Don't Breathe 2 (2021) Poster

Enjoyable but lacks when compared to the previous one
kooldddon10 September 2021
A decent sequel to the 1st one with the protagonist being the only character coming back with a fresh story which is not directly related to the 1st one. As I expected from the trailer this one is a taut and well made thriller with the key setup being similar to the 1st film. The film is enjoyable throughout although it does goes down in some places along the story. Cinematography is very cool and gives great angles to the viewers. The story, screenplay and writing are good. Editing is crisp and the music lends solidarity to the overall setting of the film. I'm not sure this sequel was necessary because frankly both films don't connect apart from just the character of the protagonist. But I could see this as a redemption arc for the protagonist's character briefly. All in a this is a good film and you will enjoy watching this one. The 1st film was miles better though.
21 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad for a sequel
Draysan-Jennings4 September 2021
What's up with all the terrible reviews. It's Don't Breathe 2 not the follow up to Hereditary. What the hell do people expect these days. You literally can't make a descent horror film without getting slaughtered by couch critics. I didn't think it was that bad. The storyline wasn't the greatest but it worked. It had some brutal kill scenes and the main character was awesome once again. Stephen Lang's performance alone is more then enough reason to check it out. 7 stars.
137 out of 180 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Watchable Pointless Sequel
adaml334 September 2021
Nothing of the events that happened from the first movie are mentioned

its a bit faster paced than the original but its one of them movies you know whats going to happen before it happens

its not bad and its not good its just a basic one watch only kinda film

has no connection to the aftermath events of the original so they clearly are just cashing in on the success of the original this time around.
81 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fast paced n suspenseful thriller.
Fella_shibby4 September 2021
This one has some brutal kills n a gripping story.

The cinematography n editing are once again top notch.

Absolutely no shaky cam or flickering lights.

Nothing is shown in the dark. One can easily make out what is going on.

This time one really feels sorry for the character of Stephen Lang.

The movie has a major flaw but that doesn't stop it from being an intense thriller.

The flaw - Hernandez asks Phoenix whether she wants to visit her dead mother/burnt house.

Now if Hernandez was a local fella, she shud have known that the house belonged to some drug dealers.

Also why wud the blind man tell Phoenix that the burnt house was their old house.
40 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
home alone for adults
idonotexist5 September 2021
You know what this is, you know what to expect. Starts slow but it picks up and yes, our favourite blind psycho good dude is back. In his house, you are his food.

I love how this time around they give us a better understand of his character; there is a particular scene that will really drive it home and i love that they put it in.

So sit back and enjoy this home alone for saw fans.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great sequel
davies-1609717 September 2021
Brilliant follow up to the first movie. Good sentimental moments and plenty of grisly gore too. A dark storyline indeed. There are some far fetched moments but some really good action scenes too. Well worth a watch.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good one time watch movie
pawanjeet-8346610 September 2021
All actors did their excellent job. Not a sequel but good story and survival skills πŸ‘Œ
17 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love the storyline
vellyaniputri26 September 2021
Absolutely wonderful. When I watched it I had time to cry because I felt sorry for him. He just wants to take care of his little daughter But it is such a great movie to watch.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very enjoyable if you know the blindman!
andreahagen-2428211 September 2021
It is very enjoyable, especially if you know the character and you know what he is capable of.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's good but could be better.
mehraj-malik0079 September 2021
This is good but not excepted as the sequal of first movie.
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty good watch
leepererin15 September 2021
Definitely worth watching! Really enjoyed this action packed movie. Lang was awesome!
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quite good.
krzysiektom16 August 2021
A worthy sequel to the first one. Good script, decently directed, with violent, gory fighting scenes. Acting is good too, including the little girl and two dogs. It's not an Oscars contender of course, but for what it's trying to be it's really satisfactory.
71 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Family to the death
kosmasp14 September 2021
Our main character at one point says "breathe, breathe" ... which is kind of ironic considering the title of the movie! That aside, the sequel works if you can suspend your disbelief in more than one way. One of the things you have to be aware of is the role/character Stephen Lang is playing.

Now I do assume you have seen the first Don't Breathe movie, even if this also works as a standalone of sorts. It does continue the story from the first one or rather picks up where the other one left off. Before it does leap and jump into the future (few years ahead).

So if you can dig a bit of a transformation of Langs character and can forget the evil he has done ... at least push it back and don't hate him that much .. the movie sort of works.

There is a lot of violence, most off screen, but we do get to see a lot horrible stuff. Not for the faint of hearted for sure. And an expected bonus scene after the credits (if you know one is coming) rounds things up ... sort of.
18 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good sequel
mannatpandit8 September 2021
Nice, direction is good, fighting scenes are good, lot of blood, violence, guilty pleasure😌, all good, just story averege. Normal.
14 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An entertaining (but unnecessary) sequel
pedroquintaoo13 August 2021
I love the first film, it was a huge surprise but I always thought this sequel was unnecessary and after I watched it I felt I was right.

Don't Breathe 2 is enjoyable, interesting, has a couple of nice twists but didn't surprise me. There's a lack of tension because the "old man" looks to be immortal and everytime he's in danger, we know he's going to survive.

I can divide it in two parts: even being enjoyable, the first half is quite predictable, but the second half is a thrilling and unexpected trip.

I mean, this sequel isn't bad but also hasn't the ingredients that made Don't Breathe (2016) a surprisingly and intense film.
82 out of 133 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice Movie
maisounalmansoori2 October 2021
I loved the movie but I didn't like it when the old guy died. There was another thing.. where were the neighbors? No secondary cast? I didn't feel bored in the movie at all! I love this actor πŸ‘ŒπŸ½
Entertaining and Thrilling
squir-9804523 September 2021
Lang understood the assignment and DELIVERED. I recommend this movie just by his performance alone. When you go to the movies don't you want to watch something that has you over the edge of your seat? Something you don't see everyday and even though some scenes are unrealistic, that's why we go to the movies !! To get away from reality!! I enjoyed this movie and it had action every step of the way. My only wish would've been for a better ending but aside from that, im sure you will enjoy it!
Absolutely A Great Movie
daniellewyliciahairston14 September 2021
I watched the first one it was good but breathe 2 was absolutely good I had to leave a review.
Straight up banger
mrjosh-8250311 September 2021
This is even greater than the first one... Intense and gore.
What can I say, I liked it a lot
leethomas638 September 2021
I haven't followed anything in the last year but the movie title, so I didn't expect the movie to go as it did. That being said, it was worth the wait. Every time you think you know something, there's a twist in the plot. All in all a great movie.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good
nika_bagdoshvili7 September 2021
Im so exseited And i need dont breathe 3. This movie is so good and cast perfect.
Loved It
candipauline18 September 2021
I enjoyed it and I would watch it again. I took the 1 star off for not following up with the first movie. Im not a huge critic, just love scary and enertainjng movies.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is now the land of wolves
TruView10 September 2021
This much anticipated sequel to the smash hit picks up about eight years after. We see that the blind veteran and his attack dog, midnight, find themselves in somewhat happier times. Life has returned to their sleepy section of the neighborhood with the addition of a spirited preteen - now in their charge. Keeping her well protected and training her on how not to be a passive victim is of the utmost concern. That need to serve and protect is still very much apart of his persona even after so much violence and misfortune.

The retribution meted out by the old veteran toward the armed assailants in their foiled home invasion plot in the previous film might've been considered heavy-handed vigilantism bordering on lunacy but he was certainly NOT the good guy. In this film however, it is made very clear who the bad guys are. They practically have no moral compass to speak of. And while that of our protagonist is broken -it at least still exists. Here he IS the good guy but ONLY by default. On the whole, this movie intimates a long goodbye to the days of plenty, forecasting that in America you will now have to claw, scratch, fight, and apparently steal for every piece of meat. And that friends and family are those who can serve a purpose. It's becoming all so very cutthroat.

This suspense thriller has all the right components, in just the right measure, arranged in the right combinations. Its very difficult for a second film to do as good as the first, but then to exceed it is quite another, indeed. This one manages to do just that. Bravo!
Awesome film πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
wtsysjsj8 September 2021
This film is very good and took me by surprise. Stephen Lang's acting is awesome. It should be appreciated. And I'm happy to watch it. Good job πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
MY CUP OF TEA .YOU'LL GET THE VALUE OF UR TIME AND MONEY WATCHIN THIS FILM
mogines24 September 2021
Definitely my kind of movie.

All actors are perfect for their characters especially the main actor Lang, the girl, and the main villain.

I love thriller movies so this is by far on my top list.

I got the value of mt time and money watching this film.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.