Boku no Hero Academia (TV Series 2016– ) Poster

Best anime of 2016
ayotomijoledo28 March 2017
After exhausting all Naruto, one piece and bleach episodes, I was scrolling through similar anime when I stumbled on a 'certain my hero academia'

It sounded like another boring high school anime and the first 10 minutes of episode 1 did not look very convincing which prompted me to shut it off and keep searching for other shows. However, something kept gnawing away at my soul that wanted me to find out what happens next and 2 days later I continued to watch the first episode. By the time it ended episode 2 couldn't wait and subsequent episodes became too tantalizing I couldn't wait. This show starts slow but if you can just have a little patience and get to the 2nd or 3rd episode it just accelerates into a deluge of excitement.

Season 2 can't come early enough.
34 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
my hero academy is a masterpiece.
shamushkhufu18 November 2016
Well what can I say! This is one of the best anime series I have seen in many years. It is an absolute Masterpiece. The story is so simple and straight forward. It does take a time to build up the pace but saying that, this little beauty of an anime keeps you glued til the last episode and what a finale it is! I've watched this series at least 5 times more and I am eagerly waiting for season 2. Everyone was going crazy over "one punch man" but this anime blows it away easily. I've spoken to many anime fans and they have all said how excellent this show is. Believe me after you've watched it you will realize just what I'm taking about. I think the biggest tool this show has going for it is the soundtrack. How they the creators have used the music together with the story is sheer genius at work. This needs to be a long on going anime just like dragon ball z. 11/10 for sheer brilliance. My hero academy has the potential to be one of the greatest anime series ever.
37 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blown !!
AzaanSherani18 February 2018
I was looking for a decent anime one with a few episodes and one day on trending list I saw this. Fortunately, I started watching it and soon I was hooked. This show has it all; a brilliant storyline; awesome soundtrack and a pretty cool bunch of characters. When I first read about I didn't think it'll be that good as the storyline appeared to be a little childish but I was wrong. This show is nothing like what I thought it'd be. Some of the moments were pretty amazing the likes of which I only saw in some popular animes like Naruto, AOT. So I'll suggest that you should just give it a try you won't regret it.

CHEERS!!
16 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A hero animation that made me tears up
hilaryinotome22 May 2018
When I want to start talking about this show, the first thing came into my mind is tears. I teared up in this show so many times that I didn't even expected when I click the play button on Netflix.

This show has broken my image about emotions. In the past 23 years of my life, the movies or animation that made me tear up is usually about loss, death and sadness. But the Hero Academia is different. I teared up for the will of the characters who are paying tremendous effort for their dreams; I teared up for the heart-warming scenes; and for a few moments, I cried like a baby for the feel of overwhelming hope the show brought me.

We usually see overpowered protagonist saving screaming civilians in ordinary superhero movies. But things in Hero Academia are different. In the world of Hero Academia, 90% of human have super power and being hero is more like having a dream job instead of doing volunteer work. Surprisingly, it talks a lot about the core values of hero. And how the young students in Hero Academy struggle a way to reach their dreams, as well as fighting villain who targeted on young heroes. It made me understand that, no matter is it a success or a failure, learning from experience is part of life.

Take my favorite line in the show to end the review - "If you are designed to fight my 100% power, I'll force you to surrender from beyond that!"

I can't spoil the story as it will be much less fun to watch it.

The only thing I can say is, you will not regret watching My Hero Academia.
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superheroes Ain't Dead Yet, And Hero Academia Proves That To Us All
cmawer-6275218 October 2017
(I will be referring to the show as HeroAca because I'm a lazy sucker and can't be bothered to right Hero Academia).

I'm assuming anyone who's come here has seen the first season, so I'll be referring to events that already happened in season 1. If you haven't seen the first season yet, go watch it (and as a heads up, season 2 gets roughly 7.469x better and no I did not calculate that and yes I'm pulling numbers out of nowhere).

Story - 8/10 The thing is, HeroAca has almost two stories going on at the same time. The overarching story of "random weak nerd gets special power and becomes a hero" which, as far as things go, is pretty cliché. Not bad, but really cliché. And then we have the more intricate story - the story of the people Deku meets and how they affect him or vice verse, and then we see just how vulnerable and imperfect this society is, and not even superpowers can stop all the problems. The show is very good at not only building its own, new version of our world, but then going ahead and facing the problems and real-world issues it suffers.

Characters - 10/10 HeroAca has a pretty big cast of characters, one that only grows in season 2. Despite this, the creator of the HeroAca manga that HeroAca is based of, Kori Horikoshi, has done an excellent job of never sidelining any characters and making them helpful whenever the story allows it. Now, Season 2 doesn't have time to give everyone the spotlight, but it certainly does to a good chunk of the cast. And while not everyone is getting developed as such, they are becoming more and more lashed out as characters and obtaining their own stand out personalities. And the characters that do get developed... oh god, they develop them right. Obviously not all characters have gotten fleshed out yet, but as a manga reader I know they all will so I'm giving out the 10 rating.

Sound - 9/10 There are a lot of OSTs that are absolutely amazing and serve as brilliant accompaniment to whatever scene they're in. Most of the soundtrack can be listened to on their own, without the context of the show, and still be epic. However some of the songs don't have much variety, which does knock it down a few points. Then we have the voice actors - something I forgot to mention in my Made In Abyss review - and oh boy the voice actors are amazing. While I personally prefer sub, as I think Deku's VA expresses much more emotion, the dub is extremely solid and one of the best in a while. It's also very good at not changing really important lines which is always appreciated.

Art - 9/10 The art for this show is pretty goddamn awesome. It's a pretty new art style while still maintaining that "Japan" feel. The animation and visuals are normally very fluid and everything looks much more polished than before. The show has also drifted away from the "tell before you show" aspect that was present in the first season, with the fights allowing you to try and figure out the strategy in your head before directly explaining it to you. And while the art is nothing revolutionary it certainly deserves a 9.

Overall - 9.5/10 Here in the West, where every third film is a comic book film and a lot of superheroes are becoming over saturated or boring, HeroAca is a breath of fresh air. Not only does it perfect and put a twist on common Superhero/Shounen tropes, it also manages its wide cast very well and tells a story that turns out to be very intricate. While I admit some characters haven't gotten their turn in the spotlight yet and the repercussions of a certain few events haven't been fully explored, the show is worth a watch for anyone who wants to watch a well written shounen or a new take on the superhero genre. Or someone like me who just really wants to see superpowered teenagers punch each other silly.
23 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A must watch!
monraybelelie5 September 2017
I never thought I'd like any anime as much as Dragon Ball and Naruto. After growing tired of waiting 1 week for a new Dragon Ball super episode to be released, I decided to go on the hunt for any 'watchable' anime to pass the time. Thank God someone in the Youtube comment section recommended My Hero Academia. At first the story- line seemed out of place and slow, but as you watch more and more episodes you become aware as to why exactly that was the case. It's about heroes but not what you'd expect. Most of the population are born with a unique ability-cleverly named a 'quirk'. Unlike other superhero stories, however, you can only use your quirk within a certain threshold. Anything more, and you risk serious injury. This is brilliant, because it's so peculiar.

The last time an anime left me in awe was when Goku first went SSJ. This anime left me in awe throughout. The animation, the character development, the plot, the plot twists-everything. Whether you're a fan of One Punch, Naruto, or Dragon Ball, you have to watch this. Trust me, you want to.
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
plus ultra!!
aesluvsread29 December 2016
I came upon my hero academia on a whim. I had seen user ratings that said it was the bomb but he story seemed very generic and unrealistic, In truth it is the opposite. This show is defiantly in my top ten anime and even show list. You don't have to like anime to watch this show at all. From the first five minutes you can tell this show has a buzz about it that makes you want to binge until you drop. The main character Izuku Midoriya is an 8th grader and then freshmen in high school. This show picks apart a generic genre of superhero TV and makes it an emotional roller-coaster that shows that everyone is fighting to be a hero in their own way but not all people have the opportunity... sometimes you have to make it. I fell in love with every single character and the villain was so intriguing I had to read the manga (Japanese comic style story.) Plus usually I worry about the appropriateness of the shows I watch and I am proud to say the violence wasn't over the top for the situation and it was perfect for anyone else over 12 so you don't have to worry about gross profanity or stuff like that. This show is fantastic in so many ways and I urge you to watch it and keep in mind season two comes out April 2017. (I apologize for the super biased review!)
18 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Any fan of comics would enjoy this
pigointment8 August 2018
I dont care if your not into anime. If you enjoy watching marvel movies you're gonna love this show.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plus Ultra
jamesorobber1 September 2018
What an amazing show every season gets more intense and interesting this anime is the definition of what a western style hero and villian universe should be like I highly recommend watching it.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bloody love it mate
bips-317776 August 2018
It's great... go and watch it my freind trtgyyyyyyyygffg
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is what every shounen show should stride to be!!!
mercfma3 July 2016
Before this aired everyone was talking about how great it was going to be, myself just looking at the key artwork & character designs I thought this was going to be so stupid. It looks 100% childish trash, I could not comprehend what people were seeing in it. The ONLY reason I decided to watch episode 1 was because of the massive hype, I'm SOOO happy I did. The first episode starts slow, there's no question but thats because this show knows pacing perfectly. Its not rushing into it at all, its setting itself up right because its quality in every aspect. This is going to be the next "Naruto" but unlike "Naruto" as of right now they're doing it 100% right, they're not cutting corners with animation or reusing the same things just constantly. The story is perfection, not to slow nor to fast, every episode feels like only 5minutes have gone by, it'll have you holding your breath in suspense & your heart beating in excitement. The animation is amazing, it puts Naruto & Bleach to shame in nearly every way. The artwork is beautiful, the character designs although my first impression was how childish it appeared it's actually quite older audience aimed. The music is amazing, the op & ed match the show perfectly and all the music during the show is right on. If your a shounen fan or a fan of "Naruto", "Bleach", or "Hunter x Hunter" you NEED to watch this. Its going to be better than Naruto & Bleach by a long shot.

5/5 Why? I went in wanting, PLANING to hate it. Turned out to be one of the best shounen shows I've ever seen(in every aspect). The story is so simple and so suspenseful, keeps you on the edge of your seat practically from go to the very end. Animation & artwork are amazing. The music matches great. I love everything about it, can't wait for the next season. If your a shounen fan you HAVE to watch this.
24 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One for All
nickovalentinoo3 June 2017
first of all , its funny that people compare this with one punch man. OPM is a comedy series and of course no matter how you compare it , it wont click

this is a great shounen anime , especially someone who likes battle shounen like HxH , Naruto. you can feel the "zero to hero".

mangaka is a big fan of marvel/DC so you'll see they are marvel super-heroes like.

for the series, you will follow deku , a "quirkless" boy in a world of "super-power" to become the greatest hero ever.

the cast is a grand of troupe, story revolves at school, and you'll see your common type of schoolmates (the rival , the crybaby, the lovely hello kitty , the formal guy , the silent , the joker , the manly etc etc.) but as far as the series goes , there are depth on each cast , so you can call it troupe done right

can deku become the greatest hero ? find it out in this series
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely amazing
anujpathak-9436830 August 2018
Words cannot do justice, but it is a must watch! The story and characters are very relatable and the osts are awesome too. Complete pack
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Japanese X-Men
bswag-5327831 August 2018
If you like super heros, you will love this anime, the first few episodes start a bit slow, but it kicks into gear once they get to UA, it has quickly become one of my favorite anime and it's one you won't want to turn off, an absolute masterpiece in terms of story and group of characters. Not only is the action amazing, the characters are very enjoyable, with a wonderful balance of personality.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Anime for Superhero Fans and Anime Fans
skyfighter-7630910 July 2018
10/10 My Hero Academia is probably the best action anime I ever seen since Dragon Ball Z. It has the best character development compared to any Shonen Anime and has a great story with inspirational moments. As a fan of comic books and anime I must say this is a spectacle in recent anime's.

Plot/Summary: Izuku Midoriya lives in a society where Superheroes are iconic celebrities and great defenders of our society. Everyone can be born with Quirk's or without Quirk's. Sadly Izuku never had been born with a Quirk, making him Quirkless. Most of the people he has met in his life has special powers except him. Still determined to become a Superhero he meets his inspirational Hero All Might and trains to become the Superhero he wishes to be.

Animation: The animation in My Hero Academia is outstanding yet very toony. But the Action scenes are colorful, powerful, emotional, breathtaking and very satisfying. Watching these fight scenes will give you an energy of thrilling emotions. This show has the best fight scenes in any recent anime.

Character Development: Aside from action and animation. The Character Development in this show stays faithful to every episode. Each character has a purpose of being there own superhero. Izuku develops from his fear of other people into a brave yet intelligent superhero. Each character has a passion to becoming a superhero in order to try to make a living out of their careers.

10/10 My Hero Academia is the best anime since Dragon Ball Z, beautiful animation, amazing character development and stunning action sequences.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Two words: enjoyment & amazing!
Alan_H425 June 2016
I won't go in to detail explaining why this anime is incredible. After seeing 'one punch man' i wanted to find a new fresh anime to watch. I was very skeptical on finding one that has the same quality as One Punch man... BUT damn was i wrong.. After watching episode 12 of Boku no hero academia i was Mind Blown... Seriously i even watched it a second time just to experience that final moment!

The way they use the soundtrack in each scene shows how incredibly talented and passionate the creators are. This is what i call Anime! Freakin unbelievable how they managed to create a fresh anime with so much originality and epicness 'again'. People you have to understand that it takes a genius mind to be able to create something this good... episode 12 just proved that!

All i can say is that this anime has the potential to go PLUS ULTRA and beyond!

Watch it and you won't regret it!

9.5/10
21 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply Amazing
anthonyf-2256516 March 2018
If you like Naruto, definitely give this a watch. It is starting off amazing so far. It's easily turning into one of my favorite anime shows, if not, one of my favorite shows of all time. You don't wanna miss this!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Any marvel fan would be pleased
pigointment1 September 2018
If you like marvel and even if you dont like anime you would love this show
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I can not get enough!
lisa-honeyplease1 October 2018
I can not get enough of this anime, I want to watch it every day, all day long. It will be hard to wait for season 4.
My favorite anime.
vickierenaeellis28 September 2018
Honestly I love this show. I seen a bunch of youtube videos on it about 2 years ago and I started watching it, and it's amazing. It's full of loveable characters and action.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best, if not the best, anime of the 2010's.
CriticalOfEverything10 September 2018
My Hero Academia is currently one of the most popular anime right now and there is a very good reason for it, it's simply amazing. It completely flips the hero origin story trope on it's head and creates a show that is a massive breath of fresh air that is just as much fun as it is exciting. My Hero Academia's first season is solid and good and gives a good introduction to the show. Showing what the world is like, the likeable characters that you continue to root for and the excellent story that keeps on surprising me with nearly every episode. Every character is likeable and has a neat power (called ''quirks'' in the show) and you will always want them to succeed, especially Deku. The story continues to excite you with how tense it can get and how fun it can get and there are many emotional moments and moments that just leave you thinking, ''What the hell did I just watch?'' It can be very exhausting at times with some battles between characters being split up into different episodes, but they still pull it off well. Both English and Japanese versions are fantastic as well. Please watch this show if you haven't, you won't be disappointed. It may start off a little rocky with it's first two episodes, but everything after is superb.
The best!
arinamartin10 July 2018
Everything about it is amazing!! Izuku Medoria is the goat!!
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
SMAASSHHHHHH HIT - Boku no Hero Academia delivers.
krishnaprasadm26 December 2017
The best part of watching an anime is the feeling of overwhelming emotion and My Hero Academia has that in truck loads.

The animation is top notch, with every frame so meticulous, you can't even find a flaw. The music is even better. The original score is what makes this anime tick. It is so EPIC and brings so much out of the scene that you end up with tears. The story is actually fast paced and gets right down to the action. There is a scene in the second episode, at the end where All-Might tells Midoriya that he can become a hero too. That just got me hooked, it was so inspirational and AWEsome that i had to binge the whole anime in the next couple of days. Its that LEGENDARY. That feeling when All-Might does "DETEROITTT SMASSHHH", the moments when Deku surpasses the expectations of everyone, that feeling of hope.. This is what an anime should aspire to be. Boku no Hero Academia is LIT.

On a side note, watching this in Japanese with English subs is the best way to go, as the English dubbed version (even though excellently dubbed) does not do justice or it just doesn't feel as raw as the Original. That's just my opinion though.

Anyway, Anime fan or not, you can't miss this brawny, funny, EPIC, mind-blowing, witty piece of art.
awesome !
amishgupta-4231929 July 2017
This anime's simply awesome , i like it's concept , it's unique . The animation is really good , and the way they have presented their content is incredible , the music & audio , the characters , the story , the suspense , the animation , everything's just perfect .....

episode 15 of season 2 is fab ! .... i bet u can't dislike this anime... !

this anime goes beyond ... plus ultra.....
it only get better
ghostwolfbk29 March 2017
I have watch the anime completely an it very good but it only going get better.you see the reason that the show so good is become the follow the manga. PS (if you don't know about manga and anime you should know that manga is a Japanese comic book they take the book a turn it into a show know as an anime). so what i'm getting at is that if the keep with the quality and follow it like they a be doing they it will keep going get better. You see i'm all catch up with the manga at all 131 chapter and I promise that it get better. The Unforeseen Simulation Joint Arc is the weakest arc by far is it only up form there.