Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019) Poster

1,409 Reviews
Schools Out And Jon Watts Directs Tom Holland In Spider-Man: Far From Home With Samuel L. Jackson On Vacation And Jake Gyllenhaal Tripping
helenbassett30 July 2019
Schools out for summer and although Spider-Man: Far From Home has been out since July 2, it just made over $1 Billion and it's well worth a visit if you haven't seen it yet. Jon Watts takes on the directing duties again after his 2017's Homecoming. In another world he could have been Spider-Man himself, but Tom Holland is in the suit again, and wanting to have a summer off after the events of Avengers: Endgame. We know Tony Stark is dead and Jon Favreau's Happy tells Peter that Nick Fury needs him to step up to The Avengers plate. But Peter is packing for a school trip to Europe and he ignores the phone. That'll come back and bite him. Samuel L. Jackson's Fury wants Peter to be worthy of the trust Tony Stark had in him. Not a great move to ghost him then.

He doesn't even take the suit. So intent is he on having a great holiday with BFF Jacob Batalon's Ned, and his plan to tell MJ his real feelings. Zendaya's MJ seems too cool for Peter to be honest. But Tom Holland is puppy like in his teenage enthusiasm for her. And why wouldn't he be, he's Spider-Man, but cannot tell her. But MJ has another suitor in the form of Brad, played by Remy Hii. He's like the hot Asian Robert Pattinson. Give that man the lead in his own film. Very handsome and aged 5 years when he went away with the Thanos click, but still 16 so he cannot drink!

While Peter and pals fly to Venice, the Earth has been attacked by The Elementals. With Earth and Air's fury devastating parts of the world. Nick Fury could have used Peter's help but luckily a new superhero was in town. With the boffin like name of Quentin Beck he comes from the same dimension as The Elementals. But he is the only one left from his race as he describes how they came to exist. Jake Gyllenhaal looks particularly hot as Quentin, although he does wear a snow globe style helmet that detracts from the suited and booted buffed bod. Jake definitely fits in to the Marvel world. He's having a massive trip.

In Venice another Elemental appears, Water picks the right place to cause havoc among the beautiful canals, with Quentin trying to save the city, and Peter helping this time. Nicknamed Mysterio by the Italian media, that night when Peter is brought to Nick Fury he is introduced to Quentin. But Peter wants to be the neighbourhood Spider-Man, not Iron Man's replacement. He cannot go to Prague to battle Fire with Quentin, because that's where the final show is planned by the Elementals. But Peter's going to Paris as he has his own show planned at the Eiffel Tower with MJ. Or maybe not.

On the way to Prague and into Peter's mix of raging 16 year old hormones, and the grief he feels over his mentor Tony Stark, he receives a gift from beyond. Tony's E.D.I.T.H. glasses. Quite an incredible gift as they allow Peter total control of Stark's Empire. And one he feels compelled to use against Brad, who just caught him with his pants down. Until he realises what he has done and calls off the strike. Too late. Maybe Peter is not ready for so much power in his 16 year old hands? And just maybe there is someone more worthy of control of Stark Enterprises? Or maybe his Peter Tingle that Marisa Tomei's hot Aunt May calls his spider-sense, is a little off at the moment.

Jon Watts keeps the plates spinning in Far From Home with everyone getting their moment in the sun with the comedy and action, as we jaunt around Europe. Run at warp speed with the ethnically diverse cast having a blast. I especially loved the story line with Aunt May and Jon Favreau's Happy. And the terrific CGI is working overtime into the spider-verse, with mind bending special effects, and even MJ gets to swing. But the end credits set up a very different future for Spider-Man. Until then it's 129 minutes of mayhem and action that goes past in a flash.

And all the time Nick Fury is having a blast on his vacation!
66 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just amazing
ziyakhanziya27 July 2019
First of all its a Marvel movie of course you are going to watch it. The brilliant direction of john watts with a particular scene of hinting us the new iron man is born. I liked the scene very much in which spiderman chooses his suit just like Tony did in iron man. The story is amazing and closes the little moments of iron man's journey as he makes the villans
69 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Friendly Neighbourhood Spidey is amazing as always
ariana-catarina1327 July 2019
Homecoming was a great and fun movie fot this new spider reboot but Far From Home? It takes the character to a new level!!! After having lost so many people he loves at such a young age, he will now be faced with new relationships and dilemmas when all he wants is to take a break after the events of Endgame. Personally, I prefer this one to Homecoming and there are some really incredible scenes throughout the movie with an amazing direction by Jon Watts. Besides, Jake Gylenhall's and Tom Holland's performances are amazingly executed. If you're already a fan of Spider-man, this movie will further that feeling by a thousand.
72 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome.
deepakdst27 July 2019
Ok, this is the best Spiderman movie I have ever watched. This movie have suspense, thrill, action and lots of comedy. This one is the best. I have never excepted such a plot. This plot is totally above of all theories and expectations. I will suggest everyone to absolutely watch this movie.
72 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely Amazing!! 10 stars all day long!! WOW!!
HonestReviewGang31 July 2019
This was one of the best movies I've seen all year!! It might even top the Avengers: Endgame? I'll probably take some heat for that comment but IDC!! Kept me wanting more and more action. Complete suspense from start to finish. Loved the story plot and twist. This new Spider-Man is the best yet!! Can't wait for the next!! 10/10 - honest review
54 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spider Man Far from Home
lakotaluke29 July 2019
Best Spider Man movie yet. There are so many good things about it.
67 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun
ED122304_TGG26 July 2019
The movie has a great plot and never makes you bored there's always something new and humor to come along with it. Plus for anyone who enjoys the comics there's some new additions to satisfy you.
71 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutly amazing
marwanelshemy28 July 2019
A movie that is funnier, smarter, more thrilling and with over the top action and CGI. Spiderman far from home is a must watch joyride.
70 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Marvel movie that does justice to Spider-Man, Peter Parker and teenagers
ojoon26 July 2019
I'm gonna say something controversial, I don't like Spider-Man : Homecoming, it's borderline painful to watch, not even gonna lie, Spider-Man playing a layman's version of himself, with the rest of the movie saddled with tiring battle scenes and teenage incense that isn't really all that charming, yeah, the predecessor improves like a dent on a tin can, like it isn't even visible anymore. Spider-Man : Far From Home could potentially be one of the best movies of the year, I mean, it already is the best movie of 2019 so far, in my humble opinion, of course. There's literally nothing to contravene here, it's the perfect superhero flick, with adrenaline pumping battle scenes, twists that doesn't sell themselves too much, three dimensional characters, all juxtaposed against a youthful glow that shines throughout the movie. In this sequel, we see a Peter Parker that's more competent, more grounded and less heavy handed with his missions. Ever since that tragic passing of Tony Stark aka Iron Man in Avengers : Endgame, you can tell that there's real pressure being ingressed in Peter's vernal cranium, he can't take all the responsibilities being pressed against him, and that despite all his powers and the stakes he's gone through as a superhero whom millions of kids look up to as their afflatus, he's still no less coequal to all of them, only with superpowers. Throughout the movie, we get to see him struggle with his moonlighting as Spider-Man and putting that on the same equilibrium with his life as a regular 16 year old teenage kid who only wants to propose to the girl of his dreams and hang out with his friends. And, I won't lie, that made me felt that, like, I relate to that. It's not nice living in two worlds and also living up to everybody's expectations, and the movie executes that turmoil arduously and adroitly. The rest of the characters, such as Mysterio, who is devilishly tricky with a working twist to his character, is responsible for some of the best special effects in the movie, just as long as you are not faint-hearted to see poor Spider-Man being tossed around in his illusions in one scene, MJ straddles the line between being charming and arrogant and her burgeoning romance with Peter Parker, who couldn't muster the courage to wear his heart on his sleeves, ends up with a cute result when they kiss in the end, the same can be said for the rest of the romance here, the bubbly relationship between Peter's friend, Ned and his girl is as frivolous and tounge-in-cheek as it is meaningful, where the meaning is that, when you drift apart with someone you love, those memories that you share together, will stay in each of you, and, I'm not mincing words here, the romance factor in the movie is highly welcomed and appreciated, it's cute, it's funny, it's relatable, it's making me giddy. Flash also gets to shine, it's always nice to see a bully being bullied, and that's why he is such a delight to watch, the two bumbling teachers that's present on the children's road trip also supplies enough inane humor, and of course, Nick Fury, who's laid back and weary as ever. The sense of humor shouldn't be overlooked as well as the unexpected quips, one-liners and awkward exchange in conversations just keeps on coming out like a spider's web. From the weird romance between Ned and his girl, to Happy confessing his love for Aunt May in a tense situation, a reference to Power Rangers and Voltron Force when describing Mysterio's DIY apparitions, all the way to the Spidey sense being "upgraded" to the Peter tinkle, the movie hardly ever gets boring and it entertains regardless of what's going on in the movie. As a whole, Spider-Man : Far From Home is a ridiculously fun popcorn fodder with tense action scenes, clever twists, amazing display of charisma from all the characters, along with romance that's actually cute, relatable and harmless, instead of the amorous vibes we get from The Amazing Spider-Man movies, yeah, Spider-Man : Far From Home is one of the best superhero movies in a long time, and without a doubt, I'm calling it, the best Spider-Man movie, hands down.
74 out of 87 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
movie of the summer
catman-6013225 July 2019
I gotta say walking into this movie i expected alot considering i loved the first one and it delivered the action is fast the humor is funny the whole thing is just perfect i loved everything from mj to ned to peter a truly amazing movie and i say dont walk run to see this movie
78 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
dcapiel1 August 2019
Great second installment. The acting was great, was able to connect with characters, and the CGI was surprising!
47 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Spider-Man movie
nickgabis6 August 2019
There is no reason this movie should get any hate! Tom Holland gives an amazing performance as a 16 year old grieving about the death of his father figure. Jake Gyllenhaal is great as Mysterio, seeing how unstable he is. Tom and Zendaya's chemistry is perfect. The mid credit scene where Peter's identity is revealed comes out of nowhere and introduces J.K. Simmons as the MCU's J. Jonah Jameson!
28 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
einar-3552624 July 2019
Best spider-man movie yet 10/10 and one of the best marel movies ever
70 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
For all Spider-Man's fans
shanksrajendran30 July 2019
Great movie, well done!! Good storyline, acting and action. A must watch
58 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really special
glstrom-1426022 July 2019
It took me some time to get excited for this for some reason, probably still digesting Endgame and its' aftermath. This was a perfect followup movie, clever, smart, quick witted, and mind blowing special effects like you're on a rollercoaster (must be something in 3D). Tom and his classmates are truly believable, the scene on the plane laugh out loud funny and touching moments between Happy and his new protege (EDITH...Even Dead I'm Still The Hero = brilliant tribute to Tony Ironman). I do like how they use teen romance and angst as a catalyst but do not over play it or make it the focus of the story, even downplaying it in the end in a totally unrealistic but refreshing way as one couple happily goes their separate ways) I did catch on to Mysterio's act as the world threat was resolved with half the movie left to go, but the CG and return of JJ at the end set us up for what should be an amazing sequel. Looking forward to it and hope the rest of the MCU and DCU can learn some lessons here.
69 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cool
mmmmmabd30 July 2019
Its the must important movie after avengers endgame
57 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
CursedSeal8625 July 2019
"Spiderman Far from Home" is well written, containing the perfect blend of character building, humor, romance, and action. Every character is likable (even the villains). Those audeince memebers that do not know the comics will get a great twist. There is also an amazing post credits scene. It is 100% worth seeing this movie in theaters.
76 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best movie!!!
araraginii27 July 2019
I know that this movie is far below than the Avenger: IF and Endgame. But in my opinion, i feel like this movie has one of the best special effects of all the MCU movies so far. Also MJ acting was perfect as a high school girl who look kinda mature but still only a child when come to love. The way she nervous blowing my mind like the actor and MJ were both one. Mysterio has doubted me and i was wondering if he trully have illusion or he is bad before i watch the movie. But turn out the trailer was totally unpredictable. And the way Mysterio tricked not just only spider-man but me as well. I did not even know which impact was real and which was fake. And this movie also did talk about how dangerous and how helpful the social media is. So far i love this movie more than all other Avenger movies
64 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
AMAZING FILM MUST SEE
chloeanastasia2 August 2019
This is the best film I have watched so far in 2019. It is incredible. One of my fav films. I really recommend watching this.
44 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic Movie!!!!!
kylierupp4 August 2019
This movie is my favorite movie of all time. It's so fun and relatable to me because I am currently still in high school and I can relate to Peter so much throughout the film. Jake Gyllenhaal did a magnificent job playing Mysterio. The plot throughout the movie was amazing. I can say that I knew that Mysterio had to be evil but I didn't know that he was gonna trick Peter into giving him the glasses by using projectors to fake fight the Elementals. Also the way that Peter can overcome Mysterio's illusions at the end is so good. The end credit scenes leave me wanting more!!! I would definitely recommend this film. This film has something for everyone. It's heartwarming, funny, and action packed. I can't wait to see what marvel has in store for the next Spiderman movie.
35 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect Coda to the MCU's Phase 3
CaptainNegative2 August 2019
I was hesitant after Avengers: Endgame that Far From Home might struggle to deliver the goods, but thankfully I was mistaken and the latest Peter Parker adventure knocked it out of the park; a hell of a lot of fun while still respectful of the events of Endgame. Definitely whet the appetite for more of the MCU going forward.
47 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thrilling
everinlove-0429623 July 2019
Tom Holland and Zendaya are amazing I was on the edge of my seat!
69 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spiderman comes with a squeeze of lemon
bastian-2766026 July 2019
Wonderful too see how they have made friendly neighbourhood superhero become cool in a suttle and well thought out way.
72 out of 87 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spidey is back!
bucboi-285155 August 2019
Spidey is back! Taking the mantle and carrying the legacy of the next great Avenger!
30 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best
badrooos5 August 2019
Not as good as the first film but well acted by Tom Holland and company. It is almost essential you have seen the last Avengers film to fully understand this film. THe villain is kinda ho hum but I enjoyed the film.
30 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.