The Wine Show (TV Series 2016– ) Poster

(2016– )

How to get an interest in wines
bryanwishart15 May 2017
Ever episode of The Wine Show was a joy to watch. Such interesting characters, locations and "tips". And the wines!

As well as entertainment, this was educational.

Their home house was magnificent in itself as was the scenery.

The "actors" all seemed comfortable and natural. And the humour was quite dry.

Looking forward to series 2.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Drinking with mates show
wrbills14 January 2018
Season two is upon us and without sounding a complete muppet but the petit Syrah came out of the cupboard really quickly when we saw how completely trashed everyone, specifically James Purefoy was getting. Season one was great, knowledgeable without getting in your face but season 2 has started with a blast. Joe Is getting better and better, this is a guy marked for good things. All the Crew keep things rattling along and you learn stuff along the way. The Guardian review is suggesting that no one has come up with a way of making wine interesting for the ignorant. It's called getting smashed Sam Wollerston, no left handed bottles for you son. Clearly I disagree, great tv, well presented and Channel 5 are wise to invest in this.

Overall the show is very dry with a long finish.

The note on IMDB says it all. These people had fun making this show and it comes out in films. Great!
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Indulgent gorgeous escapism
rebeccaedwards-2443418 October 2018
Pour a glass, put your feet up and prepare to be inspired and have wine and gorgeous landscapes sweep over you. It beats yoga
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Informative and fun!
cntp19 October 2018
This show is, as Goodey says, "a bottle of giggles". The Matthews, and James Purefoy in season 2, have fantastic banter. Their sense of humor is contagious. The show is very informative, takes us to beautiful locations around the world and teaches us history in the process. I highly recommend it.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A funny and delicious show
ivethita18 October 2018
I love to watch this show. It has a lot of information about wine, people and food. I have learned so much. Both Mathews, not only my favorites actors are truly hilarious. They make you live their experience with them all the way. Love to see their faces reactions to wines. Joe Fattorini is a Gem!! Thank you so much. A great show for wine lovers. Waiting for season 3.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Light Relief All Need When Learning About Wine
raqueldobson19 October 2018
Just love this show - the relaxed manner between all involved, the banter, the humour, the journeys, the scenery, the wines, learning a lot & having so much fun enjoying the Matthew's friendship & celebrity guests, & Joe does a marvellous job keeping it all together & educating us about & entertaining us with world wines - keep up the seasons - looking firward to seeing more!
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love this show and I don't drink wine!!
susanmegs1 May 2020
What's not to like. The show is Informative,amusing,fun whilst surrounded by beauty. Matthew Goode and Matthew Rhys are brilliant and hit off each other so well. Amazing actors and very funny presenters. The experts make wine extremely interesting. It's also encouraged me to even try different wines myself to see whether there is a wine out there that I'll like.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyable!
michelleibalfour27 February 2019
Beautiful places I will never get to go to see brought to view with fun and intelligence. I find myself wanting to drink along with those in the show. Laugh out loud antics entertain while still learning, it's such a joy to watch. Stumbled onto this show because of Matthew Goode, then realized he and Matthew Rhys were in Death comes to Pemberley. Wonderful to see James Purefoy also. Have developed a new appreciation for wine!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun To Watch With One Recommendation
YabbaDabbaDabba31 October 2018
This is a fun show to watch and has a different and interesting take on fine wines from around the world. There is great scenery with knowledgeable and interesting guests. There is a lot for the average viewer to learn about; it is certainly broadening. I recommend it for anyone with a passing interest or a wine connoisseur because it is relaxing and enjoyable to watch.

But, Matthew Goode, a good British actor, needs to open his mouth when he speaks. He sounds like he has brace bands holding his mouth shut and it just won't open enough to get the words out. I hardly understand what he says, and I know he can speak properly because I have heard him. It drives me crazy. I suggest for him to be replaced as he really doesn't add any value anyway, mostly just adding nonsense. I would then rate the show an 8 or even 9.
1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cut the funny cuts
johnwinn6 March 2020
I found this series instructive but would have preferred more of the experts Joe Fattorini and Jancis Robinson and less of the two comedians Matthew Goode and James Purefoy especially the former
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.