We Love You, Sally Carmichael! (2017) Poster

Good kind of quirky
keystonedata5 August 2017
My wife and I were laughing out loud through the whole thing, and very few movies do that for both of us. The lead male and female are both incredibly good at being comically uncomfortable, and the quirky story line (contrived in a good way) with eccentric supporting characters gives them plenty of opportunity. It's set in Utah, and there are a couple of passing mentions of Mormon this or that, but in no way is it about being Mormon or poking fun at the culture. It's just a funny "what if a popular romance series were secretly written by a grumpy guy" yarn.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Feel Good Movie For The Whole Family!
jonathanblackham4 August 2017
A delightfully simple, but elegant comedy where a struggling writer and his wildly successful pen name are pitted against each other (or himself). The comedy is spot on and appropriate for all ages, with the plot and acting quite stellar on all counts. This movie is not only believable, but the take home message will resonate with audiences from all walks of life.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sweet movie!
kflandro5 August 2017
Funny, surprisingly fresh and charming movie about a writer, his alias and his phobias. Christopher Gorham is so talented as the star and director of this film. I took my two children (ages 9 and 11) with me to see it, and while it is not a children's movie, we all loved it. Do yourself a favor and enjoy this one.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great For All Ages!
detaileddesignllc8 August 2017
I LOVED this movie! I took my sisters, my daughter, my 81 year-old mother, my girlfriends and my 10 year-old granddaughter -- what movie can you do that?!? The story line was adorable; the jokes were clean and fun (and I wasn't embarrassed to have my mom & granddaughter there!); and we all laughed til our sides hurt! GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! It will be 2 hours well spent!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilariously Funny!
lancegamero19 August 2017
We laughed out loud many times in the movie! Well written. Well acted. Incredibly funny. It pokes fun at a lot of things but it's all in good taste and with class.

It's very family friendly and people of all ages can relate. We took our 6 year old and she liked it and laughed a lot as well.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A sweet romantic comedy
Gordon-1123 February 2018
This film tells the story of a man who appears to be a budding author, but in fact he has several best selling novels under a pseudonym.

It is refreshing to watch a romantic comedy with authors in it. The film is fun and light hearted. The inclusion of children and teens in the film make it different from other romantic comedies, giving it a fresh spin. I enjoyed it a lot.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie!
schaumannmik6 August 2017
I recently went to see this movie. I can honestly say that I have never laughed harder watching a movie. It was hilarious, well-acted, and extremely quotable. The lead actors were all excellent and the supporting actors were hysterical. If you have the chance, go see this movie.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Funniest Movie this Year!
Mewsigal12 August 2017
"We Love You Sally Carmichael" is a clever, funny, and clean comedy with a great parody aspect. I cried the whole movie from laughing so hard. I had no, or perhaps low expectations for this film, but did anticipate some light-hearted humor. What Gorham has done is a brilliant hybrid of "Utah humor" and Hollywood caliber casting, screenplay, music and directing.

What I love about this movie is it is a CLEAN comedy with excellent acting and a stellar screenplay. You can bring the whole family to this movie. It pokes fun at the Twilight series phenomena (in my humble opinion) and that makes it even better. I myself am a Twilight fan, but not one of those crazy fans--of which this film has plenty.

The movie is set and filmed in Utah and--coming from a homegrown Utahn--is perfectly authentic. All the way down to the radio co-hosts telling the news to the morning segment "Good Things Utah." If you're afraid you'll find religion in this movie, fear not, as there isn't any, other than the admittance of the protagonist author that he is a Mormon.

There are no words for how great, or how funny this film is. I can't wait to see it again and own it and enjoy it over and over again.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A wonderfully romantic and funny movie
reeseabel8 August 2017
A lot of positive messages came from this enjoyable movie. It was great to see an individual not caught up in the popularity frenzy nor tainted by attained wealth. Even though the story is made up, it can still yield an example of good things to emulate. Particularly touching was the fact that a family had lost a parent/spouse yet over time they were able to adjust to the loss and keep the dreams alive. The depiction of affluence and worldliness next to down-home goodness reminds us of what is better to seek for. The use of texting made for a wonderful use of technology of our day in the telling of the story. It was hilarious and left you with a good feeling. Don't stop bringing us these kinds of experiences. Hollywood's usual alternatives are not a match for good, wholesome cinema like this.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is one of my favorite movies! You Gotta Watch It
chloeisabel1 September 2017
I was in this wonderful movie as an extra. Meeting Christopher Gorham and Sebastian Roche was a dream come true and just to be at the premiere and see the complete movie was an even bigger dream. This movie is a cute, romantic, funny, emotional roller coaster and oh do i love roller coasters!!! #WeLoveYouSallyCarmichaelSuccess - i'd give this movie a 100/10 if i could! You must watch it!
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.