Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
- Be the first to add a certification
Sex & Nudity
- In one scene a few people are swimming in a lake. One man is seen from behind, stripping naked and diving in.
Violence & Gore
- Not constant but quite brutal violence. A man stamps on the head of an opponent in a fight, a character is hit in the face with an arrow that pierces both cheeks, a captured foe is tortured by having fingers thrust into a stab wound, and by a firm of waterboarding. Effects are quite basic, particularly supposedly ulcerated leg wounds. Blood flies liberally in some scenes.
- Infrequent but strong. The word 'cunt' is used in combination with other words to form insults in a few scenes, repeated several times in one but this has a slightly comedic effect.
- Early Christianity is a theme, and there is some Frank discussion of the subject. If you find that more offensive than using cunt as an insult, approach with caution. 'White Christ' is used both as a reference to a person and as an exclamation of surprise, and there is discussion of brutality by missionaries.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some characters drink beer. One character is referred to as a drunkard. Not a major theme, however. One character mixes and drinks a herbal potion and enters a convulsive trance-like state. Another uses herbs to treat wounds.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- It is a horror film. Although mainly atmospheric, it has scenes that are intended to shock and horrify. No character emerges untainted from a harrowing tale. The undead characters are made more frightening by being viewed only in fast-edit scenes, glimpsed in half-light, or only partially seen. Some frightening scenes are in confined spaces and poor lighting. The overall atmosphere is oppressive and invites vague, undefined anxiety.
Violence & Gore
- The protagonists are looking for a missing missionary. One character has visions of dead people, then the missionary is found in a state of advanced decomposition. The remains of the 'bad guys' are found and burned.