John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019) Poster

1,749 Reviews
the fighting scenes get dull after a while
dannton27 May 2019
This franchise has obviously become a parody. It seems that a very high number of the World's population serve the High Table. They're everywhere, behind every corner, but they cannot kill one single man, even if they stab, shoot, throw him from the hotel roof or hit him with a car at full speed. And the Head of this "powerful organization" lives among camels in an African desert ... There are some entertaining moments, however the numerous fighting scenes become dull after a while.
557 out of 732 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too much action, lacking storyline
imamdin_rabia19 May 2019
I liked the first two movies, both had a meaning behind all the action that takes place, this movie the plot is weak and the fight scenes way too long for the weak plot. Keanu still portrays his character as the Boogeyman really well, I enjoyed it but just felt it dragged on a bit much and the fight scene especially with Halle could have been cut down.
578 out of 792 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brainless
mgd_m7 July 2019
Hollow plot interspersed with the most boring fighting scenes ever. Dozens and dozens of inept villains, who are there just to be shoot. Gone are the fresh sequences of the first movie. Super-uninteresting main villain. Very poor climax. Twists, just for the sake of twists. It seems like there's nobody out there capable of writing a movie anymore.
429 out of 592 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A combination of bad action scenes.
jacobooghe10 July 2019
Apparently people only use one hand to fight and actually look like they are waiting until they are allowed to punch the main character. Super unrealistic when compared to the first two movies. Way too staged to be a good action film. Also, Hale Berry has a handgun with 67 bullets at some point...
270 out of 371 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's got its own action style!
ahmetkozan17 May 2019
This universe, created without any source material, had to develop and expand itself in every new film. The same fiction can not be made for each film. We don't know if Derek Kolstad had thought that John Wick would be this big when he first created it, but when we came to the third film it seems clear how the story deepened and became beautiful.

This film offers you all kinds of action. The film has a unique style of action. Any action you can think of is included in the third film. Moreover, exponentially! The enemies are increasingly jumping. As we saw in the trailer, there is even a horse escape scene. There's so much more to it. At this point, sometimes there can be a small illusion in the viewer. Only action-oriented films can be considered empty. We can say that John Wick 3 offers almost uninterrupted action for 2 hours and 10 minutes. But in doing so, it doesn't forget the story. You will learn new and very interesting details of John Wick and you will get new ideas about the functioning of the universe.

Stahelski has very impressive shots.The main venues preferred for the main fights were especially appreciated. The fact that the director's vision is so blended with Keanu Reeves and other actors is very effective on the traceability of the film. Stahelski deserves great praise.

The film also brings new characters. One of them is Sofia, played by Halle Berry. Obviously the audience will love Sofia. Halle Berry has done a great job. Mark Dacascos is one of our main villains; He portrayed the character Zero in the film.

Among the action films, it was both a strong story and an ambitious way of action. I think that the action-lovers will be pleasure separated from this film. 9/10
548 out of 775 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
1 dimensional boredom
casagrandicooper20 May 2019
This films is like watching someone else play a video game, and that someone has put in the immortality cheat. After 15-20 minutes, it's dull, repetitive and then ultimately stupid and lacking in any humanity.
414 out of 596 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bland & Repetitive
RavenEffect66620 May 2019
So this is the first review I've wrote. Anyway, I don't know where these people are coming from that call the movie exciting, non-stop, incredible, OMG, etc. To be clear, I loved the first John Wick. The second one to me was eh because it got really silly with the whole "high table" and medallions and basically everyone in the world is a contract killer, etc. John Wick 3 is basically the second one, only on PCP.

The entire 3rd film is literally like watching someone play a video game with god mode on. Nothing stops him. He gets stabbed in the neck, that's ok. Stitch it up, move on. People fire hundreds of rounds at him. It's ok, they all missed. He gets hit with two cars literally back to back. He just gets up. Hell, he gets shot point blank 5/6 times and falls out of a 4th or 5th story balcony, bounces off of everything and splats on the street, it's ok, he's still alive and just "angry" now. The entire movie is just and endless line of contract killers coming up to Wick and them fighting.

Don't get me wrong, I love action movies and like I said, I loved the first one. Without a good story though, it's just silly. After about 45/50 minutes, you literally start shaking your head because it just becomes really repetitive. A friend of mine asked me how the movie was afterward. It can be summed up as "everyone goes after Wick, everyone dies, the end." The movie is also left wide open for a sequel which just blew my mind. Just stop. The movie was the equivalent of someone who was playing GTA3 their first time, just running around and shooting and killing everything that moves.
545 out of 802 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
totally pointless
miberg13 June 2019
A pointless orgy of violence without any plot, any depth in characters anything at all besides nonstop killing.
262 out of 380 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring Dull and full of Stereotypes
janetwilkinson13 July 2019
Sadly the third John Wick film has deteriorated into a mindless, plotless, overly violent action scene that lasts for 2 hours. Zero plot, typical anti-male female characters, ridiculous levels of gore beyond what is needed. It's a clear indication that either the population is getting dumber that we have so many 10/10 reviews for this movie, or people are being paid to post positive reviews.

Either way I do not recommend this movie if you have an IQ of over 50 as you will just get bored and walk out like a lot of people did when I watched it.
227 out of 329 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pay for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge
kieltaylor2115 May 2019
This is was the greatest viewing experience of a film I have had in a cinema since Jurassic Park came out in 1993. With amazing set designs, incredible character building, action sequences that are perfectly choreographed and three canine actors that are either too badass or too cute to handle. This is one of the, if not, most ambitious films with a flawless execution. A visual masterpiece that shows that Chad Stahelski as an action film director, is a force to be reckoned with.
652 out of 982 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Masterpiece & Brilliant Sequel
ymyuseda15 May 2019
Rating 10/10 I was able to catch an advanced screening of this movie on 13th of may 2019. One words i can say here is 'amazing' yes ... this movie so amazing !! One of the best action movie i ever seen. All the fighting scenes were choreographed wonderfully according to my opinion. Excellent acting performance by Keanu Reeves a.k.a John Wick. The guns shooting scenes were entirely cool. I would recommend this movie to any fans of action movie. You won't find a better movie of this type in the theatre right now and for the fans out there who appreciate this material, it will provide a memorable experience. Go see it you wont regret it.
720 out of 1,091 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bang, bang, bang, reload and more bang bang
mr_cumshot16 June 2019
After 30 minutes or so I thought it was a mistake and I was watching a new Rambo movie. That's what this "waste of time" AKA movie is. John wick kills more people than Rambo and also, no bullet can stop him. Either his enemies have terrible aim or he can dodge bullets like in the matrix (yes, I know his suit is bulletproof but his head is not). He even got the skills to take out 6 or 7 ninjas... damn, can somebody ever stop him?

To sum is up, all you're gonna see in this one is: shoot, shoot, kill, shoot, shoot, reload and some more shooting.

The last sequence when he falls is also pathetic. Turns out he's got wolverine healing powers now.

I'm not going to waste my time with the 4th one, that I can guarantee you.
43 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and repetitive
reg-851-73587627 May 2019
Maybe my review will not be relevant to everyone, as I crave more of a inner consistency in a movie, which completely lacked here. I mean, gruesomely kill several people in the packed New York subway and no one notices a thing? And bodies disappear when angle is switched. Come. On.

The whole movie had a huge "Ultraviolet" feeling. Just pile random characters on, and then slaughter most of them without much of a development or explanation how they fit in the plot. Rush somewhere, kill everyone in sight, cut to the next scene which is just the same as the last one. Over and over and over until the cliche "end" which was just an opening for the Chapter 4 movie.

I loved the first one, second one was a bit over the top, this one was just ridiculous top to bottom. The movie was actually interrupted because of some false alarm at the theatre five minutes before the end. If it was more than that we would not bother going back in to finish watching it.

The biggest joke of itself was the character Zero moment at the bench. It felt like cut out of Despicable Me. The only thing missing there was the Squid Launcher. And he is supposed to be THE toughest thug in the movie? Pull the other one, it has bells on.

Three stars for the Morocco fight scene, that was a beauty. But it did not save me and my wife exchanging "are you bored too?" glances half the time anyway, so no more than that.
261 out of 391 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Maybe I'm the only one who thought this movie was awful...
brendon-5876228 May 2019
Spoiler Alert...this movie is AWFUL.

I enjoyed the first two installments of the John Wick franchise, so was looking forward to this movie. I've walked out of three movies in my life, and this one was nearly number four had I not been there with my 19-year-old son who seemed to be enjoying it. To me it was nothing more than watching someone play a first person shooter video game.

There was NO story. There was NO character development. While the fight scenes were well done, they were too long, too frequent, and frankly they were BORING.

This movie was painfully boring.

Halle Berry was AWFUL. The dialogue was AWFUL.

I want my $16 and 2.5 hours back.
396 out of 602 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The magic is gone
soundoflight17 July 2019
The first John Wick film was special because it broke a mold of sorts. It went against certain action film conventions - the hero was not a muscle bound hulk like a Schwarzenegger or Stallone, the action was super fast paced, the plot was basic and straighforward, but introduced some unique elements, and there was something a bit unique and stylish about the film. John Wick was cool.

Then they made a sequel. And while the second film was more ridiculous, less believable, and not as good on any level, it was still John Wick, and still enjoyable.

But this third film is out of ideas and is simply rehashing the same things again for a payday (and hey, people seem to like it, so I can't fault them entirely). The magic is gone and it's just another over the top action film. In their attempt to mine more movies out of what was the barest of bare bones plots to start with, they have had to resort to ever increasing gratuitous violence and fight scene gimmicks. I'm no wilting rose, but even I was a bit unsettled by the casual nature of the violence in this film, which surely has one the highest body counts of any film in recent history. It was so over the top it became a bit cartoonish, like watching a video game. There was even the concept of John fighting a series of progressively more important and more difficult "bosses," just like a video game. John Wick 3 is watchable.... but barely.
81 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
John Wick is excommunicado and ...
brummieman12 July 2019
...totally over-rated. I enjoyed the first 10 mins and thought it was going to be good, but it quickly became the most irritating film I have seen this year and after just half hour it was hard to watch. In the first 10 mins the story is already set, he is pronounced excommunicado which means he has no access to any help or recourse , he is cut off and a huge bounty is placed on his head, from then on everyone, everywhere knows him and is after the bounty, every road he walks in and every door he walks through he finds about 50 people he needs to kill so it is literally and execution by the second repeated over and over and over and over, and after 1 hour of being irritated so much it was over for me, thankfully, I turned it off
88 out of 127 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please Stop
jhajj24 July 2019
Please stop making more movies in this franchise. There was too much action don't watch it. No story line, just action action action.
87 out of 127 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All the 1/10 reviews are true
pencil_drawings21 August 2019
This movie is really overrated, boring and has a very bad, ridiculous plot. It's full of pointless, senseless violence for the low-IQ masses to enjoy. The fight scenes are too often, too long and boring but then the scenes between the fights are even more dull. Someone said that watching this movie is like watching someone else playing a video game and I agree. It's like seeing some slacker on meth playing Fortnite. Keanu Reeves used to be a good actor but he's not anymore. I guess he doesn't mind because with such a huge base of fanboys boosting his ratings he doesn't have to try hard at all. Even if someone made a movie of K. Reeves sitting on a toilet for 2 hours they'd praise it, give 10/10 ratings and write 10/10 reviews. And I'm afraid that toilet movie would still be better than "John Wick: Chapter 3". 1/10
70 out of 102 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't believe the hype!
Medevi112 July 2019
There is no way this movie is 8 stars as it ranked currently! The movies story was lacking, and just smh bad. A lot of the stunts were slow, repetitive, and sloppy. Unbelievable and grandiose? Yea they got that in droves. What made the first two chapter so great was how clean, precise, and refined all the action was! Huge fail in chapter three. For example some of the hip tosses, and throws are just not possible to execute as seen with a gun in your hand! But that's not the worst of it. John Wick is a man! Not Superman! They just went to far, and took the realism that was beloved by all, and flushed it down the toilet. There has been much talk about the class system/hierarchy and how the assassins judicial system works. Well it doesn't make much more sense in this chapter either! The punishments don't fit the crime, and visa versa. The only reason this movie has a leg to stand on is because of a Hollywood budget! Strip away that veneer, and you're left with a mediocre B movie.
76 out of 112 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Story, there was none
borlasec14 June 2019
2 hours of senseless violence, a total waste of cinema space.

Unless you only want to see constant head shots and pathetic fight scenes, about this like the plague.
134 out of 206 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Are you kidding me?
turalizz4 June 2019
8/10? Are you effing kidding me? No story, nothing even resembling to a plot, 2 hours and 10 minutes of dull, boring action and exchange of some words that apparently were written to pass as dialogues between characters. Acting is beyond terrible including Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry. I very much like to know the demographic of those whom have rated this "movie" 9 or 10. Probably teenage guys who play video games 12 hours a day! First movie was good, second was terrible and this is a disaster. Cinematic disappointments year that is 2019 continues...
78 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very disappointing
gunstuhheart15 June 2019
I'm puzzled by the fact that there are so many positive reviews. I understand people like action, but 2 hours of the same fighting and shooting without even a hint of suspense is pretty ridiculous.
32 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just stupid and irational
calipsso25 May 2019
Great action scenes, ofcourse... If everyone is looking for you, why are you walking in the midle of the street? No real motives of the characters, no good story, just dumb.
129 out of 199 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How to make shooting boring
YourFilmWhore22 May 2019
I will start this off by saying that I did enjoy the first film and sure, the second movie wasn't for me, I get why people could enjoy it. But with this third installment? Firstly, this movie is about an hour and 50 minutes of action scenes in which yes, we get some admittedly good action scenes here and there, but quickly, it gets dull. Be it from watching the many assassins go after John Wick (who also gets about 6 lines the whole movie so yay.) in similar manner to the last film, to shootouts with Halle Berry and genital hungry dogs (its cool the first couple of times but seeing it back to back for nearly 10 minutes makes the sight lose any impact and luster) that last just far too long. Also, the action gets absurdly comical (not just with the dogs, but also with horses kicking people to death) and hey, that's cool in a Fast and Furious film because they know that they are big dumb action movies, but this film series was trying to be something smarter, something deeper, but evidently that is no longer the case especially if you pay attention to what little dialogue is here. This movie really wants to pretend that it is saying something profound, or the characters are doing anything that isn't obviously evil (Ian McShane is doing something duplicitous? Perish the thought!) but instead, it comes off like a 12 year old wrote this movie. Also, this world is beginning to make less and less sense the more the attempt to add to it, and the more they add to John Wick's backstory (hey, he's Belorussian! Does this matter? No.) it makes it feel like they are making things up as they go to try and justify having John Wick be Superman without the ability to fly. Look, I love action but by this point in the series, its hard to care about what is happening or feel like this movie isn't simply spinning its wheels in terms of actual story telling or meaningful action that can actual excite. I fully expect the next movie to have John Wick have a fistfight on top of a plane with three shark ninjas who stole his wife's body who is actually still alive and trying to destroy the world with a techno-organic computer virus. This movie is that stupid.
31 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh yeah
Kalirados15 May 2019
John Wick is excommunicado. Prepare for 2 hours of epicness

Parabellum is one continuing ride of top tier action sequences. The choreography is epic and creative. The movie is absolutely brutal. The pleasant surprise is that the movie is filled with genuine hilarious comedic moments.

Parabellum is easily the best one so far. Great surprise
393 out of 645 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.