Matriarch (I) (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 5 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence and disturbing behavior, nudity, brief language and drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- A male character appears fully naked, mainly from behind but with his penis occasionally visible. Rape is a minor theme although it does not actually happen. A new mother has milk pumped from her breast, although not actually visible. Talk of various sexual practices and liberal habits.
Violence & Gore
- Deaths, seen and unseen. Killings and injury by shooting, blows to the head, and stabbing. A car crash leads to superficial injuries. Injury detail shown, broadly on a par with TV shows about police or hospitals for level of gore (although no internal organs visible).
- No bad language that I noticed, although some might be bothered by brief religious discussions. I don't judge, just advise that biblical quotes are used to justify killing.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Very brief cigarette smoking (by a non-smoker). Brief cannabis use and very brief mention of stimulant use. A character is injected with an unknown substance, but this could be overlooked as it does not contribute to the plot.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Characters in peril within the first twenty minutes and throughout the film, including a character buried alive.