I Got Life! (2017) Poster

(I) (2017)

Vive Aurore
writers_reign9 April 2018
When ten people divide ten screenwriting credits between them it often results in a film that no one would want to see but Aurore aka I Got Life has a trick worth two of that in the shape of leading lady Agnes Jaoui - who also helped out on the screenplay - one of the most talented artists on the French cultural scene. Active in both stage and screen and a triple-threat (writer-director-actor) in the latter, a double-threat (writer-actor) in the former she can truly be described as a safe pair of hands. Jaoui could play Aurore, a woman approaching middle age sans partner, sans job, and grandmother-in-waiting, with one emotion behind her back and breathes new life into a hackneyed plot. Rather than go gently into the dark abyss of old age she uses a chance meeting with a long-gone first love to kick start a new life. Incredibly no one has seen fit to comment on this delightful movie here on imdb. Shame on you.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Clumsy in so many respects
bobbsaunders18 May 2018
This is a small movie, lazily made, without any noticeable art direction, lumpy script, jarring editing, no lead talent chemistry and very predictable outcome. This is the sort of movie you have to see so that you'll really appreciate the good ones.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A gem for women by women
fionacvioletta11 May 2019
This is an engaging, delightful light comedy for women about women, no wonder so many reviewers didn't like it - misogyny is so tedious - it's not about, nor for men. The only shame is that there aren't more films like this and that this curio, (as it is so rare for a film to have a menopausal woman as it's subject) hasn't been lauded by the PC lip service payers, as there is a genuine need for this type of film for women. At the same time, this comedy is light and sunny, a reassuring treat for every woman who faces 'the change' eventually. When it hit my mother, I mean hit, it can devastate, she said,'no-one told me it would be like this, one minute i'm beautiful & men won't leave me alone, next they want to run me over & am growing hair in places I didn't think possible. No-one tells you!' Humorous & charming & very enjoyable, this tale needs to be told & it's been told here well. Direction, acting, everything about this gem is extremely well done and the result is it feels fresh, filled with wry humour, enlivening and real. Those that have called it a bore etc probably don't like women that much either. Highly recommended to all women, it's about you and your life.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Warm, vivid stuff of life
redmondgarmony20 December 2018
Totally relatable story of the low key mid-life crisis of a 50 year old woman. So many lovely moments in it are gently humorous and any other woman going through a similar stage in life will probably find it reassuring. I did :)
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed
michricho2 May 2018
There are some very good performances, but I felt that the story lacked oomph.
2 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We left
warwick-506-6820429 June 2018
We left this cliched, shallow hapenless thing way too late - will never get that hour back. Sorry to the actors that did their best but even they couldn't breathe life into such a trite and fluffy screenplay
2 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.