Wekufe (2016) Poster

(2016)

A real review to offset the fake review.
brandonlewissmu10 December 2021
I wouldn't bother writing a review but the only other review is a 10/10. It's clearly someone involved with the film. Posting fake reviews and deceiving people is not cool and it happens too often on this site.

I love found footage horror. If the film is bad..No big deal. I'm not going to come here and trash it. HOWEVER, if you're going to try to mislead people, you deserve to be called out. This movie is terrible. It not scary or creative. It's 70 minutes of talking about a silly monster and a 5 minute ending that fails miserably in its attempt to be scary.

Don't waste your time or money. OR go ahead and watch it. Just make sure you come back here and let the people know if this is a 10/10..or even a 5/10.
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of Time
johnsonelbert1312 December 2021
Don't waste your time & money watching this. There is about 13 minutes of the main male character filming the ground as he walks. Whatever camera they used to film this movie must have been cheap because everything is hard to see at night. Also, the main male character is comically stupid with his decision making abilities.
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Folksy Found Footage Flick
mjc_cox15 January 2022
The movie really picks up toward the end. But the whole thing is great. The story, the acting, and the setting was all good. Imagine what the director could do with more budget.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
LATIN AMERICAN HORROR
SHADOWINCREASE29 December 2021
I THINK THAT THE DIRECTOR JAVIER USES BIG CLICHÉS TO REFER TO AN UNDERLYING PROBLEM IN A CHILEAN COMMUNITY, ALTHOUGH IT DOESN'T HAVE BIG SCARES AND LACKS A CREEPY FEELING IN HIS CINEMATOGRAPHY, HE MANAGES TO TELL A SOCIAL PROBLEM, THAT'S WHY HAVING SO LITTLE HE ACHIEVES A LOT, IT HAS HAD A LONG TOUR IN FESTIVALS OBTAINING SEVERAL AWARDS, IT IS A GOOD WORK HOWEVER I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HAD MORE FEELINGS ESPECIALLY CLOSER TO THE GENRE HE USES.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
10 Nominations and 7 Wins
kluck_c18 December 2021
I haven't seen this movie yet. My plan is to watch it tonight. Sort of hard to believe that with 10 Nominations and 7 Wins, the movie is as abhorrent as some would think. I'll revise when I'm done.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Foreign folk horror found footage - at its finest!
walisontodd-9037427 October 2021
This movie combines three of my absolute favorite movie genres: Found Footage, Foreign (here, Chilean), and Folk Horror. It's a terrific story of two students chasing down the connection of sexual crimes and native folklore. Very good acting and gorgeous background. The story is really captivating and fascinating, especially the ties to the Chilean folklore and Chiloe people. Enjoy! I loved it so much that I bought it for my foreign film collection.
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.