"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." The Patriot (TV Episode 2017) Poster

(TV Series)

(2017)

Mace has a Secret!!
BatmanFunReviews201823 January 2017
Separated from their team, Coulson and Mack discover a shocking secret about Mace, leaving all of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a precarious position. Although the secret of Mace was pretty shocking and Holden Radcliffe continues his search in order to complete his research and there's some cool action here and there i found this episode lacking what made Episode 9 such a success but i'm not saying that it was bad it made Mace a much better character in my eyes but we shall see what their going to do with him but for the moment Season 4 is doing pretty well in my opinion and i hope it does continue like that and maybe who knows Ghost Rider might return as well (8/10)
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
characters out of character - still great.
Gucek30 January 2018
I noticed, that most of my reviews recently are just complains, so here all those concerns are more related to characters' human sides rather than poor writing - that's why the episode still gets high rating from me.

Random thoughts (some of that stuff was signaled in previous episodes):

Simmons being a great scientist, acting all stupid on possibility of exploration of one of the greatest achievements in AI in *controlled* and safe environment. Radcliffe creating another Aida with exactly same look - just to make her easier to discover and being caught(?). Aida not listening to prime directives / not having any? / not listening to orders? Radcliffe arguing with Aida instead of appreciating calm analysis of extremely advanced AI. Mace's twist was somehow expected (not exactly like this, but it was foretold before). Simmons scaring Zaikin with severed head - nice, but she would definitely need to use some action, too.. possibly more than PG-TV would allow. Aida's subtle reactions: masterpiece. Fake May having doubts - this one is absolutely perfect (Impostor (2001)). Also: copying almost entire "personality" of original May - very Dollhouse (2009)
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.