Come Away (2020) Poster

(2020)

Peter Pan meets Alice in Wonderland
parkmanjohn13 November 2020
I love fantasy and the two movies mentioned above. However this was slow, depressing, and the few fantasy parts in it were weird and annoying. It felt like they didn't know their target audience. It was not for kids, nor adults to enjoy. I can't see teens liking it either. This was just a melting pot of nonsense.
163 out of 189 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fairy Tale Mash Up
roberthollon-1352113 November 2020
I'm not all for remakes of movies, or intertwining them together. The thought of doing this was very creative, but it just lacked on screen. Maybe the screenwriter is to blame, not for sure. Wouldn't recommend.
120 out of 143 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your money
reemtolah15 November 2020
The whole movie was boring there is no concept in the film!! At the beginning it was a just a little fun like only 5 minutes. All the movie the kids were doing things that kids should not do like going out of the house alone, drinking alcohol,selling things that your father love without asking him, saying bad words about your father and a lot more. If i could choose zero for the review it will be better then 1!
81 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total dribble and confusing rubbish
tezraym-6569620 November 2020
Not related to any of the film's this is the worst rubbish I have ever experienced. Excited to see Angelina Jolie and that was about it the whole film belongs in the bin boring miserable tarnishing the originals don't even watch it will ruin your childhood
68 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Who was this movie made for?
kennyk0026 December 2020
It is not appropriate for children, and i don't see how teens or adults would enjoy this. It was depressing, disjointed and nonsensical. Random themes of Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland mashed together in an unenjoyable and dull manner. Has a child being smacked and drinking her mother's booze. This must have been the movie where afterwards Angelina Jolie said she will start choosing her roles more wisely. Michael Caine has a wasted appearance. A 5.9 rating? Should be closer to 2.9. Struggled to get through this one.
26 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
That was hot garbage
jcstrength18 November 2020
So... a 2 seems like a high score for this movie but I give them two points due to the good acting, design and special effects but who wrote this? There were several stories going on at once and they never come together and have some very odd themes throughout. Confusing, mindless, twisting story with no end or beginning. Do yourself a favor and clean the kitchen rather than watch this movie. It will be a more entertaining and productive use of time.
61 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't watch this (Even if you like Peter Pan and Alice)
jmelkins-1953513 December 2020
Me and my girlfriend were kind of excited when we saw the trailer for the first time. We thought we were in for a Neverland / Wonderland adventure. But we definitely didn't get that here. I won't spoil anything but the trailer lie to you.
32 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yet another forced diversity movie
jackdan-052739 December 2020
Of course, another diversity movie. Destined to fail. They spent more time on everything but script. It's boring. Watching it is like watching a hollywood actress adopting kids in Africa.
76 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
not suitable for kids!
ritakar13 November 2020
Waited and waited and waited for a silver lining but it kept getting worse and worse .

kids were horrified by it, gambling, drunk kids, debt, child death, amongst a whole lot more!

do not take your kids to it... we walked out so that they don't get even more scarred!
128 out of 164 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow!
daveym-649-44496214 November 2020
Read the basic info in this and it sounded great

Wow, couldn't have been more wrong. It gets 3 points for the lovely acting from the youngsters

The film itself is so slow and boring

It looked like it was about to get going with 15 minutes to go and my daughter said maybe this is just the first part.

Well no such luck. 5 minutes of "adventure " in the whole film I would say

Don't bother people!
80 out of 101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow and Boring
johnmars-6277120 November 2020
While the premise seems interesting on paper, the end product is not very good. It feels forced and aimless.
49 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another worst film! Full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Not recommended!
kwenchow27 November 2020
This film start with a mother "Alice" telling story to her children, and the introduction of a couple(Jack, and Rose) scene! As turnout, this film is about Alice telling her childhood story to her children! Entire film full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Such as, overuse of the imagination scene, overuse of the running scene, overuse of the calling names scene! Make the film unwatchable! Barely intense scene is, Peter imagine he cut off his uncle's hand, and eat by a crocodile! At the end, we found out, this film just a story of Alice's young self! That's it! Completely wasting time to watch!
45 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overwhelmingly long scenes
santanavrs28 December 2020
I was so excited about this movie and I was sure I'd love it but it just did not deliver, unfortunately. The scenes were very long, with the camera focusing on actors for an akwardly long time and not just a couple of times, which was strange. There were a few moments in which it seemed that it was going to get exciting and I just found myself waiting until the end. Many actors were just not as talented as the other actors and seemed to try too hard- Peter's grandfather was overly silly and the uncle's character was just off- Just did not seem natural or in sync with the great actors in this movie. Also, the storyline seemed to be a all over the place. I will say, Alice and Peter did a great job and the ending scence was a nice touch. Overall I think the biggest con for me was the very long takes. Much more exciting scenes could've have been added if certain scenes were shortened.
15 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rigid, uninspired and forced
sumtim3s00n14 November 2020
The moment you start departing from the authors original idea is the moment you begin losing that magic the original work had. Be it music, scenery or casting. If you are more concerned about being a commercial for United Colors of Benetton then the story will naturally take second place and even Angelina Jolie cannot save that. People like to go to the movies/watch movies to relax, put their minds at ease and enjoy, immerse themselves into that fantasy world. It doesnt work with this film, as its first goal is not sadly storytelling. The show or movies that are best and have that "it" and are immersive are those that are true to the vision of the author because all the little parts make the whole great. Once you start changing the little building blocks the whole castle becomes unstable. So no thank you, I do not like when politics intereferes with movie creation.
58 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The story doesn't go anywhere
Gordon-112 January 2021
Despite the stellar cast, the film is a mess. The story is confusing and doesn't go anywhere. I was honestly bored.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Extremely depressing film! Definitely not for kids!!
clhib3 January 2021
The trailer made this movie look so good and I was so excited to watch it. But it was terrible. The subjects in this movie were super heavy and depressing. It doesn't have Peter or Alice's adventures in it, just a few months worth of horrible things. Subjects include death, a child drinking, mother slapping her daughter, and mental/physical torture! DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE, especially not with kids!!
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oscar nod for Michael Caine and Derek Jacobi
gazgil14 December 2020
Stand out performances by those two. Only joking. Seriously, the only magical thing about this movie was how, or why, those two even appeared in it. They must have had a combined screen time of under 1 minute. They could have literally got anyone else to fill those roles. I didn't study the end credits carefully but it must have said Old white guy, Other old white guy.

As for the rest of the movie, it gets a resounding meh.

A diversified retelling of Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. Maybe trying to say too much? Not sure who the target demographic were. Not fun enough for kids. Not mature enough for adults. I fear we're only going to be seeing more of these PC retellings in the future.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow, weird and disappointing
dobstotev6 January 2021
Nothing of the fantasy I was expecting to see. It's boring, the story makes no sense it is very slow and nothing really happens. Huge disappointment and waste of acting talent for Angelina Jolie to be part of such a bad production.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Come Away
Jo_Blo_Movie_Critic13 November 2020
5/10 - creative mix of Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland lacks the punch it needs to fully explore the interesting juxtaposition of staying young forever and having to grow up
45 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alice meets Peter Pan in a fantasy story mash up that does not leave a satisfying film
cruise0120 December 2020
2 out of 5 stars.

Come Away is a fantasy drama film about a family struggling with debt. Peter (Jordan Nash) and his sister Alice (Keira Chansa) live in a fantasy world. Where they try to escape from there reality where there father is struggling with a debt.

The plot plays with the real world setting mixing it with a fantasy out come. As Alice sees a perspective in Alice in Wonderland. And Peter in a Peter Pan story. Where he meets a group of mysterious kids in the forest that try to play bandits in stealing from bad people.

The story is dull and depressing. The mash up is boring. The cast ensemble did a decent job. But the script did nothing to make the characters stick out. It is a boring depressing fantasy drama that does nothing to make it stand out as a film.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I really didn't understood this movie, but was decent(ish)
ZeroCoolRO26 November 2020
I'm pretty generous tonight, and I give a 4/10 but this movie is not that good. I watch it, but never understood it, something didn't clicked in me while watching it. I like fantasy movies but this one was not that good or interesting.
11 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The question is why.
sirquickie19 December 2020
It was very difficult for me to understand what I was looking at. The writer decided to kill three birds with one stone. I felt like I was watching the fate of Jack and Rose from the movie Titanic. Mixed tale of Alice and Peter Pan. The question is why.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A failed attempt.
faer_kr10 January 2021
A drama without adventures. It is about the antecedent story before being Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland. Nonsense in many situations. Quality. Parsimonious to the extreme. With a situation modeled on confusion. Although the approach is good, it stays with the attempt and ruins the classics of Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland. It is interesting that the protagonists are black. The few effects are quality. The era well recreated and good changing rooms. Good performances. A failed attempt.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Parents, please
hilary_mae-912-8056115 November 2020
Parents are whining because it's too serious for their 7 year olds. Stop it, just stop it. The film is PG, so it's not their fault you would take a 7 year old to a PG movie.
37 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My kids loved it
DNBWills16 November 2020
This was a great family film. My daughters loved it. Happy to see inclusion on the big screen with a diverse cast. David and Angelina are such great actors who deserve all the accolades. The children are also such good little actors with a bright future ahead!
24 out of 107 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.