Welcome to Acapulco (2019) Poster

Pretty Funny
aok197915 March 2019
Now, clearly this movie is not Scott Pilgrim, or Deadpool, both of which this flick borrows from, BUT, I did think it was pretty entertaining and often hilarious. Yes, the narration, as another review noted, is a little over the top, to put it mindly, however I often found myself laughing, surprised, or even shocked by some of the one liners, stop downs, and silly, bordering on ridiculous, sight gags they threw in this thing. All the "big" names in the movie were clearly there just for the paycheck, but I really got a kick out of Matthew Kingsbaker. He definitely went for it, and I loved the romance/paranoia subplot between him and the leading lady. Look, it's no Midnight Run, but if you dig wacky, over the top, self deprecating humor in a movie that clearly isn't taking itself too seriously, check it out.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ditch the narration
gabaod213 March 2019
This film gets quite obnoxious with all the narration they do, with some over stylized editing. Id ditch all the narration parts and maybe this film would have some more potential.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Narration kills it
bt-3938117 March 2019
Maybe it's an ok movie but I'll never know due to the ridiculous narration.Stopped watching about 5 min into it. Skipped ahead 30-40min and more narration,stopped watching and closed the page.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it was fun!
lorisc-814-52976115 March 2019
So there's a guy who ends up in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Sort of a fish out of water plot, one you've seen a few times before. Lots of things go wrong since the protagonist lands in Acapulco, Mexico, and finds himself chased by all the bad dudes all the way from Mexico to Washington. There's endless action, lots of laughs and some gorgeous spots to look at. And the female lead is a true badass.

Had lots of fun watching this one. J.P.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyable
ionelradio12 March 2019
Nicely shot,lots of action and not the typical Hollywood hero.
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not funny, nor gripping
martinpuzik18 March 2019
What a boring movie. To be honest I didn't even watch it to the end. I couldn' t. A sheer waste of time...Yes, camera and style might receive some points, but whoever wrote the script and chose the actors should change his job. Can not recommend.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad, really bad, not the worst but right down at the bottom of the barrel.
jraychretien13 March 2019
If you are old enough to remember when you would rent a really low budget movie by accident but you paid $4.99 so why not watch it but you end up regretting that choice, this is that kind of movie. Some of it is shot well, the Mexican authorities look very professional and shot well. Many of the actors have been in other good films, you would think it was better. Unfortunately, Michael Kingsbaker performance is a hacky, ham-fisted approach to comedy. If the character had been played straighter and not "wacky", it may have been a much better film.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.