Krampus Unleashed (2016) Poster

Horrible Horror
bubutler10 December 2016
Please don't waste your time on this one. Acting is sub par, filming angles are bad. This is just a low budget movie that should have never been made. But hey, you have to start somewhere right? I only hope the makers of this film learned some lessons and will not make another waste of time. The plot is not well written, so the story is hard to follow. The dialog seems forced and not well written. Some of the actors need to be given another chance while others should just go back to their day jobs. And why make another "Krampus" movie when one with a bigger budget was made the year before? This is just a bad move business wise. The special effects are special needs. I cannot stress to you that this movie is bad. I wasted $2.50 at a Red Box site and I wish I could get a refund.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was one of the most terrible movies I've ever seen
meshiasworld28 June 2017
I can't even begin to explain how awful this movie really is. There is nothing redeemable about this movie. The graphics were subpar, the writing was lazy and predictable, there was no time spent at all on building a decent plot line, the acting was cringe worthy (and that's putting it nicely)...I seriously could go on and on. Honestly, the director, producers, writers, and actors should never be allowed to be apart of a movie ever again. They put no thought in it at all. Their targeted audience was obviously drunks and rednecks who would enjoy watching a shiny penny. Krampus Unleashed did a terrible disservice to the horror genre and I regret wasting my time watching this mess.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Krampus Unflushed
dcarsonhagy16 January 2017
Where in the world do people get money to make AND get these pieces of caca released? Yet another lie about the legend of Krampus. This time he's guarding the booty of "the best German robber" ever. Once a summoning rock is found by five men who cannot get out of each other's way, it's Krampus time!

Flash forward (although those guys sure did look "modern") to present day, and we're having our family Christmas get-together in the middle of Arizona--where's there is no gas, no working toilets, and no working cell phones. Krampus is let loose again and we now get some really terrible effects.

Rated "R" for violence and language and a BABY KRAMPUS to make sure this wonderful piece of story telling doesn't die. AWFUL.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shouldn't have been unleashed
TheLittleSongbird31 July 2018
'Krampus Unleashed' drew me into seeing it, with a cool poster/cover, an intriguing if not particularly original premise and as someone with a general appreciation for horror. That it was low-budget, which from frequent personal experience is rarely a good sign due to that there are so many poor ones out there, made me though apprehensive as well as the low rating and poor reviews.

It is sadly however yet another film seen recently, hence some reiteration because the exact same strengths and flaws those films have are present here, that to me was incredibly disappointing considering its potential which it doesn't do anywhere near enough with. 'Krampus Unleashed' is terrible, with a plethora of enormous problems. Low budget Krampus films have not fared well and 'Krampus Unleashed' is one of the worst examples. There is next to nothing to recommend.

Lets start with the sole positive. The setting is sometimes atmospheric and spooky.

Unfortunately, it is not done justice by the rather direct to video schlocky way it's shot and edited and the drab colour palette, so much so it was hard to appreciate it, it was very clear that the film was made in a rush with no care or enthusiasm. In particular, the camera work was a nauseous assault on the eyes with its excessive amateurish-ness.

Going on further to the negatives, the story does feel paper thin, disjointed and over-stretched and some of it feels vague, under-explained in the last third where the film especially became duller, more predictable, more senseless and less scary. Too many characters are too sketchy and with nowhere near enough to make one want to endear to them. Their annoying and illogical decision making and behaviours frustrates.

Making the film feel bland and forgettable with not enough heart put into The sound quality is obvious and utilised cheaply (being too loud in the build ups and people's reactions and dreadfully recorded) and it's best not mentioning the uniformly lumbering and histrionic acting that shows a huge indifference to the situation and what is going on.

Dialogue can be stilted and rambling, with lots of clichés, lots of unintentional humour that makes some of the film play like a really bad spoof and no depth whatsoever, while the pace goes to a standstill very quickly and drags on forever with very little going on worth caring about and useless padding, never recovering. The minimal action wouldn't have mattered so much if the character development was present or engaging, instead not enough is learnt about the characters, the exposition is too heavily relied upon and is neither interesting or illuminating, actually dragging things down. Found too many of the supposedly shocking moments not surprising or scary and the supposedly creepy atmosphere dreary, due to the excessive obviousness, a lot of dumb and vague moments and explanations and the lack of tension and suspense. Would not have minded the lack of originality (the film is extremely derivative and in a dumbed and watered down way) if the story and atmosphere were at least alright in execution, in reality they were both very poorly done.

A lot of 'Krampus Unleashed' has underdeveloped plot elements and often nonsensical and confusing character motivations, while too many of the things to make you jump or shocked are far from creative or scary and are pretty tame. The ending didn't satisfy and felt anaemic and the whole thing felt like an over-stretched-to-beyond-breaking-point short film.

There is not enough threat, and what there is of it tends to be used poorly, is just as poorly designed and so laughably done it doesn't frighten at all. The film is completely unimaginative and more odd than creepy, completely failing to show any sense of horror or creativity. Everything here is neither creative, suspenseful or nail-biting. Some badly sagging momentum too. The direction is leaden and like their heart was not in it or ill at ease, with the chemistry between the characters and actors coming over as constantly random and aggressive with the subtlety of an axe. It's all very gratuitous and mean spirited and everything is neither creative or scary with a complete lack of suspense or sense of horror.

Overall, awful with no redeeming value apart from an element that is difficult to appreciate with it being complemented so badly. 1/10 Bethany Cox
Complete Garbage
dbfilmwork17 May 2018
I just came across this on Hulu. Enjoyed the Krampus film that was in theaters. This film has nothing to do with that film. Not only that, but this film is absolutely terrible. The script was absolutely terrible. The direction was absolutely terrible, Many of the performances were absolutely terrible. The editing and sound design is absolutely terrible. If you must, watch the first 10 minutes. The rest of the movie is just as bad as the first 10. It is literally the worst thing I have seen in a long time. I am an unpublished writer and watching this gives me hope. Because if something as bad as this can be made who knows. Sorry for those who worked on this movie. Sorry for my harsh words but if you don't realize that you are a terrible filmmaker then I guess ignore this and keep on doing what you love. Although I kind of wish you would find a less grotesque way of unleashing your creativity.
Worst movie I have ever seen in MY LIFE
biancalee-0037725 November 2017
I wish I could give this movie a -10/10, that's how crusty it was. I put this on thinking it was the new Krampus movie that played in theaters. No this was some low budget crap with people who could not act for their lives. The editing looked like it was done on IMovie, a ten-year old could have done a better job than this. PLEASE DO NOT WATCH YOU WILL PLAY YOURSELF! I am currently no longer in the holiday spirit, thanks Krampus UNLEASHED
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The weather outside is frightful
nogodnomasters10 September 2017
The film opens with a story about cursed treasure buried in Arizona. A group of idiotic, but entertaining, treasure seekers dig up a rock and activate the Krampus with a decent costume and Troma effects. We move to the present as two families (lesser versions of the Griswalds, but wish it had been more) are visiting their common grandparents in Arizona. One of the boys finds a stone and Krampus gets re-activated going on another Troma inspired spree.

Troy (Taylor Buckley) was an obnoxious teen who needed to die, yet they kept sparing the guy knowing how much I wanted him dead. The Krampus just killed indiscriminately. It was not related to Christmas or bad children. The acting was uneven and at times designed to be campy. I liked the guys looking for Bigfoot. The parent's acting was bad, but not nearly as bad as the grandparents reading lines. The sound had some minor uneven moments.

Guide: F-word. Implied sex. Nudity (Thank you Amelia Brantley for sharing)
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.