The "Most Anticipated Indian Movies and Shows" widget tracks the real-time popularity of relevant pages on IMDb, and displays those that are currently generating the highest number of pageviews on IMDb.
Each title is ranked according to its share of pageviews among the items displayed. Pageviews for each item are divided by the aggregate number of pageviews generated by the items displayed.
Badrinath Bansal from Jhansi and Vaidehi Trivedi from Kota belong to small towns but have diametrically opposite opinions on everything. This leads to a clash of ideologies, despite both of them recognizing the goodness in each other.
Many of the actresses did a comeback to Hindi films after a gap. See more »
During the second half, where Begum Jaan and others are seen learning how to shoot the rifles, if you look closely, the rifles are all without the rear sight, making any form of aiming impossible. See more »
Best movie in its class, built on solid foundation, and conveyed the desired message to audience
Really hard to find such movie now a days, which can portray subject so beautifully ..Movie have successfully and strongly passed message to its audience. Its one of the best movie because..
1) Unique story - during independence, where bureaucrats, politician, officers were busy in drawing the partition line, and public were busy in killing their own people in the name of religion. One brothel which somehow going through this line of partition stood up, and didn't allow to demolish it as long as they were alive..
2) True mirror of society - People who do Hindu, Muslim, upper cast,lower cast, temple, mosque, they do visit brothel.. and do not give a damn.. if a prostitute belongs to a specific religion or cast.. In India.. not many such brothels exists openly.. but type of people shown in movie still exists in same way and are in majority.
3 ) People playing social activist , have real face in background, looking for a chance.. to fetch a girl and sell outside... Police, bureaucrats & officers ..are regular visitor for gray market business.. but they enjoy as a free service... Same is happening now .. probably less in brothels..but for rest of the black business also.
4) These prostitutes , neither they were patriotic or religious, were staying in brothel as their own country.. with all freedom inside, and love and respect for each other, and great self esteem.. they died together to protect each other.. and to save their brothel... and outer world.. white color people.. fighting and killing each other for pity matters
5) Each actor have played their role best.. Vidya Balan was in her best.. many dialogues and scenes are mind blowing.. and will be remembered for long time..
6) I salute and thank its director, producers and actors and all involved for creating such great movies...of course it will not be liked by many.. who want to see their own ugly face in mirror..
9 of 12 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this