Limerence (2017) Poster

(I) (2017)

Funny but uneven rom com
roger-99-17159912 July 2020
A funny look at modern relationship and trying out in a different city, this smart yet uneven rom com falls short on its expectations. Despite the charming and convincing actors, the artistry harmonious atmosphere and colorful visuals, it suffers from repetitive and conventional dialogue. The crowd of "spiritualists" experiencing mysterious intimate acts in the house the protagonist shares with a friend becomes more interesting than the romance she develops with a bon vivant. At least they are awkwardly funny. While trying to accomplish her professional goals in California, she deeply invests on a romantic adventure. Entertaining but too shy to fly higher.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
low budget .. hippie love movie..
afterdarkpak22 July 2020
Somehow kinda good movie, with some decent performance...

plot is also not that strong but its simple . a painter is new in town looking to start a new life ? . stays with hippie friends who are engaged in orgies or spiritual indian crap. then she found a place to work , and she bangs the owner and start to living with him because she doesnt have place .

then both starting have feeling to each other, until they both got serious and then tragedy hit them when her good friend told her that she was unfaithful n cheater in past (this point movie become stupid because it didnt mention that how was her past about cheating and why she was soo different or distant about loving the guy in start ).

but anyhow.. in the end.. its like happy ending..
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Miss This Movie!
suzesuzesuze3 April 2020
Finally, a romantic comedy that veers off the traditional path. Heartfelt performances by a superb cast. Be prepared to laugh but don't forget your tissues (and popcorn!).
1 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What we need right now
jwlevy11 April 2020
I saw this movie in theaters and it is kind, fun and uplifting - just what we need at this moment. Treat yo self to Limerence.
0 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent. Highly recommended!
bboucher-3189510 April 2020
I was hooked from beginning to end. A very funny, yet deep look into our relationships. What are you waiting for, watch it!
0 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Hidden Gem of a Movie
wesw479 April 2020
A sophisticated romantic comedy with surprising depth, this is everything I look for in a movie.
0 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.