some major characters die while in Boruto nothing happens,no one learns any new skills and there isn't any major treat or character development(except the power of friendship if you wanna count that) . Someone on youtube even made a video of all the action that happens in over 20 hours of screen time in Bouruto:an underwhelming 8 minutes of fighting from over 20 hours,out of which 7 minutes are Boruto using his shadow clones to fight. Maybe after 100 episodes who knows,maybe someone will learn a new skill or hopefully a promising villain will appear.
51 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sequel lacks depth of character and story
mohamadamneimneh15 June 2017
The Boruto series is by far more inferior than the original Naruto series for so many reasons:

• No effort has been made to develop characters - Most of the children are a copy/paste version of their parents - Despite a thrilling start in episode one, story development has been both horrible and slow - Boruto's character is completely uninteresting especially that he hates Naruto - automatic loss of respect for Boruto's character - Naruto is not as passionate and emotional as he was in the original series - you would think he'd pass that on to his children - The sequel is less emotional compared to the original series and it doesn't stress the values that the original focused on i.e. love, friendship and sacrifice to protect your beloved. Instead, it reinforces rebellion against parents - The sequel seems to be directed towards young viewers - Boruto is too arrogant and doesn't have a rival - A Jedi warrior is boring if he doesn't fight a Sith lord

In short, the sequel lacks a good story line, depth of character, and the passion of the original NARUTO series
53 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't watch
vmarkuls19 October 2018
A failed sequel to a once great series also drives attention away from naruto and assume and focuses only on the new generation poor character development and poor storyline
17 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
ashayakhare2 July 2017
Over powerful character from the start, lack of story, lack of main motive to begin the adventure. After the epic series this series will make you vomit. New characters designs are also very poor. The villain before the start of story becomes the main interest but you will hate it the most when you got to know that the story starts before the movie 'Boruto The movie' and even before the manga, and that fight will most probably occur after the story of movie.
31 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ibersunkaev24 January 2019
They officially sank canon. 3 stars for the love of Naruto and the shinobi universe
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
SUCKS
ganiyubaraq20 July 2018
The only time it is interesting is when the old characters are involved just look at episode 65 and see how sasuke and naruto are fighting with momoshiki. The main issue with the whole series the character development alongside the bad storytelling of the characters. They should have focused on a characted like iwabe and made a 100 episode series about him and how he is going to stop characters like momoshiki from taking over the world
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
MORE FILLER THEN NARUTO
reav-0518329 May 2019
Naruto it was an anime full of filler... but with this boruto is even worst!

i keep watching it becouse even if naruto it was full of filler in the end the story was good, full of action

but boruto......... im just hating it more and more each episodes my good memory of naruto is vanishing

even the character that i really enjoyed in the naruto "original series" are getting stupid and out of it character example: SASUKE

its almost 2years now and everything CANON in this series its already been watched in the boruto movie "2 years ago" unless u want see how jugo save duck or how gai and kakashi spent their time at the SPA

so yes.. i feel like i wasted my time watching all episodes
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show is damaging it's Fanbase...
ragr-8139419 April 2019
I'm a huge fan of naruto. I hate to say this, but I have to... It's totally a waste of time watching this show. I had my patience in watching this show till 100th episode. But now I cant watch it anymore. The main story has been stopped playing long ago, nearly 50 episodes back. The episodes they are casting now are fillers and doesn't have any connection to the main story. Seriously, they are damaging their fanbase and I have no intension in watching this show anymore.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An UTTER WASTE OF TIME
saviowerewolfgodjose25 December 2018
Honestly, a disgrace to anime and Naruto. This series has no good story, humor, or anything linked to the impact Naruto has had in our hearts. It's an utter waste of time and I hope the creators look into this.

Moreover, the animation is just poor and looks very very ugly, almost hard to watch. At this time when we have good animes like Black Clover and Boku No Hero Akademia, I wonder how do the creators of Boruto expect to have any competition when they keep living in the shadow of the success behind Naruto.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The problems with boruto *spoliers discussed*
jonrules15 June 2018
SPOILER: A major issue people have with Boruto is that they compare it to the orginal Naruto. I find myself very unexcited during fights and overall plot of the story. I was very excited to watch the movie and had a lot of promise coming into the series, but my expectations were not met. The fights feel watered down and almost have a PG rating on them. I truely do not like the characters as much as i did in the movie or the manga following Narutos end. The villians in the beginings have been plain terrible in my opinion. Theres a lack of that classic edgy naruto villian feel such as zabuza or orochimaru. Those guys made the story interesting and set a goal. In the manga a new group has formed called Kara. This group sucks. Compared to the violent and orginal powers of the akatsuki, they just stink. I really cant see this show turning out well with borutos main story arch which is a worse version of naruto and sasuke relationship. However, the show does capture some special moments in the leaf. The story excells on showing borutos relationships with his parents and goes into an emotional development during peace times in the leaf. The animation is also very well done. Its hard to consider this show independent from naruto since naruto is involved still. Naruto and sasuke feel like they bring a breath a fresh air everytime they are on screen and i almost forget that this show is about boruto (which i like). I wouldnt watch this show week to week. Im going to continue watching it since ive watched naruto for the last 12 years and im not stopping now.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Meh" out of 10
jonathan1995-746-92693912 September 2017
The entire series feels like a OVA/filler formula that doesn't progress on the overarching story.

I saw this and thought it would be cool to revisit my childhood series. After seeing a few episodes I just felt too old as it's focusing on their academy life. The challenges that the characters face are just trivial AF and doesn't bring any sense of importance.

There is just a lack of a good story arch and development in characters. The characters feels very 2 dimensional(no pun intended) as they are basically copies of their parents and nothing more. There is no seriousness or emotional moments which is what made Naruto work. There is no forest of death where you feel that there is a real sense of danger and that the characters actually can get hurt or killed.

The animation is pretty good tho which is why I give it a 3/10.
19 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as good as people say
abimbolamariam30 April 2019
To be honest the character designs and redesigns are bad. The anime has some pretty good arcs like the momshiki and the arc with shin uchiha. So far after 104 episodes it hasn't lived up to its potential. But one thing that's killing this anime is its fillers. Half the show is fillers and none of them help the plot or plots in any way. Plus 80% of the characters are weak. it being written by kishimoto's assistant and it's taking place in the age of peace. The anime is trying to balance slice of life and action and adventure but it's pretty uneven. Plus even though this is preferncial I dont really like the animation style
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disgrace to Naruto series
petakyahbuckley7 August 2019
No meaning story what so ever... No good long fights except momosiku... They just talk and talk... It's not exciting what so ever...
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good continuation
arnaud_m-l1 June 2017
Boruto serves as a good continuation to its predecessor, Naruto. It pleases the original fans with a new take on classic characters like Shino, Naruto as a Hokage and his wife Hinata. Meanwhile, it introduces potential newcomers to the basics of the universe like chakra and the multiple jutsus. Considering the fact that the creators of the show have to build a new franchise that already had a movie based on it (with an end of the world-like plot) before it even began, i'm equally worried and intrigued. The low point for me is that all the main characters, which are the children of naruto's friends, are basically copies of their parents and fail to feel fresh (including Boruto). By chance, the arrival of the mysterious Mitsuki adds a little suspense to the show, and the opening scene of the first episode promises some real good action in the future.

For now, the plot of the first arc seems pretty basic and straight forward, but it's perfectly fine considering that every anime that wants to run for a long period of time has to lay down some bases and introduce the new characters before diving into the core content. What makes you come back for the next episode is the immense potential of the show that could mix nostalgia and hot action in the future. With all the colorful characters that were established in the show's ancestor, there is no doubt that the viewers will soon be rewarded with quality television.
26 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Diffent from what i expected
reginachen14 April 2019
Well the story line is quite boring , And i wondering why all the character seems so weak . And very different from naruto .in naruto movie all the characters fight hardly before they drop (runs out of cakra) but this boruto movie . Always runs out of cakra after got hit one time 🙄
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Fresh Renewal of Ninjaverse
yozanirwan23 April 2017
Boruto : Naruto Next Generation is a continuation of Naruto Shippuden which is my favorite anime. It's take several years after Naruto Shippuden ending. Just like its title, Boruto Uzumaki (Naruto's son) is the main protagonist replacing his father on Naruto Shippuden. With new fresh characters this show trying to differentiate its stories from their previous shows (Naruto and Naruto Shippuden). These new characters have great chemistry with Boruto and they created a good foundation for this show. The animation style had been enhanced, so the action pack looks really awesome. This show looks brighter than Naruto Shippuden which works pretty well with the story. The only problem that I have is the first episode that contain a glimpse of Boruto's future that I found isn't that interesting. Overall Boruto : Naruto Next Generation is very good. From its animation style to its well told characters. This new fresh anime is worth to be waited every week.
22 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WHY IS IT ALL SO BORING?
tyannamccoo29 April 2018
Every single episode just looks cute and rushed. Boruto is not a slice of life anime. I came to see well put together action and some sad drama! I really expected more from this show. I think almost every real Naruto fan expected more so far. Plus where is the comedy! I have yet to truly laugh while watching this show. UPDATE: who are the new artists drawing the characters it all looks god awful. Their noses and faces are really throwing me off. They look like eggs sometimes! 😭 I honestly wish they would've continued the same drawing style they had at the end of naruto shippudden. And also the majority of the fight just looks sad. Please be a lil more suspenseful I feel like I'm watching a Disney channel cartoon.
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
such a mess, Story line feels like fillers and fillers over again and again
afzalzedx25 April 2018
So disappointed with the story, Over more than 50 episodes and not a single episode worth watching. The truth is it isn't a true successor for naruto.
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Do not waste your time
derckatchzhenia16 March 2019
Don't waste your time if you want to see a good anime. You should watch this if you like to feel pain and disappointment. Who is that people who rate Boruto so high?
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and Boinng
Hossein_Akbari8 July 2019
No Main story and weak filers... Actions aren't good enough to attract you.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well, lets wait and see
kristalium22 November 2017
The only thing that I feel interesting about the series is the cameos of the old characters. The designs of new characters are far from interesting and they made the anime even more childish with all the colorful stuffs and their academy things, I mean it IS a ninja anime right? Well none of them looks like ninjas at all! Except from sarada, she fits very well into the anime but still altho being an uchiha, she really doesn't have any genius vibes. And as others have already pointed out, there's no atmosphere about them being in danger. They can make random new uninteresting villains but easily get beaten by naruto sasuke combos. Hopefully it will get better as the series goes or is it really intended for much younger audiences? We'll have to find out. And the most thing that I hate about the series is the hairstyles of new kids.

What the heck were they thinking when they drew them? Heck!
9 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.