The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019) Poster

Best Comedy & Family movie.
ymuyuseda13 August 2019
Angry Birds 2 will make you very happy. Amazing comedy for kids and adults. Great Story with didactic plot. Awesome direction. Comedy relieves stress and this movie will enchant you on my own responsibility.
74 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie for all Angry Birds fans
jaylenej4 August 2019
After waiting 3 years for this, it was worth the wait. This movie has great new characters along with the original cast. This hilarious film is great for all ages and can't wait to see it again.
92 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good movie
thesupernoob3 August 2019
Its good because most video game movies are quiet bad and most sequals are usually bad but this one is better than the original
100 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good movie
heefan1917 August 2019
So sweet so funny and I had laught a lot. If AB have the third movie I wish all the flock has more apear. Love it!
29 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absurdly funny. Kids loved it.
madden-brad15 August 2019
I took my babies to Angry Birds 2 today and laughed to the point of tears MULTIPLE times. My daughter, who is 5 was laughing constantly as was the the rest of the theater. Even my 2 and half year old sat the whole time and was giggling. TAKE YOUR KIDS!
38 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Movie Yet
adamyountz17 August 2019
Movie is hilarious great story really sweet it's a great movie the reason why it's so good is it's hilarious I really recommend the movie
24 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super fun to watch
gollumofimdb8 August 2019
The movie contains funny moments all the time and the characters are enjoyable for all the family. It is by far more fun than other cartoon and kids movies released this year. You won't be disappointed! Forget about the game and take it as a fun movie to watch. Highly recommended!
53 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice movie
sanchezrodrigomez9 August 2019
I watched the preview on the movie (here, in Spain) and it's a movie you can't lose the chance to watch. You will laught during the entire movie. I've been waiting the producers to release another one, and boy, it's worth it.
38 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great fun
masonsaul7 August 2019
Despite a predictable plot The Angry Birds Movie 2 is great fun. Jason Sudeikis, Danny McBride, Josh Gad, Bill Hader and Sterling K. Brown give great performances. The animation is really good, it's fast paced and consistently really funny. The music is also surprisingly great.
27 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
OH MY GOSH!!!!! (Referring to that silly bird that was always saying that... You sure know who I'm talking about, don't you?! 😅)
georgianick8 August 2019
After having just watched the movie, I can practically say:

That is, with no doubt... ONE OF THE BEST AND MOST HILARIOUS MOVIE SEQUELS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Plus, THE BEST VIDEOGAME MOVIE SEQUEL I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! I really can't describe how better this movie was than the first one and how interesting the plot was, as well as those SUPER enjoyable characters it included!!!

Oh, yeah, something else, I almost forgot to say is...

I FREAKIN SHIP RED × SILVER RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😁😁😁😍😍😍😘😘😘😊😊😊😊😉😉😉❤❤❤💖💖💖💗💗💗💕💕💕
43 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun, entertaining and good story
ogutierrez-2258618 August 2019
Very fun movie to see with kids. Lots of great laughs and caught my attention throughout movie.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny and easy to follow
zac_g129 August 2019
Even though it has an awkward added short that should have been used in between the first and this film. It is very much the same great voice acting and pausing humor. Josh Gad however is still trying to push his opera singing once again. The best part has to be the third act. There is a hilarious dance off just like the commercials. I enjoyed it and I guarantee the targeted audience will too.
22 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than the first Movie
TheCartoonCritic4 August 2019
This movie is about how the pigs and birds team up to fight the enemy together. In my opinion the first angry birds movie was just ok while this movie was very good. The animation was much better than the first movie and looked amazing. It was also alot funnier than the first movie. I love the angry birds games but most video game movies are not that good, so i didn't think that this movie would be good so i was surprised.
50 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't Be Angry With This Sequel
rgkarim14 August 2019
Sequels to animated films are seldom as good as the first movie. Many times the story was not needed, or the masterpiece is diluted for a gimmick that just doesn't work. Fortunately, there are some that have paved the way for the potential to add to the story, continuing the world we love, but at the same time making a movie stand on its own. Tonight, Sony Pictures continues to try the luck with their surprise success of Angry Birds and see if they can get another round of bills to line the pockets. And for reviewers like me, we are back in the trenches to see how it fairs and do our best to highlight the observations. So let's get in there and review once more as I take o:

Movie: Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019)

Director: Thurop Van Orman Writers: Peter Ackerman (screenplay by), Eyal Podell Stars: Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Leslie Jones

LIKES: Voice Acting Fun Funny Stories Intertwining Good Morals Cute Good Use of Characters Quick

DISLIKES: Predictable A Little too political at times Not Quite As Unique A Little Too simplified Trailers Ruined Much

SUMMARY:

Like the first film, the movie's cast really shines taking the pun filled writing, simplistic dialogue, and joke filled lines and making it work. Sudeikis as Red is still the sarcastic champion we loved, Josh Gad comes back in all his adorable energy and opera like singing, and Danny McBride is still the same loud, gruff voice that often fools people into thinking he is Seth Rogen. But the new gang to join adds their own spice to the feathery/leathery cast. Jones has got her usual energetic motions, Sterling K brown is posh and yet funny, and Awkwafina is the same carefree slacker that somehow works in a variety of settings. It's an awesome blend of talent that manages to add some dynamic flow to bring the characters to life. Past the acting, the story is along the same lines as the last one, a very fun, straightforward adventures with a few good moral lessons baked in to give it another layer. Taking two stories to try the break up the linearity, the movie should move enough to keep everyone's attentions, all while jamming in enough fun and laughter to have you rolling in the seats. Yes, like the first installment the film is all about captivating on the cuteness and jokes to get its gimmicks out and enjoyment. Yet, the smartest component for me, is that the movie manages to utilize most of its characters very well. Red and the squad still get adequate screen time despite how many characters they introduced. And the new characters still get used well, allowing for maximum merchandising.

In regards to some areas of improvements for me, well it starts with the predictability of the film. The movie suffers from the simplicity they strived for, not doing well with pushing the boundaries of unique or creativity. Sure, the app to movie transition gets propped, but unlike the Disney and DreamWorks group, they have not quite adapted well in the earth-shattering stories or worlds that the bigger studios dream up. Instead, the movie tries to push a few political boundaries, which is a noble challenge, but got a little too extreme for this reviewer as the various movements we hear about get their own skin in this movie. It still fits well, but it just wasn't necessary and I would have liked to see the energy transferred into the creativity mode instead. Yet, the biggest area that I did not enjoy was how much the trailers ruined the film for me. Many parts have been not only revealed, but smeared in your face with the multiple airings. While still funny, I think there could have been a lot of surprise and kick to it had it not been so advertised. As such, if you and your kids have seen most of the trailers, you have seen much of the movie as there is not quite as much runtime as I had expected.

The VERDICT:

The movie is a decent follow up to a movie that was surprisingly deep and fun. It still has the same colorful energy, fun atmosphere and voice acting that just capitalizes on the silliness to be had. The story, while layered, still is simple for most to follow and the characters are utilized beautifully for all fans to enjoy and get the most out of the characters in this world. Yet, Angry Birds Universe is still a shell of some of the worlds built in the animation land, and struggles to break the creative barrier and expand upon its world. It's a little too simple in terms of movie overall, and thanks to the trailer ruining much, the film holds little in coming to the theater outside of seeing the predictable ending. Still, it's a fun adventure to behold this weekend with your little tykes and smile wide at their delight in the film. Otherwise, hold out for the home release my friends.

My scores are: Animation/Adventure/Comedy: 8.0 Movie Overall: 6.5
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actually better than one would expect
OneWithTheArt724 August 2019
It's 2019, mobile games have evolved and Angry Birds is apparently still a thing. As shocking as this might sound, the sequel to the critically divisive 2016 CGI adventure actually improves on the first.

Some time after the events of the first film, Pig King Leonard (Bill Hader) has waged war against the Angry Birds for the devastation of Piggy Island. However, when Piggy Island is hit with a massive ice ball, Leonard discovers a third island. This new location is overseen by Zeta (Leslie Jones), a vengeful eagle.

Now seeking a truce with the Birds, Leonard and the Pigs need their help in stopping Zeta's reign of terror. Red (Jason Sudeikis) is skeptical but agrees on the condition of once again playing hero.

Gathering the team together -- including hyperactive speedster Chuck (Josh Gad), ticking time bomb known as, well, Bomb (Danny McBride), Leonard's assistant Courtney (Awkwafina), and Pig inventor Garry (Sterling K. Brown) -- they realize that they're missing a brainiac, who emerges in the form of Silver (Rachel Bloom), Chuck's little sister, whose banter with Red has very obvious romantic tension.

In a subplot, hatchlings Zoe (Brooklynn Prince), Beatrice and Lily (Faith and Sunday Urban) accidentally lose track of Zoe's unhatched siblings, taking them on a journey of their own.

Of course, the last thing to expect from a movie based on such a game is, well, for it to be better than average. The Angry Birds Movie 2 is. It may come off in promotional material as silly and juvenile, which it is but couple that with a lot of parental bonuses and you got quite the entertaining 97 minutes. 4/5.
42 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I think SOME of the hate was unnecessary.
arishsankar6 August 2019
Funniest movie of the year! the elements and humour where 10 out of 10! it was an enjoyable movie. The dialogues are to funny animation is outstanding.
36 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious!
joao-vendetta17 August 2019
I was had a bad nigh, hardly any sleep, rough morning, drove the family to an early showing and LAUGHED HARD! The movie is hilarious. I was surprised that the firat one wasn't just a cash grav and actually had a story. This one has story, but the comedy shines. Hadn't laughed this much and hard in a long time.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly good
muamba_eats_toast9 August 2019
The first was ok but this was surprisingly good I found myself guiltily chuckling away to myself for large portions of the movie despite expecting it to be terrible. Well and truly fun for the whole family.
22 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better Than The First, A Okay And Funny Product Placement
Deadpool201612 August 2019
PROS:

Solid Voice Cast

Thurop Van Orman's Solid Directing

Good Animation

The Jokes Land More Than Miss

It's Better Than The First

CONS:

The Plot Is Cliched

It's Way To Fast

The Villains Plan Is Stupid
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious!
petrinordlund21 August 2019
I laughed from start all the way to the last scene. The movie delivers a constant stream of fun and laughter. The characters are great, nicely animated with tons of detail. Some of the scenes targeted for the adult viewers are just super hilarious. Go watch it, you won't regret it.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun movie for the whole family
juanpams18 August 2019
Basically my 7 and 4 year-olds dragged me into the theater, so I thought it'd be a great way of taking a quick nap. However, the movie sets the comedy tone right from the start, and by the first half I was fully invested, and laughing out loud along with them! A couple of scenes were really funny, the one-liners are remarkable and overall, we all had a great time. Conclusion- sure, it's a kids movie about video game characters, but everyone will have a great time.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Angry Bird with not Angry Theme.
syarwanhamid18 August 2019
Angry. I think is not the Theme for This Movie. But surprising, is good story, seamless, well made and backsound soundtrack really match the scene.

I can give 10/10 review, but turn out, a western culture make me think twice.
A successful first film
morganespion16 August 2019
An animated film that I look forward to seeing with my children
Much funnier than expected
Gordon-113 August 2019
This film tells the story of the birds and the pigs uniting to combat against a common enemy.

I have to say this film is way funnier than I expected. The characters are cute, the jokes are funny, and there is actually a sense of adventure and captivation as well. The film is a light-hearted, a great brain off watch.
28 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than the first
Anger2467 August 2019
The first movie was ok but not great. but this one was more improved by having the pigs and birds work together like in the trailer. the movie was pretty funny but its good. so lets all be positive and give this great ratings.
20 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.