Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some rude and suggestive humor|
Sex & Nudity
- Some light suggestive dancing, like movement of the hips side to side, during the song "Macavity", toward the end of the film and only lasts a minute or two, which is sung by a cat with a flirtatious crush on Macavity. Nothing too bad as this is a rated PG family musical movie, which is quite good for young kids.
- During the song "Rum Tum Tugger", the suave Rum Tum Tugger flirts with some of the female cats while singing, which thus, he makes them faint.
- A character asks another character if he reckons that a character singing has been neutered because he can sing so high.
- Two cats, Mr. Mistofolees and Victoria, are seen nuzzling heads in a romantic way, though they do not kiss. It appears that one has a crush on the other.
- In one scene the fat cat, Jennyanydots, tries to scratch her thigh like a cat, but falls of the chair and finally scratches herself on the floor and moans after scratching.
- Continuous touching and provocative movement from the cats, noises and suggestive looks.
Violence & Gore
- Correct use of the word "hell" in a song (most of the song lyrics are all taken from old English modernism poetry). Line: Are you a alumnis of Heaven or Hell. Referring to the way a cat is good and evil.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A cat sprinkles catnip on a crowd of cats, making them stumble about as if drunk and/or high.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is an evil cat that may seem frightening to young children.
- The cat CGI may appear to be weird and uncanny to many viewers.
- The villain could be scary to younger viewers , but he occasionally makes jokes, lightening the tone
- Extremely creepy and scary atmosphere throughout. A sense of constant threat may easily affect younger viewers.
- Watched with a 2 year old, not scary at all.