St. Agatha (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
Sex & Nudity
- Woman is stripped of nightgown exposing breasts and body, including butt. Same women is nude in profile getting into bath.
- A brief sex scene. Only back of the woman is seen.
Violence & Gore
- Glimpses of a woman with her mouth sewn shut is seen twice.
- A woman falls and her hand is injured with a bear trap. A deep wound is shown, and is later put in salt as punishment (she is seen squealing with pain).
- A woman snips her tongue with a pair of scissors. A lot of blood is shown coming out of her mouth. Another woman inspects the cut and proceed to cuts out the remaining portion of her tongue completely. All the gory details are shown.
- A boy slips trying to climb atop a filled bath and hits his head, knocking him unconscious and drowning him (all off-screen). His body is later found in the bath, the water tinted red from the blood. He appears as a nightmarish vision on several occasions, with a bloodied head.
- A woman vomits on her food. The nuns then force her to eat it, to the disgust of others. (Largely implied than directly seen.)
- A character's father is abusive. She is seen with a black eye in one scene. At another point, she is struck in the face.
- A woman has her ankle put in a vice and broken to try to prevent her from escaping.
- A man violently attacks another, striking him in the face and kicking him. A pregnant woman gives him his stolen money to make him stop, which he does, but not before saying that he intended to kill them and their unborn child for hustling him.
- Some strong language, alongside milder profanities. "Bitch" is used aggressively on several occasions.
- 5 F words
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A character is an abusive alcoholic.
- The nuns give characters pills to subdue them.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Sustained abuse by the nuns through much of the running time.
- Several characters are forcibly locked inside a coffin.
- The nuns try to force-feed a character, but she resists. One of the nuns then chews the food and regurgitates it into the victim's mouth.
- A character's boyfriend tries to rescue her from the convent, but she knows that they have a gun pointed at him, and will kill him if he does so. She tries to lie to him to dissuade him and save his life.
- The main character makes several desperate escape attempts.
- A long sequence where a character sneaks around the convent. Her injured ankle snaps, and she has to slowly crawl up the stairs and around the upper floor, trying to not be discovered.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is seen giving birth, and another woman delivering the baby severs the umbilical cord with an axe. The mother then subsequently strangles that character to death with the umbilical cord.
- A mother who has just given birth is smothered to death with a pillow.
- A woman discovers the body of her boyfriend (who has been killed offscreen).