Loophole (2019) Poster

(2019)

Needing Netflix budget to be good
rodboltdigital9 January 2019
Good idea concept, lacks budget. If the same amount of money went into the actual movie as its above poster image it would be semi-decent. In major need of a Netflix reboot.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Woah...
BandSAboutMovies8 January 2019
Magine this: the gene for violence is discovered - turns out it's all based on the bloodline of Judas Iscariot - starting a worldwide crisis when governments force people to be tested to determine whether or not they'll commit a violent crime. College student Lexi Smith is in the middle of all of this, as science and religion becomes one thing, demons and angels start showing up and humanity prepares for the end of all things.

Produced and directed by Jenni Ivers, this movie kind of surprised me when it took a sudden religious turn, getting into the Nephilim and fallen angels. I wasn't put off by it, but had no idea that's what I was getting into.

Filmed near me in Morgantown, WV, it's all about two college students who find themselves battling the forces of Samyaza, a demon who comes to Earth every 17 years with the goal of destroying creation. There's also a flash forward to a future where religion doesn't exist and people dress like extras from an Italian post-apocalyptic movie. So there's that.

I actually loved the part of the movie where it becomes a history lesson of the Lost Books of the Bible and how the flood happened and demons on Earth. Probably most folks would be put off by so much exposition - it honestly grinds the film to a halt - but it was my favorite part of the entire thing.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful
jimcancook8 January 2019
I didn't last very long. I watched maybe 8 minutes of this; it seemed like I had been watching for 30 minutes or more. I don't know if high school drama clubs do videos, but if they do. I'm sure they would do a better job.

Run away.
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Low production value
nickbetting8 January 2019
So I was going into this knowing it wouldn't be the best movie ever, but still, the start of the movie was pretty okay. The acting was doable and I got interested in how the world got to the state it was in.

However then about 8 minutes in we get a scene with a teacher giving a lecture. I kept thinking "what is that I'm hearing?". Turns out that every time the teacher speaks you hear noise in the background. It starts and stops exactly when he talks. It seems like whoever made this movie thought it would be a good idea to just cut out the noise in between the words and not even try to actually remove the noise from the audio or just record the scene again.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is there a C movie category?
Quigonjay8 January 2019
Been a member for about 9 years I think, never seen a movie previous to this that was so bad I felt the need to write a review. The idea/concept was actually pretty good, the execution however was severely lacking. For me is was mainly the flat acting that made it so bad, made me cringe at points. Never managed to finish it due to this. I guess asking if there is a C movie category is a little harsh as there is at least some production value in it, camera work for instance and some of the art work in the history lesson part are not all that bad at all, but man the acting. Did I mention the acting?
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is so bad that - it is so bad?
dogankurban8 January 2019
The film starts with OK acting but then continues with very bad acting. Feels like the director started with high motivation and took many shots and pushed the actors at the beginning, then got bored (or understood it will not happen) and just got on with it. Script is not interesting, the actors are not acting at all and just reading some lines. Bad even for a low-budget movie.

Does not fall into the "it is so bad that it is good" category the film is pushing for; it is just a bad movie in the end.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't bother
dvandalen-337558 January 2019
20 Minutes in I had to quit. Lame acting, no passion. Doesn't flow.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting twist
steve-5566212 January 2019
Well written story line. Nice connections between past, present and future. Interesting take on combining biblical truth and fiction.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just skip it
snk20059 January 2019
Don't be conned by the 9+ reviews--this film is BAAAD!

Besides the low production value and so-so acting, I found myself questioning the entire basic premise. The gene for violence has been discovered and is based on the bloodline of Judas Iscariot. Except, violence was around PLENTY and long before Judas, and his crime was betrayal.

Now if we're talking the root of human-on-human violence, my bet would be Cain, cuz ya know, he committed the first murder by killing his brother.

That's just me though, I'm no biblical scholar :-/
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Religious tinge masquerading as a Sci-Fi movie
ekkotey9 January 2019
Everything about this movie was dumb. It's a religious tinged movie trying to masquerade with the logo as if its sci-fi. Its scifi for the bible thumpers. It really a complete waste of time.
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
sweet babby jebus!
oddjrgensen8 January 2019
If you liked God's not dead, and think Kirk Cameron is the best thing since sliced bread, this might be the movie for you. For any thinking person that appreciate production values, talented actors and a good plot, run! This is so bad it's not even good bad.
9 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cool Story!
indifilmfann8 January 2019
So I understand some of the reviews that the acting is bad, low production value and its low budget (duh its low budget haha) But I would highly suggest giving this film a chance! It has a really cool story line, and the middle with the animated sequence explaining the story and lost book of the bible (Note: this is all fiction which they explain at the end of the film and are not claiming it to be the true word of GOD) Is really cool and worth the watch, reminds me of part in Harry Potter and the deathly hallows! I will agree, the first 30 minutes (minus the opening sequence) are kinda rough, but once you get past that the story and acting get way better! if nothing else give it a shot for the story!
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I liked it! Netflix needs to remake it!
Huggins1239 January 2019
After reading some of these reviews, looks like people didn't finish the movie! Here is a thought if you don't finish the movie, don't write a review! Snk2005 (bro your review clearly shows you didn't finish the film as the violence gene is addressed as a guise to find one person!) Ok dumb people leaving dumb review rant over! Ok so clearly this film is ultra low budget, or maybe just got a bunch of new actors to do it for free. I understand that the acting was kind of well bad at points, and the director maybe this was her first time because their wasn't much direction at all, BUT THE STORY! Man I thought the story was really cool, different, original, and with the right budget this film could be amazing!! NETFLIX PLEASE pick this story up and reboot it! Also the CGI sequence in the middle of the film explaining the history is really cool, and well done! I also read the book! (which is way better then the film, endings are completely different!) I think Netflix or a bigger film company should pick up the rights to that and remake it! I'm giving this a 10 because the story and CGI was that good for what this film is!
7 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty Good for a Low budget film!
Scifyguy238 January 2019
I think this film is pretty darn good for what it is! A Low budget, possibly student film. It had a great story line, amazing score, and pretty amazing CGI for something I bet cost under 100k to make! It was really refreshing to see an original storyline and not a knock off or remake of an older film or concept! This is why I'm giving this film a 10! Great work guys, im sure your film making will continue to improve, cant wait to see whats next!
9 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BEWARE of user Reviews. It's an interesting film
callegirl19 January 2019
I liked it. So what if it was low budget. The story and acting made it believable. Give it a chance. Make up your own mind.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was very relative. Enjoyed the storyline.
ochavillo15 January 2019
The movie was very relative to what is most current in society and the association of the Return of Christ and Jesus's association of apocalypse. I did though, really appreciate that the movie was more realistic than most films. My connotations and associations of realistic is along the perspective that the acting wasn't so completely Cinematic and CGI (FAKE), but had some level of real human acting ability and conversation dynamic.

I know for certain that all movies in Hollywood are fake, but I do appreciate it when a film does include some level of real human and normal conversation dynamics.

The only draw back I had of the film was that I found myself dozing off because the film's storyline became so dragged on and irrelevant. But overall, the film was better than Aquaman. Hope that means something. If not, then get better employees to absorb and put movie responses into context and relevancy. Just my opinion, which honestly doesn't matter in Hollywood. Right?
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
surprisingly good
Jon198210 January 2019
I thought this film was pretty good, acting not that bad! A great unique story, and pretty good CGI for a low budget film. the first 20 or so minutes are a bit rushed and slow, but once you get past that part it really picks up with a great story. I would recommend giving this film a shot!
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
really bad...
lifelinespublishing9 January 2019
The storyline had some potential but the bad acting really really ticked me off...as evidenced in the trivia that it took only one month to film goes to show you that they never really got out the emotion from the actors.....

I guess having a third take or fourth or fifth will get out some "emotion" out of the actors....

scrap this off your list if you can, be warned!
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the greatest, but definitely realisticish
ochavillo17 January 2019
I watched this movie and I really enjoyed how relative the movie is to the modern day events that is associated with the return of Christ. It has been said, and it has been briefly alluded in the film, that the apocalypse would be the indication that Christ (Jesus) has returned. This movie shows the spiritual and metaphysical reality of what Theory that Christ may be up against in his journey to return to "Earth" to save the Human race.

I did find myself dozing off because the story line felt a little dry, because of the constant repetition of themes and scene dynamics that are commonly found in other movies. And also, the kinematics and the special FX that are used, have been overly used in multiple movies, to the extent where the movies scene mirrors other movies. I've noticed and was able to indicate that certain scenes had the same layout as films I've watch, Aquaman, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, Neighbors, Suits, etc. had the same scene layout, just different theme. Hollywood needs new FX and themes. that's my opinion of course. Which doesn't matter. RIGHT? Hollywood is the USA's Version of Global Propaganda?

I know what your industry does. Don't try to hurt me, because I'll hurt you. #Idon'tplaygames.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!
mavanushka-7936810 January 2019
I have watched so many sci-fi movies, never seen a movie previous to this that was so bad I felt the need to write a review. The idea/concept was actually pretty good. however never seen such bad directing and acting. Acting is so unreal, actors don't even express any feelings, its just bunch of words with fake expressions! camera angles could have been better too! too many closeups which enhance the bad acting even more. Don't even consider watching this movie!!!
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gene for Violence elimanated?
shagee797717 December 2018
"If this gene is in your DNA, you will commit a violent crime".

Writer/Director Jenni Ivers comes the sci-fi, action filled Loophole, premiering on VOD January 8, 2019 from High Octane Pictures.

A great discovery is made. Scientists discover the Gene for violence. They believe that wars, crimes and all type of violence can now be eliminated. A worldwide testing of this gene is set up with a simple blood test. All those who test + for the Gene is taken away! A normal college student Lexi Smith (Chloe Lukasiak) and her best friend Emma (Gabrielle Valladares)are tested. There results uncover something epic. Now all of a sudden they are thrust into a spiritual war against the devil! They are drugged, kidnapped and wisked away to safety by an angel (Deven Bromme)and placed in a safe house! Hot on there trail is Asael (Mark Shrader). Super bad guy serving the dark lord! Lexi finds out passing her next exam has become nothing to her new task. She is told she comes from a bloodline, a unique bloodline that will be responsible to save the world. Along the way to help,are a reporter (Jessica Shannon) and her geeky computer geek sidekick are in the mix to help save humanity from the apocalypse and all our battle between satan and god! These two had great chemistry and really pulled and explained a lot of what was going on. I thought I was going into another sci fi bore with a religious preachy theme. What I found was a really great intelligent movie. Packed with action and fun throughout. Jenni Ivers wrote a great script and then created a great movie. Excellently cast and great use of her locales. Really gave an indepth feel of the situation. The movie itself was just visually nice to watch and created a feel good cinematic experience. Good original-story, great actors and a well filmed movie. A note worthy mention for villain of the year is Davis Osborne who played Samyaza! Be sure to see this when released this January!

Starring:

Chloe Lukasiak, Jessica Shannon, Mark Shrader, Davis Osborne,Deven Bromme,Kera O'Bryon and Timothy E.Goodwin star in a Jenni Ivers film, out this January!
8 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another garbage movie
junkmail-harry-lee11 January 2019
It's totally waste of time watching junk like this.

The whole movie doesn't make sense to begin with. Highschool drama project would most likely be better than this. Extremely poor acting.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This isn't SCI-FI as advetised
brian-klug17 January 2019
The makers lied, selling the movie as "sci-fi" but it is a religious movie through & through. The acting is TERRIBLE. The characters are constantly praying and only the bible can save us from the devil, basically.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'd rather watch grass growing.
deloudelouvain15 January 2019
I have no words to describe how bad this movie is. Not only was the story very weak, but the acting was just exceptionally bad. I don't know how they managed to find only bad actors. It was very painful to watch. Those can't be real actors? They must have picked them from the streets promising them a warm meal or so. If they are real actors I can only advice them to stop it immediately, to go to the first McDonalds they see and ask them if they are hiring. I've been cringing during the entire movie trying to watch this abomination. The religious touch in the story matches perfectly though as religion is as stupid as this movie. The whole movie reeks like it's been done by some bad students in cinematography. I saw my share of stinkers and this one is definitely in my top twenty of absolute garbage.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Holy crap. literally
brynahaspiel15 January 2019
It started out like it was going to be ok even though the acting was really bad and, it feels cheap. As it goes on just kept getting worse. It's more of a religious movie then sci-fi. the animated scene looked like they spent 5$ on it lol. the part where they were running through the wood I couldn't stop laughing at how the guy was running.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.