Vice (I) (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 39 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language and some violent images|
Sex & Nudity
- The Cheney's are shown in bed together. Nothing sexual.
- Many crude sexual references throughout.
- A man and woman recite passages from a play together while in bed, and end by kissing passionately. The scene cuts to them separated still in bed, implying sex. No nudity.
- Crude joke in which Dick recommends men all engage in a sex act together.
- Several mentions of a woman homosexual relationship and sexuality, but no graphic details.
Violence & Gore
- A man is shown being tortured by the government briefly.
- There are many abrupt cuts throughout the movie to war sequences. These scenes are brief but contain many explosions, people being shot just off-camera, bombings, and people being tortured. See also: Frightening and Intense Scenes.
- A character is hit by a car, and has the back of their head smashed in. They are then shown lying on the road with a puddle of blood pooling around them.
- It is implied that a man drowned his wife during a drunken rampage.
- An electrician falls from a great height and breaks his leg. We see the contorted leg and its wound with the bone sticking out.
- A fight breaks out in a bar with punches thrown, but the scene ends quickly.
- Some minor name-calling.
- 'F*ck' is said 21 times, including paired with 'mother' at least once, and also written in the opening credits once.
- 'Sh*t' is said at least five times, including paired with 'bull'.
- 'Son of a b*tch' is said three times.
- '*ss' is said once.
- 'D*mn' is said three times.
- 'H*ll' is said once.
- 'Godd*mn' is said at least twice.
- The Lord's name is taken in vain several times, including 'God' said twice, 'Oh my God' said once, 'Jesus Christ' said twice', and 'Jesus' said once.
- 'P*ss' is said once.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Social drinking and smoking.
- Dick Cheney often smokes cigars
- Both Cheney and Bush are boozers in their youth.
- They show Bush in his youth in a formal party while drunk vomits and his family take him out.
- Cheney at his young has alcohol problems and drinks a lot. It shows him drunk couple of times.
- Drugs: Verbal references to
- In the opening scene, Cheney drives drunk and puts a cigarette in his mouth when he is stopped by the police.
- A scene takes place in a bar, where many people are smoking, drinking, and being unruly.
- The middle eastern drug trade is mentioned.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many brief shots of war, with bombings and shootings.
- This movie is actually very dark for a comedy.
- Several shots of people starving and being mistreated in Iraq.
- People are shown being tortured, but not overly not graphic as the scene is blurred.
- Many of disturbing scenes are actual footage of war, and are difficult to distinguish real or scripted.
- A brief scene of a man yelling at his wife.
- The main character falls down and says he is having a heart attack.
Violence & Gore
- A man has graphic heart surgery. A new heart is rushed to the hospital room, while the patient has a scalpel cut a line down his chest. His unhealthy heart is then removed, leaving a wide, gaping hole in his chest, where they then insert the healthy heart. Very bloody, not for the queasy, and lasting for several minutes intercut with other scenes.
- A man is hit by a car and blood pours from his head.