Sarah Q (2018) Poster

(2018)

Bar None
jfserolf12 November 2018
Bar none, one of the worst films I have ever seen in a film festival,probably in my life. There is no real artistic unity in this film. Everything in the film goes nowhere. And, while the acting is understandably poor, e.g. beginning actors, the script is so poorly written a viewer would have difficulty determining good actors in the film anyway.

I may use this film in my film classes to explain what NOT TO DO in writing and creating a film.
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beginning actors?
jgmovie-118 November 2018
Two Oscar nominees for Best Actor Sally Kirkland and Burt Young? Seven actors from one of the acknowledged greatest series in history, The Sopranos? Goodfellas and The Deuce veterans? Lead "beginning" actor wins Best Actress in a feature? Director launched career of Leguizamo, Leary, Braff, Peet. Mol Lillard, Pastore etc. And you're a film "teacher"? Yikes!
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is that legal?
nogodnomasters28 December 2020
Sarah Quintana (Emmy James) goes to NYC to study drama. While there she runs into the shady characters her grandparents warned her about.

The film reminded me of the song, "It Never Rains in California." Things don't go as planned for Sarah and she refuses to give up and go home. Not sure the point.

Guide: F-word. Implied sex/rape. No nudity.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad
rotini-5258624 January 2021
Bad just bad. If your working on a house project.....this would be good for background noise.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GREAT FILM!
Linda_Collins12 September 2019
I've had the pleasure of seeing Sarah Q at two Festivals. What a terrific film! It is both moving and humorous , and includes fantastic performances from an award winning cast and production team. I would definitely make a point to see it again and take in the brilliance shining brightly in this beautiful film.
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.