Lore (TV Series 2017–2018) Poster

(2017–2018)

Season 1: 10 season 2: 4
sethgale-6021221 October 2018
The show is based off of a podcast that has many followers and fans. The creator of the podcast narrated season 1 which was a nice carryover that fans enjoyed. People seemed to complain and they took him out of season 2. While the second season is well made and the stories great, but the lack of the origanal narrator is disappointing. It's just a generic dramatization now. They kept the title only, it's not the same show.
54 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Where's the narration gone?
jackieannewilson22 October 2018
It's not as captivating without Mahnke's narration. Will not be finishing this season.
83 out of 89 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bring back the lore we fell in love with!!
jrbailey-5536524 October 2018
What happened to the narrative?If it ain't broke!!Loved season 1!I watched one episode of season 2, and that was the Hinterkaifeck murders and I watched that one because I'm intrigued by the case.Amazon!Bring back the Lore I fell in love with!!!
46 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing like season 1
vickeliz19 October 2018
What happend to narrator? Couldn't even get into watching going to try other episodes. I was so excited to watch season 2. I'm just bummed out that it's totally different! Please go back to season 1 format that was a whole lot more entertaining this just makes it like every other show...
47 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring history drama without narration
tracykalloway4 November 2018
Count me among those that find season 2 unwatchable without the narration.
39 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened to season two?
noelwilcox22 October 2018
We were really looking forward to season two because we love the podcast (we still love the podcast).

Everything that made Lore spectacular for the first season is gone, Aaron mahnke's great choice of music, Aaron narrating, the interesting animation, and historical pictures. All of this, and this is what made it great, is gone in the second season. So sad!

Please, for the third season, bring back what made it wonderful, all of what was in the first season will correct this.
53 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Where did lore go?
moralesjoshua-3039627 October 2018
What happened? Last year it was so good. Now it's this? The format last year was on point. Why ruin it? Aw well...must skip tv
28 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 2 Unwatchable
trashley221 November 2018
What happened to the narration? We miss it, that's what made it different and more than a plain old dramatization. Husband only made it halfway through one episode, and he refuses to watch the rest. I committed to 2 episodes but just NOT feeling it. Production value has gone way up, but at what expense? We loved the narration, the history, the animation and the music choices, all which now appear to be gone. Please bring back what fans loved!
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 2 format is losing me
lrweaver6724 October 2018
I loved Season 1, despite the narration, which I found to be in stark contrast to the tone of the heart of the show. When I moved on to Season 2, I am finding it was an important part! It is now sorely lacking due to the lack of narration and important lead-in and backstory, but I am most disappointed in the abundance of very poor accent imitations by characters, poorer acting, and overacting. I know I'm in the minority wanting the narration back, but now to me it's like watching a poorly made late-night movie with no name actors. I'm truly saddened by the changes.
28 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its ruined
xtopheles-124 October 2018
Season 1 was so interesting but season 2 lost the documentary part which I made this show so captivating and creepyI stop watching after second episode just bad acting they should had keep it like season 1 I miss the narrator
20 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing S2 changes
anavrinkslaz14 November 2018
I didn't love his narration but to me it is necessary in something like this. The removal of it is a bad choice. I wasn't bored at all in the entirety of S1 but halfway through the first episode of S2 and it's just not interesting. This show should be documentary-like, not just short films. If this is the way they want to do the show, that's fine, but I'm not going to keep watching.
15 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Prefer the 1st season
karenm-8696022 October 2018
I really loved the first season the way it was made was different to usual programmes on TV or streaming. I couldn't wait for the second season. When I watched it, it was like a completely different programme I did watch it all very quickly as I did season one, however I prefer the original format it gives much more back story. Highlight of season two was Elizabeth Bathory it was really well portrayed and is a really creepy story I enjoyed this episode more than all the others on season two. Would love to see another season with a mix of the two formats maybe.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting Show
asclepias4515 October 2017
Like others have stated, the series was not what I expected, but it was enjoyable none the less. Prior to watching the first episode, I expected a complete tale without the frequent narration contained in each episode. But it was an interesting mix of re-enactments and narration of the historical context behind each episode.

My only advice to the producers of the show would be to confine the narration to the beginning and end of the show, because the frequent narration throughout each episode kills any build up of suspense during the re-enactment portions of the show.
36 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 2 is not Lore
tjbellant21 October 2018
I absolutely loved season 1, one of my favorite podcasts brought to life. Season 2 is a completely different show, if I wanted to see that i'd go watch American Horror Story or some other generic show. If the do a season 3 i'll revisit to see if they bring Aaron's narration back.
20 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 1 was great but season 2 is awful!
tacmedic27 October 2018
I was so excited to find that Lore was conning back to Amazon. I was expecting to hear great storytelling and narration that caused you to pause and think. Season two brought forth crap re-enactments that caused me to stop watching after the 3rd episode. I had no idea what any of the episodes were about so you have to watch closely but even then they still suck. Such a disappointment and waste of time. Amazon, you totally messed up with season 2. I'm literally watching season 1 over again as I write this.
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lore season 1 is awesome, season 2, not so much
elfslair21 October 2018
Lore's first season was fun and interesting and unique. But season 2 is boring and hard to watch. Maybe if there wasn't a first season to compare it to you wouldn't notice. But knowing what it was and what it's become, the second season is very disappointing.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Return viewer from season 1
fealrflr19 October 2018
I loved season one and so far season two has not disappointed. I enjoy the long "O" moments. Like "Oooo that's where that story came from" or "Oooo that's why people say that" etc etc. The familiar and unfamiliar actors alike are top rate. The eerie settings and background music definitely set the mood. I miss Aaron's narrative. But there's no problem following along without him. All in all I was a fan of season one and I am a fan of season two. I enjoy being entertained and enlightened all in one well made, fun show.
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved the first season. The second...well not so much
mahmeux24 October 2018
Recently re-watched "Un-boxed" from the first season. Still my favorite. Creepy story about Robert the doll woven through the story of the Island of the Dolls, a very strange Russian doll collector and even touched on Reborns. Fascinating So far in Season 2, I fell asleep during Burke and Hare (master grave robbers/salesmen.) Even Pinhead himself, Doug Bradley, couldn't keep me awake. I got bored with Elizabeth Bathory even though I know her chilling story...I wasn't chilled. No more Lore for me
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Change is not always good
edisontoons21 October 2018
I loved the first season because the show felt like a half documentary and the narration made it different than other shows. It taught you something and it was very interesting and appealing.

Season 2 is a huge disappointment. Without the narrator it is just horror short stories and I think the essence of the show was lost. I don't understand why Amazon decided to change the way it was done. If there will be a season 3, Amazon should consider keeping the same format as season 1.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 2
cynthiacastrejonf3 November 2018
What happened? Aaron Mahnke is amazing and I listen to all his podcasts. The first season and the second are so different I was very disappointed.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad narration, confusing reenactments, and some good content.
WisdomsHammer16 October 2017
First off, the narrator sounds like he is doing a bad William Shatner impersonation. It didn't bother me at first, but there's a LOT of narration in the show and the way he speaks really started to take away rather than add to the show. The voice in general doesn't seem to complement the content.

I really wanted to like this show, as this kind of subject material has always interested me, but I think the way they try to mix entertainment and information doesn't quite work.

The facts are presented as such and are informative and interesting for the most part, kind of like the old "In Search of" shows.

The dramatic segments that are acted out are supposed to be based on true events, but I think they go a little overboard in an attempt to entertain. For employing such well known actors, they weren't very enjoyable. Felt drawn out, unsuspenseful, and fell flat. Especially when interrupted by narration that abruptly switches gears.

I was especially interested in Unboxed, the story of Robert the Doll, but even I knew more about it than they presented in the 40 minutes of run time and I found the whole episode confusing and irritating without giving me anything new. I've seen better and shorter presentations about it on YouTube. This episode, while having its moments, was a lost opportunity to do something special.

In the series overall, I was really disappointed in something I had been looking forward to seeing.
47 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fascinating and compelling
highroadnonprofits20 October 2018
Most of us who are interested in the macabre, mysterious, or just historical, have heard these tales before but the way they are told here is compelling and intelligent, and beautifully produced. If you want to hear Aaron's narration, though, you'll have to tune in to the podcasts! All narration is absent from season 2. Some may consider that a plus, but I personally miss it.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The single most TERRIFYING thing is...
heyjoegfx14 October 2017
...the INEXCUSABLY bad narration. The WORST I've ever endured. Seriously. I watch a broad range of movies and documentaries from many countries and times - good and bad. I persist through them ALL. This one is making my skin crawl - NOT from the content, but from the terrifying fact that it HAD to have been watched by MANY people before it made it to the screen, and it STILL sounds like this.

I would have excused it with great joy if somewhere along the episode, they'd cut away to show a mechanically re-animated disembodied head reading the script while being shocked with 9-volt batteries.

I'd far prefer enjoying the relatively improved performance of a dramatic reading of "Mr. Popper's Penguins" by an illiterate 3rd grader who'd been dosed with morphine. Seriously. I'd order it from Audible today.

Sadly, I can't even comment on the content because the delivery is SO abysmal. I'm sure it is well researched, with dramatic and interesting stories, but I can't even absorb it. Maybe when marijuana becomes legal for recreational use in my state this will be charming. Not now.
58 out of 98 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice Surprise! Chilling and Informative
izabelly15 October 2017
I'm a big fan of the Walking Dead, and wasn't sure what to expect here. This is a nice mixture of documentary and cool horror stories. If you like deep horror and history, there is a lot to love here.

I recognized a lot of the actors, the biggest being Robert Patrick. However, his episode wasn't the scariest. The one about lobotomy completely freaked me out. Can you believe one of JFK's nieces got worked on by the crazy doctor? It amazes me what humanity is capable of. Great show.
19 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Show, no idea what other peoples issue is.
kierenhenfling20 October 2018
I love anything macabre and when it involves history and the facts behind fiction, I love it even more. I'm very impressed with the production quality of this show and had no idea it was a podcast first. I love the reenactments, as they breathe life into these historical events. I have no issue with the narrator, he sounds just like most documentary narrators. I don't know why so many people are complaining about him, they must not be listening or paying attention. 10/10 show, very enjoyable.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.