John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019) Poster

2,044 Reviews
the fighting scenes get dull after a while
dannton27 May 2019
This franchise has obviously become a parody. It seems that a very high number of the World's population serve the High Table. They're everywhere, behind every corner, but they cannot kill one single man, even if they stab, shoot, throw him from the hotel roof or hit him with a car at full speed. And the Head of this "powerful organization" lives among camels in an African desert ... There are some entertaining moments, however the numerous fighting scenes become dull after a while.
833 out of 1,077 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too much action, lacking storyline
imamdin_rabia19 May 2019
I liked the first two movies, both had a meaning behind all the action that takes place, this movie the plot is weak and the fight scenes way too long for the weak plot. Keanu still portrays his character as the Boogeyman really well, I enjoyed it but just felt it dragged on a bit much and the fight scene especially with Halle could have been cut down.
778 out of 1,046 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brainless
mgd_m7 July 2019
Hollow plot interspersed with the most boring fighting scenes ever. Dozens and dozens of inept villains, who are there just to be shoot. Gone are the fresh sequences of the first movie. Super-uninteresting main villain. Very poor climax. Twists, just for the sake of twists. It seems like there's nobody out there capable of writing a movie anymore.
636 out of 880 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A combination of bad action scenes.
jacobooghe10 July 2019
Apparently people only use one hand to fight and actually look like they are waiting until they are allowed to punch the main character. Super unrealistic when compared to the first two movies. Way too staged to be a good action film. Also, Hale Berry has a handgun with 67 bullets at some point...
426 out of 610 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
1 dimensional boredom
casagrandicooper20 May 2019
This films is like watching someone else play a video game, and that someone has put in the immortality cheat. After 15-20 minutes, it's dull, repetitive and then ultimately stupid and lacking in any humanity.
593 out of 857 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bland & Repetitive
RavenEffect66620 May 2019
So this is the first review I've wrote. Anyway, I don't know where these people are coming from that call the movie exciting, non-stop, incredible, OMG, etc. To be clear, I loved the first John Wick. The second one to me was eh because it got really silly with the whole "high table" and medallions and basically everyone in the world is a contract killer, etc. John Wick 3 is basically the second one, only on PCP.

The entire 3rd film is literally like watching someone play a video game with god mode on. Nothing stops him. He gets stabbed in the neck, that's ok. Stitch it up, move on. People fire hundreds of rounds at him. It's ok, they all missed. He gets hit with two cars literally back to back. He just gets up. Hell, he gets shot point blank 5/6 times and falls out of a 4th or 5th story balcony, bounces off of everything and splats on the street, it's ok, he's still alive and just "angry" now. The entire movie is just and endless line of contract killers coming up to Wick and them fighting.

Don't get me wrong, I love action movies and like I said, I loved the first one. Without a good story though, it's just silly. After about 45/50 minutes, you literally start shaking your head because it just becomes really repetitive. A friend of mine asked me how the movie was afterward. It can be summed up as "everyone goes after Wick, everyone dies, the end." The movie is also left wide open for a sequel which just blew my mind. Just stop. The movie was the equivalent of someone who was playing GTA3 their first time, just running around and shooting and killing everything that moves.
653 out of 964 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's got its own action style!
ahmetkozan17 May 2019
This universe, created without any source material, had to develop and expand itself in every new film. The same fiction can not be made for each film. We don't know if Derek Kolstad had thought that John Wick would be this big when he first created it, but when we came to the third film it seems clear how the story deepened and became beautiful.

This film offers you all kinds of action. The film has a unique style of action. Any action you can think of is included in the third film. Moreover, exponentially! The enemies are increasingly jumping. As we saw in the trailer, there is even a horse escape scene. There's so much more to it. At this point, sometimes there can be a small illusion in the viewer. Only action-oriented films can be considered empty. We can say that John Wick 3 offers almost uninterrupted action for 2 hours and 10 minutes. But in doing so, it doesn't forget the story. You will learn new and very interesting details of John Wick and you will get new ideas about the functioning of the universe.

Stahelski has very impressive shots.The main venues preferred for the main fights were especially appreciated. The fact that the director's vision is so blended with Keanu Reeves and other actors is very effective on the traceability of the film. Stahelski deserves great praise.

The film also brings new characters. One of them is Sofia, played by Halle Berry. Obviously the audience will love Sofia. Halle Berry has done a great job. Mark Dacascos is one of our main villains; He portrayed the character Zero in the film.

Among the action films, it was both a strong story and an ambitious way of action. I think that the action-lovers will be pleasure separated from this film. 9/10
624 out of 930 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
totally pointless
miberg13 June 2019
A pointless orgy of violence without any plot, any depth in characters anything at all besides nonstop killing.
372 out of 560 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The magic is gone
soundoflight17 July 2019
The first John Wick film was special because it broke a mold of sorts. It went against certain action film conventions - the hero was not a muscle bound hulk like a Schwarzenegger or Stallone, the action was super fast paced, the plot was basic and straighforward, but introduced some unique elements, and there was something a bit unique and stylish about the film. John Wick was cool.

Then they made a sequel. And while the second film was more ridiculous, less believable, and not as good on any level, it was still John Wick, and still enjoyable.

But this third film is out of ideas and is simply rehashing the same things again for a payday (and hey, people seem to like it, so I can't fault them entirely). The magic is gone and it's just another over the top action film. In their attempt to mine more movies out of what was the barest of bare bones plots to start with, they have had to resort to ever increasing gratuitous violence and fight scene gimmicks. I'm no wilting rose, but even I was a bit unsettled by the casual nature of the violence in this film, which surely has one the highest body counts of any film in recent history. It was so over the top it became a bit cartoonish, like watching a video game. There was even the concept of John fighting a series of progressively more important and more difficult "bosses," just like a video game. John Wick 3 is watchable.... but barely.
156 out of 229 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Maybe I'm the only one who thought this movie was awful...
brendon-5876228 May 2019
Spoiler Alert...this movie is AWFUL.

I enjoyed the first two installments of the John Wick franchise, so was looking forward to this movie. I've walked out of three movies in my life, and this one was nearly number four had I not been there with my 19-year-old son who seemed to be enjoying it. To me it was nothing more than watching someone play a first person shooter video game.

There was NO story. There was NO character development. While the fight scenes were well done, they were too long, too frequent, and frankly they were BORING.

This movie was painfully boring.

Halle Berry was AWFUL. The dialogue was AWFUL.

I want my $16 and 2.5 hours back.
498 out of 768 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring Dull and full of Stereotypes
janetwilkinson13 July 2019
Sadly the third John Wick film has deteriorated into a mindless, plotless, overly violent action scene that lasts for 2 hours. Zero plot, typical anti-male female characters, ridiculous levels of gore beyond what is needed. It's a clear indication that either the population is getting dumber that we have so many 10/10 reviews for this movie, or people are being paid to post positive reviews.

Either way I do not recommend this movie if you have an IQ of over 50 as you will just get bored and walk out like a lot of people did when I watched it.
313 out of 478 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and repetitive
reg-851-73587627 May 2019
Maybe my review will not be relevant to everyone, as I crave more of a inner consistency in a movie, which completely lacked here. I mean, gruesomely kill several people in the packed New York subway and no one notices a thing? And bodies disappear when angle is switched. Come. On.

The whole movie had a huge "Ultraviolet" feeling. Just pile random characters on, and then slaughter most of them without much of a development or explanation how they fit in the plot. Rush somewhere, kill everyone in sight, cut to the next scene which is just the same as the last one. Over and over and over until the cliche "end" which was just an opening for the Chapter 4 movie.

I loved the first one, second one was a bit over the top, this one was just ridiculous top to bottom. The movie was actually interrupted because of some false alarm at the theatre five minutes before the end. If it was more than that we would not bother going back in to finish watching it.

The biggest joke of itself was the character Zero moment at the bench. It felt like cut out of Despicable Me. The only thing missing there was the Squid Launcher. And he is supposed to be THE toughest thug in the movie? Pull the other one, it has bells on.

Three stars for the Morocco fight scene, that was a beauty. But it did not save me and my wife exchanging "are you bored too?" glances half the time anyway, so no more than that.
327 out of 501 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
John Wick is excommunicado and ...
brummieman12 July 2019
...totally over-rated. I enjoyed the first 10 mins and thought it was going to be good, but it quickly became the most irritating film I have seen this year and after just half hour it was hard to watch. In the first 10 mins the story is already set, he is pronounced excommunicado which means he has no access to any help or recourse , he is cut off and a huge bounty is placed on his head, from then on everyone, everywhere knows him and is after the bounty, every road he walks in and every door he walks through he finds about 50 people he needs to kill so it is literally and execution by the second repeated over and over and over and over, and after 1 hour of being irritated so much it was over for me, thankfully, I turned it off
155 out of 234 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bang, bang, bang, reload and more bang bang
mr_cumshot16 June 2019
After 30 minutes or so I thought it was a mistake and I was watching a new Rambo movie. That's what this "waste of time" AKA movie is. John wick kills more people than Rambo and also, no bullet can stop him. Either his enemies have terrible aim or he can dodge bullets like in the matrix (yes, I know his suit is bulletproof but his head is not). He even got the skills to take out 6 or 7 ninjas... damn, can somebody ever stop him?

To sum is up, all you're gonna see in this one is: shoot, shoot, kill, shoot, shoot, reload and some more shooting.

The last sequence when he falls is also pathetic. Turns out he's got wolverine healing powers now.

I'm not going to waste my time with the 4th one, that I can guarantee you.
104 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pay for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge
kieltaylor2115 May 2019
This is was the greatest viewing experience of a film I have had in a cinema since Jurassic Park came out in 1993. With amazing set designs, incredible character building, action sequences that are perfectly choreographed and three canine actors that are either too badass or too cute to handle. This is one of the, if not, most ambitious films with a flawless execution. A visual masterpiece that shows that Chad Stahelski as an action film director, is a force to be reckoned with.
715 out of 1,163 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Masterpiece & Brilliant Sequel
ymyuseda15 May 2019
Rating 10/10 I was able to catch an advanced screening of this movie on 13th of may 2019. One words i can say here is 'amazing' yes ... this movie so amazing !! One of the best action movie i ever seen. All the fighting scenes were choreographed wonderfully according to my opinion. Excellent acting performance by Keanu Reeves a.k.a John Wick. The guns shooting scenes were entirely cool. I would recommend this movie to any fans of action movie. You won't find a better movie of this type in the theatre right now and for the fans out there who appreciate this material, it will provide a memorable experience. Go see it you wont regret it.
775 out of 1,264 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Are you kidding me?
turalizz4 June 2019
8/10? Are you effing kidding me? No story, nothing even resembling to a plot, 2 hours and 10 minutes of dull, boring action and exchange of some words that apparently were written to pass as dialogues between characters. Acting is beyond terrible including Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry. I very much like to know the demographic of those whom have rated this "movie" 9 or 10. Probably teenage guys who play video games 12 hours a day! First movie was good, second was terrible and this is a disaster. Cinematic disappointments year that is 2019 continues...
142 out of 219 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Story, there was none
borlasec14 June 2019
2 hours of senseless violence, a total waste of cinema space.

Unless you only want to see constant head shots and pathetic fight scenes, about this like the plague.
185 out of 294 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just stupid and irational
calipsso25 May 2019
Great action scenes, ofcourse... If everyone is looking for you, why are you walking in the midle of the street? No real motives of the characters, no good story, just dumb.
163 out of 261 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pure brutal action with shallow, uninteresting story dragging it to the mediocrity.
karmazyn18 May 2019
Lets contemplate about components of perfect action movie for a moment- What makes action movies special. Is it it's characters, is it ability to create fantastic choreography or maybe new, shiny special effects. Is it sound design or perhaps a good story ? What will elevate action movie to a new heights? What you need to do to create an instant classic? John Wick 3 creators might not have found all the answers but they definitely created something special and unique.

John Wick Parabellum is a direct continuation to the previous movie. It picks up just after 2nd movie finishes, just when John Wick is about to be made excommunicado. The first 20 minutes of the movie are really special and I enjoyed it immensely. John Wick needs to escape from the never ending wave after wave of assassins who try to collect very large bounty put on his head. In a city filled with assassins controlled by secretive yet very powerful and feared organization this is not an easy task. Assassins are everywhere here, on every corner of every street, which actually begs a question. Are there are any normal people left in the world?

The stunts from the start to finish were really special, some of them really unique and brutal. People were gasping in the cinema, me including. The sheer unfiltered violence and constant fight for survival, this movie does this well. There was even a fantastic sequence featuring German shepherds, the scene with the dogs added more excitement to brutal showcase of John Wick's and Halle Berry's gun skills. It felt like a continues shot, maybe even it was. When camera was rolling and following dogs attacking army of villains, this was very fluid and kept me on my toes from start to finish. Let me tell you this again, this movie does this sort of action really, really well.

Where it falls short is the actual story. There was an opportunity here to do more with the story, unfortunately it took a backstage here or maybe even left the fast moving Wick's car and stayed on the side lines as what we got here is a predictable plot with predictable twists and really not that interesting main character. Even Polar has better story than JW. John's motives are confused here, his choices do not make much sense and his strategic thinking leaves a lot to be desired.

It does not work for John's benefit, it makes him rather not so special - a flat and shallow character, apart of amazing survivability skills he has nothing else to offer. Is he really just a blunt weapon, tip of the spear, instrument of destruction. What is the whole point of this destructive adventure? We have here this faceless organization, their cruel motives and ways, their world dominance. Movie fails to explain this to us more. The story and subsequently the movie is lacking depth !

Remember that this is a pure action movie, however special it is, misses this final piece of the puzzle in its attempt of becoming instant classic and is sadly just punching above waist, becoming average movie which will definitely entertain you but will leave you begging for answer and more, more sense and more emotions. I will keep it simple for you, If action is what you are looking for, you will not be disappointed here.
155 out of 250 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great for Action Movie Fanatics
FKDZ15 May 2019
Fantastically choreographed action, especially in the first 30 minutes. After that, it drops off a bit in my opinion up until the final sequence.

Certainly an enjoyable movie, but I wouldn't go near this unless I absolutly loved action movies. It's' just straight up action. That's it. If you like that, you will love this.

Personally though, after about 60 minutes I got a bit tired of the movie, As much as the actions scenes are great, they lacked unqiue elements later on in the movie. There's only so many times someone getting headshotted can be entertaining.

I gets a 7 from me, good cinematography, great choreography, average acting at best, okayish script (did not like the ''ending'')
265 out of 447 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please Stop
jhajj24 July 2019
Please stop making more movies in this franchise. There was too much action don't watch it. No story line, just action action action.
125 out of 204 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Only 1 because you can't choose 0!!!
benmutton13 July 2019
Really liked the first two John Wicks, this one absolute unadulterated utter TOILET!!!! (I feel sure in their heart of hearts, the actors and crew are fully aware of this), still, fair play to them, still no doubt earned a pretty penny due to us unfortunate souls that spent far too much to see this twoddle at the cinema. Why don't cinemas do refunds for bad films? Never thought about this until this film!!
150 out of 250 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh yeah
Kalirados15 May 2019
John Wick is excommunicado. Prepare for 2 hours of epicness

Parabellum is one continuing ride of top tier action sequences. The choreography is epic and creative. The movie is absolutely brutal. The pleasant surprise is that the movie is filled with genuine hilarious comedic moments.

Parabellum is easily the best one so far. Great surprise
420 out of 733 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst movie of the summer...
codyneubauer15 June 2019
Would have given it 0 stars if I could... terrible cast, lame storyline and watching a stunt double the entire movie is no fun...
22 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.