Agramon's Gate (2019) Poster

Snoozefest
p_imdb-238-92638019 April 2020
Boring, bland, generic demon story but without depth or original ideas. Wooden acting doesn't help, but fits the student film quality of this movie. Shot on hd camera from amazon in 2 different houses. A lot of babbling about how bad everything is.

I sat through it as I was CAD designing, so it didn't bother me. Hoped for a nice twist in the end, which could be expected when a movie is that bad, but has a high rating.

And then the twist at the end came, a cliffhanger. Yes, nothing happened, just a cliffhanger for some sh***y sequel. What a joke.

Don't even try this mess.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really not good
SpringheeledKat24 February 2020
The ratings on here are false. This film was so badly acted and poorly shot. Hoped it would get better but didn't. Don't be fooled.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst movies ever
gargshweta-9768820 February 2020
Does not even deserve my time for rating...already wasted enough watching it...Save yours!!!
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Lifetime afternoon movie
ebookgamer17 February 2020
So disappointed. Cheap effects, from opening and closing kitchen cabinets you don't see the bottom parts of, to a stupid hand under a sofa, to the cheapest ghost effects taken from the 1930s. Awful film. Terrible script and situations that people would react so differently in real life. I want my time back. Worst movie I have seen. What a wasted opportunity.
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Comedy😂
mounirelsouki24 March 2020
I rated it a 2 star movie for the humor in it and i don't even know if it was the bad acting or it was intentional.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad!
georgewakeling15 February 2020
Don't pay attention to the 10 stars reviews. I just had to warn people to NOT waist their time.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Open the door, Richard!
nogodnomasters16 February 2020
Party, seance, demon unleashed, people die. Richie (Kris Reilly) killed his father as a child to save his mother who went crazy. His baggage enters into the film as does writer director Harley Wallen. The picture looks like it is a part one.

The acting was bad. Troy Randall-Kilpatrick who played Detective Blackwell was so bad, it was funny as was the two girls when their father died. Vesna (Aphrodite Nikolovski ) was decent for a low budget medium. You can keep the rest.

Guide: F-word. No sex or nudity.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
False rating.
cdashton-4363716 February 2020
No idea how this has anywhere near 7 out of 10. Dodgy ratings going on. The movie itself is terrible. I feel generous giving it 3 out of 10, lol. Its garbage, dont waste your time watching it.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not really even an enjoyable sort of bad.
kb-6255118 February 2020
The acting - most definitely not good. Those praising this film can't be real. They just can't. Nothing about this feels at all natural. Not the plot, not the characters, not the backstories of the characters, not even their appearances. Real people just don't think, speak or behave as the script tells them to. It could have been a "same story told with a twist." It came off more as some hobby project of some bored guy and his pals. I can't think of anyone I'd recommend this to.
7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Owes heavily to "The She-Creature" (1956)
mgwdrmatt11 February 2020
MST3K fans may be singing 'Tickle-Me Carlo Lomabrdi', after watching this one
10 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible acting, slim plot, B movie
asod-064446 March 2020
Do not watch this! It's a shocker and not in a good way
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Haters everywhere!!
shuawnhu352316 February 2020
You don't have to be a very intelligent man to see that there are haters against Harley and his team. But if you're actually looking through the reviews to see if this is a good film or not then take a look at the film critics, check out a few of the film festivals and ask yourself if they'd award a "crap film" or "garbage".. it's pretty sad and pathetic they don't have anything better to do but to be jealous and try and sabotage.

It's a damn good movie with interesting characters, great plot and beautiful cinematography with a stellar sound design and score. But that's just me and my humble opinion..
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Major Pacing Problems
captainpass12 March 2020
First of all: Lots of "10" ratings from users who only seem to have watched this one movie and could be writing about any movie.

Second of all: Not the worst movie I have ever seen; but, boy, this one is definitely low budget and used a lot of familiar plot devices and story lines. Kids hold seance, accidentally summon demon, which seems somehow connected to the main character's past family problems; use magic sword to do battle with demon, etc. It plays like an entry in an amateur film contest.

My main complaint is that, while some of the main actors did a fair enough job, this movie clocks in at almost two very long hours. The pacing of the story and delivery of the lines were so wooden at times you could build a campfire. I found it very hard to follow, because it just seemed so darned long and disjointed.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Indie never looked so good!
shuawnhu35234314 February 2020
Watch this!! It's an indie film but it's not hokey or a crappy story or just gallons of fake blood.. There is a great story, there is great acting, there is beautiful cinematography and intriguing score and sound. It's and independent horror film and feels like a studio film! Terrific bold choices!
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful movie!
sellersev17 February 2020
Where was this shot? A neighbor's house? I'd say dont believe these reviews here. Its really pretty bad!
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Paid reviews
msarkis22 August 2020
The people who gave this a 10 are clearly paid to write the review. They are so generic, they could have been copied/pasted. I just downvoted all of them. I suggest others do the same.

This movie was a mess with terrible acting (omg, the freakin "detective" who had no reactions when the two girls ran in! Bad bad bad.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Indie feels like more like a studio film
sjuingloi9018 February 2020
I see some people spewing and it's really sad, don't they have anything better to do? This movie has a ton of awards and nominations and a bunch of critics giving it accolades but the basement dwellers are hating lol makes you wonder if they're actors not cast or jealous filmmakers.. kudos on a really good story and acting!!
7 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprise of 2020
lionwding24418 February 2020
Very solid story telling and not predictable! Actually watched it twice to make sure I really got it. Probably the best acting I've seen in an indie horror movie since It Follows.
6 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Proof is in the pudding
harleytheswede18 February 2020
10 Awards 30 Nominations Critic consensus strong acting, story, cinematography and story telling.

How are some people spewing hate still?!??

And a bigger much more relevant question is who are these people who feel entitled to rip a project that takes hundreds of people to make over years of time?!? If you can answer that you may be able to fix Todays society.
6 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sequel please!
dkiammhjiwo334222 February 2020
Felt like Hitchcock or something I haven't seen in a long time but still fresh. Very cool story and loved the acting! Loved it!
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great horror Mystery!
dkiammhjiwo352322 February 2020
Clever writing and great cinematography and the acting was superb for an indie. Great sets or locations made the imagery really cool. It's nice to see a movie that actually develops the characters. Kudos!
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I hope for a sequel....
lianjwii2425316 February 2020
Love the cinematography, some incredible beauty in a very suspenseful flick. I love that I felt I didn't know what was going to happen and it kept me at the edge of my seat! Loved it, now give me a sequel!!
6 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Supernatural Pleasure
wlfa16 February 2020
This is fresh to the supernatural genre of film. The script was good the story was interesting. Hail to the actors for great execution. I would recommend give it a watch and enjoy
6 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Top 10
li34234232218 February 2020
I'm a bit of a horror movie fanatic and normally I would say I like more gore than this movie provides. But the story really sucked me in and the mysteriousness and Platt being so unpredictable along with really strong cinematography. Highly recommend and to all the haters, go make your own movies instead of ripping others, it's sad to see honestly.
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great indie Horror/Thriller
asdaaafh23418 February 2020
Really impressed with acting and cinematography I get how it has done well at festivals! Glad I found it on Vudu!
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.