Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell (2018 Video)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 32 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for creature violence, gore, crude humor, and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Some flirting between characters.
- A man mentions a woman he's spoken to over the phone has a sexy voice. After handing off the phone to his father, he tells his father to ask if the woman is attractive.
- A woman is held by the legs by a Graboid tentacle while a man holds her by the arms, trying to pull her free. During the struggle, she refuses to remove her pants to escape and reveals the fact that she is not wearing underwear. Afterwards she further explains she does not regularly wear underwear because she finds it restrictive, even while she works and lives near the Arctic. The man listening to her reveals he's attracted to her more because of this fact.
- A man is asked to urinate from a tower onto the ground below as a noise distraction to the Graboids. His genitals are not shown. Only a large urine stream is shown at varying distances. Another man cracks a joke about building an arc from the "arcing" urine stream.
- An old man leaves a medical ward to fire a rifle at a Graboid's tentacles. As he returns to go back inside, the back of his hospital gown is so loosely fastened it reveals his back and buttocks.
- A father criticizes his son for his poor romantic skills with a woman he came to grow fond of during the course of the film. The son returns to the woman to properly give her a goodbye kiss. The kiss turns deeply passionate, causing the observing father to make an awkward expression. Afterwards he credits his son's attempt as an improvement.
- A man gloats over successfully electrifying a Graboid with an improvised underground electric fence. He uses the reference "I've done more with less" and gives a pelvic thrust while he gloats.
- A man gives a hysterical survivor a pep talk including a reference to having "balls of steel".
- A man begins to unzips his pants to urinate. He is spotted through the POV of a rifle scope. Before he fully unzips, the scene cuts away to the woman sniper who smirks and mentions to her female spotter "the boy's got game" implying she is impressed with the man's genitals.
- A man instructs two women to serve as a scout/sniper team. He lends one of his rifles to one of the women and advises her to hold on tight because the gun will "kick". Another man overhearing the instructions, asks if the warning referred to the gun would kick or that the woman's female partner may kick. In the background, the woman in question gives the second man a look, acknowledging the sexual innuendo.
- A man mentions visiting strip clubs.
- A woman comments about biomechanics being sexy. An old man hearing this, makes an awkward expression.
Violence & Gore
- Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell includes typical SyFy Channel movie violence and gore. The monsters of the Tremors franchise continue to be destroyed with bloody/slimy results. Human victims are killed with bloody results including some instances of losing varied body parts.
- Three victims in the opening minutes of the film are attacked by a Graboid. Later, human body parts are found bloody and frozen in the snow.
- An AssBlaster (flying monster) collides with a small airplane and is instantly diced in the rotor blades with orange bloody/slimy results.
- A medical technician describes victims found at a kill site including reference to half-eaten body parts found on site.
- Two men are attacked by an AssBlaster resulting in one man being carried off in the air by the monster. The other man trips and falls and bloodies his nose. After hiding under a tower, he sees a bloody head belonging to the first victim fall nearby.
- A woman collecting water samples is attacked by a submerged Graboid. She is only seen being dragged violently across the water until blood appears on the water's surface.
- A man infected with a Graboid virus shows early symptoms including blood behind his eye that is shown on a swab sample taken by a med-tech.
- A woman is attacked near a window by the tentacles of a Graboid. She is shortly pulled away and devoured by the waiting Graboid host.
- A man is attacked inside a vehicle by a Graboid. The vehicle is thrown in the air and breaks apart, exposing the man to the monster. He is devoured soon after.
- A Graboid attacks a metal trailer, causing a fire to break out. A man is seen running on fire from the trailer before being pulled back in by a Graboid tentacle.
- Two Graboids on separate occasions collide with an underground electrified perimeter fence causing explosions of blood and slime.
- After a team of people remove the carnivorous tentacles of a Graboid, another man armed with a large syringe enters the creature's mouth to extract a sample from its gland. During the process, the creature retches and covers the man in yellowish slime.
- A Graboid follows a man riding an ATV booby-trapped with a burning fuel tank. The creature erupts from the ground to soar through to air to devour the vehicle. After devouring the vehicle, the Graboid is seen exploding with considerable blood and slime.
- Mostly within the confines of PG-13 parameters including "ass", "shit", "damn", "bitch" and "bastard". Crude language mostly relates to anatomical references including "dickweed", "dick" and "balls" used on several occasions.
- An old man gives another old man "the bird" (middle finger) gesture as a parting insult after an argument.
- PG-13 - for creature violence/gore, crude humor, and some suggestive dialogue including language
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A son visits his father in a convenience store and takes a bottle from a cooler. His father reminds him to pay for the expensive drink before he leaves the store.
- A commercial pilot refers to smuggling illegal alcohol across prohibited territory. A federal agent later confronts the same pilot and orders his men to confiscate all alcoholic contraband found aboard the aircraft.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Fans of the Tremors franchise by now are familiar with the monster-on-human violence including the bloody Graboid explosions and human body parts seen after certain monster attacks. Most of the human deaths are considerably less intense than in earlier films.
Violence & Gore
- A captured Graboid is fed an explosive charge mounted on a remote control airplane drone. Once detonated, the Graboid explodes inside its holding block with blood and slime.