Dayveon (2017) Poster

(2017)

SIMPLE BUT BRILLIANT
favor-ryan30 April 2018
I watched this film on Netflix and let me tell you theres something about independent writers and directors that gets me every time. The cinematogrphy and original score for this film mash together so perfectly. Everything felt real and I felt a connection to these characters as if I grew up with them personally. Once you feel emotionally connected to the characters I feel as though the director and writer have both accomplished something special. At times the film can be slow but the pace and overall vibe I got from this film really inspired me to continue writing and directing my own work.
7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Touching
ch-3102410 November 2020
This movie takes it time and enraptures the audience into its mood and setting first.

The actors, cinematography, music scores, blend Dayveon's rite of passage into a masterpiece.

It reminds of Moonlight, where the director tries to bring art house into the ghetto. I rewatch this movie every so often, because there's not many movies that can capture personal trauma with such realism and artistic scope.

As an aspiring screenwriter and director, I hope to some day recreate something like this.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not Bad
naumankp-848713 February 2018
I had watched Dayveon on Netflix about a few months ago I thought it wasn't bad at all since it was the directors film debut I like the fact that it look kind like a documentary the actors were all exceptional So congratulation to the filmmaker on his first directorial attempt I give it 5/10
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.