The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019) Poster

Best Comedy & Family movie.
ymuyuseda13 August 2019
Angry Birds 2 will make you very happy. Amazing comedy for kids and adults. Great Story with didactic plot. Awesome direction. Comedy relieves stress and this movie will enchant you on my own responsibility.
180 out of 228 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie for all Angry Birds fans
jaylenej4 August 2019
After waiting 3 years for this, it was worth the wait. This movie has great new characters along with the original cast. This hilarious film is great for all ages and can't wait to see it again.
121 out of 164 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good movie
thesupernoob3 August 2019
Its good because most video game movies are quiet bad and most sequals are usually bad but this one is better than the original
125 out of 176 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super fun to watch
gollumofimdb8 August 2019
The movie contains funny moments all the time and the characters are enjoyable for all the family. It is by far more fun than other cartoon and kids movies released this year. You won't be disappointed! Forget about the game and take it as a fun movie to watch. Highly recommended!
71 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actually better than one would expect
MacArthur_Parker4 August 2019
It's 2019, mobile games have evolved and Angry Birds is apparently still a thing. As shocking as this might sound, the sequel to the critically divisive 2016 CGI adventure actually improves on the first.

Some time after the events of the first film, Pig King Leonard (Bill Hader) has waged war against the Angry Birds for the devastation of Piggy Island. However, when Piggy Island is hit with a massive ice ball, Leonard discovers a third island. This new location is overseen by Zeta (Leslie Jones), a vengeful eagle.

Now seeking a truce with the Birds, Leonard and the Pigs need their help in stopping Zeta's reign of terror. Red (Jason Sudeikis) is skeptical but agrees on the condition of once again playing hero.

Gathering the team together -- including hyperactive speedster Chuck (Josh Gad), ticking time bomb known as, well, Bomb (Danny McBride), Leonard's assistant Courtney (Awkwafina), and Pig inventor Garry (Sterling K. Brown) -- they realize that they're missing a brainiac, who emerges in the form of Silver (Rachel Bloom), Chuck's little sister, whose banter with Red has very obvious romantic tension.

In a subplot, hatchlings Zoe (Brooklynn Prince), Beatrice and Lily (Faith and Sunday Urban) accidentally lose track of Zoe's unhatched siblings, taking them on a journey of their own.

Of course, the last thing to expect from a movie based on such a game is, well, for it to be better than average. The Angry Birds Movie 2 is. It may come off in promotional material as silly and juvenile, which it is but couple that with a lot of parental bonuses and you got quite the entertaining 97 minutes. 4/5.
58 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than the first Movie
TheCartoonCritic4 August 2019
This movie is about how the pigs and birds team up to fight the enemy together. In my opinion the first angry birds movie was just ok while this movie was very good. The animation was much better than the first movie and looked amazing. It was also alot funnier than the first movie. I love the angry birds games but most video game movies are not that good, so i didn't think that this movie would be good so i was surprised.
61 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absurdly funny. Kids loved it.
madden-brad15 August 2019
I took my babies to Angry Birds 2 today and laughed to the point of tears MULTIPLE times. My daughter, who is 5 was laughing constantly as was the the rest of the theater. Even my 2 and half year old sat the whole time and was giggling. TAKE YOUR KIDS!
58 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
OH MY GOSH!!!!! (Referring to that silly bird that was always saying that... You sure know who I'm talking about, don't you?! 😅)
georgianick8 August 2019
After having just watched the movie, I can practically say:

That is, with no doubt... ONE OF THE BEST AND MOST HILARIOUS MOVIE SEQUELS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Plus, THE BEST VIDEOGAME MOVIE SEQUEL I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! I really can't describe how better this movie was than the first one and how interesting the plot was, as well as those SUPER enjoyable characters it included!!!

Oh, yeah, something else, I almost forgot to say is...

I FREAKIN SHIP RED × SILVER RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😁😁😁😍😍😍😘😘😘😊😊😊😊😉😉😉❤❤❤💖💖💖💗💗💗💕💕💕
51 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Much funnier than expected
Gordon-113 August 2019
This film tells the story of the birds and the pigs uniting to combat against a common enemy.

I have to say this film is way funnier than I expected. The characters are cute, the jokes are funny, and there is actually a sense of adventure and captivation as well. The film is a light-hearted, a great brain off watch.
43 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great fun
masonsaul7 August 2019
Despite a predictable plot The Angry Birds Movie 2 is great fun. Jason Sudeikis, Danny McBride, Josh Gad, Bill Hader and Sterling K. Brown all give great performances. The animation is really good, it's fast paced and consistently really funny. The soundtrack is also surprisingly great.
37 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I think SOME of the hate was unnecessary.
arishsankar6 August 2019
Funniest movie of the year! the elements and humour where 10 out of 10! it was an enjoyable movie. The dialogues are to funny animation is outstanding.
46 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice movie
sanchezrodrigomez9 August 2019
I watched the preview on the movie (here, in Spain) and it's a movie you can't lose the chance to watch. You will laught during the entire movie. I've been waiting the producers to release another one, and boy, it's worth it.
42 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Movie Yet
adamyountz17 August 2019
Movie is hilarious great story really sweet it's a great movie the reason why it's so good is it's hilarious I really recommend the movie
40 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unnecessary feminism
SiddFa26 October 2019
Another cute story ruined by unnecessary feminism and sexuality. The male birds - heroes and center of the story for a long long time - were made to look idiots who were in need of a female leader who obviously was smart way way smart. What has happened to Hollywood? Why genderism in each movie?
37 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good movie
heefan1917 August 2019
So sweet so funny and I had laught a lot. If AB have the third movie I wish all the flock has more apear. Love it!
40 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly good
muamba_eats_toast9 August 2019
The first was ok but this was surprisingly good I found myself guiltily chuckling away to myself for large portions of the movie despite expecting it to be terrible. Well and truly fun for the whole family.
28 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't Be Angry With This Sequel
rgkarim14 August 2019
Sequels to animated films are seldom as good as the first movie. Many times the story was not needed, or the masterpiece is diluted for a gimmick that just doesn't work. Fortunately, there are some that have paved the way for the potential to add to the story, continuing the world we love, but at the same time making a movie stand on its own. Tonight, Sony Pictures continues to try the luck with their surprise success of Angry Birds and see if they can get another round of bills to line the pockets. And for reviewers like me, we are back in the trenches to see how it fairs and do our best to highlight the observations. So let's get in there and review once more as I take o:

Movie: Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019)

Director: Thurop Van Orman Writers: Peter Ackerman (screenplay by), Eyal Podell Stars: Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Leslie Jones

LIKES: Voice Acting Fun Funny Stories Intertwining Good Morals Cute Good Use of Characters Quick

DISLIKES: Predictable A Little too political at times Not Quite As Unique A Little Too simplified Trailers Ruined Much

SUMMARY:

Like the first film, the movie's cast really shines taking the pun filled writing, simplistic dialogue, and joke filled lines and making it work. Sudeikis as Red is still the sarcastic champion we loved, Josh Gad comes back in all his adorable energy and opera like singing, and Danny McBride is still the same loud, gruff voice that often fools people into thinking he is Seth Rogen. But the new gang to join adds their own spice to the feathery/leathery cast. Jones has got her usual energetic motions, Sterling K brown is posh and yet funny, and Awkwafina is the same carefree slacker that somehow works in a variety of settings. It's an awesome blend of talent that manages to add some dynamic flow to bring the characters to life. Past the acting, the story is along the same lines as the last one, a very fun, straightforward adventures with a few good moral lessons baked in to give it another layer. Taking two stories to try the break up the linearity, the movie should move enough to keep everyone's attentions, all while jamming in enough fun and laughter to have you rolling in the seats. Yes, like the first installment the film is all about captivating on the cuteness and jokes to get its gimmicks out and enjoyment. Yet, the smartest component for me, is that the movie manages to utilize most of its characters very well. Red and the squad still get adequate screen time despite how many characters they introduced. And the new characters still get used well, allowing for maximum merchandising.

In regards to some areas of improvements for me, well it starts with the predictability of the film. The movie suffers from the simplicity they strived for, not doing well with pushing the boundaries of unique or creativity. Sure, the app to movie transition gets propped, but unlike the Disney and DreamWorks group, they have not quite adapted well in the earth-shattering stories or worlds that the bigger studios dream up. Instead, the movie tries to push a few political boundaries, which is a noble challenge, but got a little too extreme for this reviewer as the various movements we hear about get their own skin in this movie. It still fits well, but it just wasn't necessary and I would have liked to see the energy transferred into the creativity mode instead. Yet, the biggest area that I did not enjoy was how much the trailers ruined the film for me. Many parts have been not only revealed, but smeared in your face with the multiple airings. While still funny, I think there could have been a lot of surprise and kick to it had it not been so advertised. As such, if you and your kids have seen most of the trailers, you have seen much of the movie as there is not quite as much runtime as I had expected.

The VERDICT:

The movie is a decent follow up to a movie that was surprisingly deep and fun. It still has the same colorful energy, fun atmosphere and voice acting that just capitalizes on the silliness to be had. The story, while layered, still is simple for most to follow and the characters are utilized beautifully for all fans to enjoy and get the most out of the characters in this world. Yet, Angry Birds Universe is still a shell of some of the worlds built in the animation land, and struggles to break the creative barrier and expand upon its world. It's a little too simple in terms of movie overall, and thanks to the trailer ruining much, the film holds little in coming to the theater outside of seeing the predictable ending. Still, it's a fun adventure to behold this weekend with your little tykes and smile wide at their delight in the film. Otherwise, hold out for the home release my friends.

My scores are: Animation/Adventure/Comedy: 8.0 Movie Overall: 6.5
23 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Movie needs to constantly put down Male characters just to make Female characters seem competent
mashuqur19907 December 2019
I don't remember much from the first movie but I do remember that Red, the main male character, was a rational character who always had a plan and was instrumental in the birds getting their eggs back. In this movie however, he is reduced to an incompetent buffoon just so his love interest and main female character, Silver can look good by comparison. Silver is easily the most unlikable character in the whole movie and is not even funny. She is also kind of a Mary Sue which makes her character incredibly boring. I would rate this a 2/10 but the other male characters like Bomb and Chuck made the movie at least bearable with their funny antics. I have nothing against strong female characters if they are written well and not shoe-horned in like in this movie.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good laugh for smaller children and adults alike, just silly fun all the way through
coombsstephen6 August 2019
I didn't have high expectations going into this movie but happily it turned out to be a lot better than expected, after about the first 15 minutes.

There are plenty of laughs for little ones and a lot aimed at adults as well but I am not sure about older children and teens. I enjoyed the silliness as well as the jokes as the slap stick worked well. It also rattles along at a good pace as well with little time for anyone to get bored.

The film doesn't pretend to be anything but what it is, harmless family fun. There are no moral overtones and it has the lightest of stories but that shouldn't deter anyone.
25 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny and easy to follow
zac_g129 August 2019
Even though it has an awkward added short that should have been used in between the first and this film. It is very much the same great voice acting and pausing humor. Josh Gad however is still trying to push his opera singing once again. The best part has to be the third act. There is a hilarious dance off just like the commercials. I enjoyed it and I guarantee the targeted audience will too.
24 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bird Brained
nick983811 October 2019
Ok, so my review would be biased, I'm a dad taking her daughter to the movie, and I will be totally honest, I really wasn't excited about watching it, however my daughter was, so off we went to see it. Halfway through my daughter wakes me up and says, Dad, I'm bored with this movie can I go home. Enough said if she even found it to be a waste of time.
34 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Only for kids
innis441 September 2019
Hated this movies. My kids thought it was hilarious. Obviously didn't have enough material for a full movie so they had to have a second cute yet dumb story with baby birds in the lead. Save your money. Let the kids watch it at home without you
21 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dont waste your time or money
andytrine22 September 2019
I hate when you go and see a sequel and its Director from the original is not present and we now have some one who clearly hasn't seen the first movie which was a blast!! Writing, well this is terrible , plot not original and characters are nothing like themselves. I loved laughing at scenes with my kids in the original as it was so cleaver in how it was written and delivered. In this sequel it is not funny at all and i actually fell asleep twice due to it being so boring! Clearly This director wanted to please stuck up parents and deliver a message , i hate to say it , we have enough of those already. Such a shame......
24 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste if time...
crescendo_129 October 2019
Apart from a few jokes that were actually funny & the animation which one should expect to be good anyway, the rest of the movie was actually really boring with unnecessary plot twists and illogical scenes... Anybody who says that this is better than the first one (which was a passable hit) are just stupid...

Also the man-slaying is very evident in this one... A real man doesn't get offended by it but it's annoying, unnecessary and wrong...
15 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actually Hilarious!!! For Adults and Kids!!!
justp057925 August 2019
Surprisingly laugh out loud funny and clever. Great 80's and 90's soundtrack as well.
22 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.