Waiting for the Barbarians (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman opens her top and her breasts are briefly visible.
- A seated woman removes her clothes to show a man her scars on her back; her bare buttocks is visible. Nonsexual scene.
- The magistrate is shown to have a sexual relationship with a native woman; he is shown going to her bedroom.
- The magistrate takes in and cares for a badly Injured blind female beggar, left in this condition after torture. He nurses her back to health as she lives in his chamber. They are shown sharing the same bed but no sexual interaction. It is implied he wishes to have a closer relationship but she does not reciprocate his feelings. The community misinterprets her role to be a concubine, a kept woman.
Violence & Gore
- Some beatings shown, but only aftermath of torture seen. A man has his arm broken after a beating; he is shown being suspended in a tree by his arms screaming. A soldier returns from the desert dead, tied to his horse with gruesome injuries.
- There are vulgarities mentioned.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Soldiers are depicted as slaves to their superiors expressing no opinion about torture. Their officers are extraordinarily cruel.