Nina of the Woods (2020) Poster

Complete trash
Dogtagz7 January 2021
Not a sci fi. Not a thriller. The cast literally goes for a walk and talks in the woods. Zero plot. How do these garbage movies get made🤷‍♂️
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a waste of time that was.
shahmeer-075656 January 2021
I thought reviews were meant to be helpful... Saw 3 reviews really postive.... But after 2 minutes into the movie I just want to end everything... And I mean it.
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So freakin boring with zero payoff
toastapley6 January 2021
I tried to like this movie. At times it seems the film is leaning towards 1 genre only to lead in another direction and it never seemed to actually fulfill anything. Some of the events feel like they could have been used to make an impact but they just end up either underwhelming or not really followed through. I felt that mysteries behind a certain characters identity was fairly obvious early on and honestly unimportant because they lacked any eventful backstory. That alone made me not care what happened to the character, Nina, and I just didn't see any significant motivation for her in any part of the movie. As one of the other reviewers suggested, the 1st three reviews of 10 stars seem highly suspect and do not seem realistic. I'm not saying that nobody will enjoy this movie, as we al have different taste. I just don't see how even fans of this movie would find it worthy of the highest possible score, let alone the first 3 reviews. Maybe partially because of the current political climate, but deceptive review practice seems incredibly insulting to the viewers.
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The magic of nature
nogodnomasters21 January 2021
Nina (Megan Hensley ) is quiet and reserved. She wants to be an actress. She gets an offer from the reality program, "Truth Stalker" which films things like Bigfoot, but know it is all BS. Nina tells of us of the magical woods where she lived where her dad taught her forest magic. They are out to film Bigfoot.

This is a low budget production. I enjoyed it, but I can see how most people would not like it. It is not scary. There is not any action. It is slow paced drama. I thought the script was excellent and execution par for the course. I had flashbacks to "Yellow Brick Road" without folks going crazy.

Guide: F-word. No sex or nudity.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pulling teeth
MrTLDR30 January 2021
At the time of writing this review, the overall score is a solid 3 and I think that is a fair assessment. Its basically a story looking for an ending. A long road to nowheresville.

TLDR: Avoid. You can do better with your time.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad
seven-johnson6 January 2021
So, it does look like people have been trying to skew the reviews favourably...

Reminded me a little of the excellent Yellowbrickroad. Not as good, but I'd watch the next film by this director.

This is a slow and atmospheric film set in the US wilderness, it's not gory - if that's what you're looking for. Camera work is nice and the soundtrack is good(ish). The let down is some of the acting, the female lead was quite good, but not excellent and the male cast are average at best.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wierd & Captivating
vortexmanagement28 January 2021
This film will keep you watching for more. Many layers of meaning. Will definitely need to watch this again to see things ive missed first time round.

When you step towards the magic of nature - it comes closer

Impressive acting from all the cast. Megan Hensley has beautiful eyes, and holds a strong position throughout. Also Daniel Bielinski does well at playing a scumbag lol.

You can tell when you have a good film because you care about the characters.

Well done all.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Work of Art
gwhelleii30 December 2020
Nina of the Woods is a true work of art.

Prior to seeing this film, I was excited. Having watched Charlie Griak's debut, feature-length film The Center, I was aware of the type of setting, mood, and story that Griak likes to tell. I wasn't prepared for just how much he was ready to take his filmmaking to the next level.

Set in the backwoods in the middle of nowhere, the story follows a television crew on their way to see if there is any truth to a video they received that showcases unexplained phenomena in a mysterious woods. As the story progresses, we learn more about the woods as well as each person who struck out on the journey.

At its heart, this is a story about self-discovery and self-questioning. Each of the characters have moments where they can accept what they see and who they are or continue to pretend that the world is as they've always known it to be. These moments are brought to life through Griak's phenomenal writing and direction as well as the exceptional acting of the cast. Particular shout outs go to Megan Hensley as the titular Nina on her portrayal of a lost but hopeful actress on the road to discovery and Daniel Bielinski for his portrayal of the sarcastic/weathered Jeremy whose view of the world is challenged to its core,

Griak delivers an experience that leaves you with more questions than answers. Those questions, though, aren't as much about the film as they are the world we live in and the lives we've lived. As the credits rolled, I couldn't help but wonder how much of life I've missed because I didn't take the time to look for the mystery behind the mundane. I can't wait to see what Griak has to say in his next film!
6 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie, striking cinematography
kohsx30 December 2020
Great story and you get the sense you are there with them.
6 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Film!
patti-9391525 December 2020
Intriguing story, great actors, artfully directed and beautifully filmed - wonderful to watch!
5 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.