The Lion King (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for sequences of violence and peril, and some thematic elements|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- The main villain, Scar, is shown (fully onscreen) slashing open and devouring a gazelle, though no blood is shown.
- Lions fight together, and with other animals, using bites, throws and blows to the face.
- A lion's chin is seen to be bloody while feeding.
- As in the original, Scar is heard and eaten alive by a pack of hyenas, but this version is far more graphic, as the actions are entirely clear, everything is shown completely on-screen, Scar tries to fight back, and he's heard delivering a bloodcurdling painful scream.
- There is a several minute long violent animal-on-animal sequence where the lions and hyenas are fighting. Next to no blood is shown, other than blood on Scar's lips when eating a carcass.
- Rakiki hits some Hyneas with his stick during the fighting sequence at the end.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Cubs are chased by hyenas intent on killing them.
- Just like the original, Scar kills Mufasa by throwing him off a cliff. This is very intense and emotional.