60 Days In (TV Series 2016– ) Poster

(2016– )

Robert, the "Teacher"
The_Boxing_Cat21 December 2019
I would not want this guy anywhere near my children. He is a coward and a liar. He was the lowest of the lowest and became a problem. He should be evaluated for mental health issues.
40 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unique insight to the failures of 'correctional' jails
jeffnewman-638238 April 2019
The 'expirement' itself is quite interesting: placing volunteers into a local county jail.

The result is a candid view into why many jails are more corrosive than corrective in the USA. They even had one person unexpectedly report to court because of a clerical error (he had the same name of someone.)

I was surprised, but not shocked, at how lazy and terrible many of the 'correctional' officers were at their job. I don't think it's unique in this jail, but some of these officers simply suck at their jobs.

As for editing, they repeat many of the clips over and over again, that I had to wonder if I had already seen the episode. I counted a few clips being replayed across numerous episodes at least 10 times.

In all, an interesting perspective into the problems within the jails/justice system of the USA.
16 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You've seen similar, but nothing quite like this
Songwriter_9021019 March 2016
I didn't expect to be engrossed in this "fish out of water" reality series, but I am.

To start, it's not really like anything I've seen before, and if you've watched as much reality series as I have, that's saying something. It starts off with 7 people chosen to participate in an undercover operation of sorts, and the danger is real. One wonders why ordinary people (and some are exceedingly ordinary) would be chosen for an operation like this. You almost think it's not going to happen - then they're immersed into this American jail hell.

I'm not going to give very much away at all, and it's really easy to. I'll just say that is is totally worth one's time, especially if you like crime or incarceration shows. There's one person that stands out, and you get the feeling that he isn't going to last long. Will he be killed? Quite possibly. And it will have been his own fault. One should really follow jail house rules... or else.
22 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gets boring, fast.
CyborgBanana20 October 2019
Starts off entertaining enough, but quickly devolves into a snooze fest. I know it is very common with American TV, but the constant reminders of what is going on and reuse of the same scenes give me a headache.

It is way too long, too many episodes.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Repetitive
jackie-4702727 March 2016
The show has an interesting idea and it's nothing I've seen before, but I feel like if I have. It's just like every other reality TV show. Some of the participants do extremely well, but others do so badly you wonder how on Earth they've survived this long.

Each episode is about 40 minutes long and they only use what seems like 15 minutes of footage. Constantly jumping back in forth to the women's cell block to the men's, repeating everything that just happened over and over again. It's obvious A&E is just trying to stretch out as many episodes (money) as possible which ruined the show for me. Sorry they just lost a viewer.
50 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining...but fake as hell.
wrinklednine21 August 2019
If you want to find out what the inmates are up to, why would you bring in a fake documentary crew and put cameras in everyone's faces? If they want to know what's really going on, why can't they just watch their 8,000 cameras, including cameras in the cells? Why are these fake prisoners even needed? Ridiculous and fake.
20 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Compelling but too much repetiton
emailbenfree7 October 2019
An interesting program but should have been edited when the adverts were removed for Netflix.

You get a fully explained event then it is explained all over again a second later just after where the advert should have been.

Hard to stop watching though!
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The amount of repetition is ridiculous. Dragged on on.
pauldocherty-6270914 May 2020
You hear one bit of information. Your like ah that's interesting. Then shortly after it's repeated. Your like yeah you just told us. Then it's repeated again. I honestly thought I was going through the twilight zone. Could make for a good drinking game. Drink every time you hear that "Tami" is a police officer, my brothers in jail, I miss my husband, get out my room, ex marine. The idea is great. The footage was very slow poorly edited together and you lose interest so quickly with how often everything is repeated.

I've since been told this is how Americans watch programmes. Attention span of a gold fish.

The aftermath show. I can't even finish that. It's just going over everything again.

What should have been an interesting watch became slow, boring and most of all repetitive.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Edited for those with short-attention-span, or possibly brain damage
kenazrune25 March 2019
This would be a highly engaging and entertaining show if one third of its content wasn't rehash. As it stands, the repeated content is frustrating and aggravating. Between episodes 1 and 2 of the 5th Season, a clip is shown approximately eight times where one of the female inmates enters the commons area with the comment "She's cute, I'll take her." Right, I remember the clip from the first seven times it was shown. I suspect nepotism is factor with the excessive recycling of clips.
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beyond Fake
BedbugEddie16 November 2020
This is the phoniest "reality" show I have ever seen.

Just one question. If they have that many cameras, that can film everything the prisoners do, and microphones that pick up everything they say, why do they need "spies" to go in to the prison?
17 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tami is annoying
christysandersb3 June 2020
The show is ok. The police officer tami is soooooo annoying. She talks a big game but than starts crying all the time. Shes like a chihuahua
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
fake
PatrickkBateman29 January 2022
Definitely fake so extremely fake it's not even funny how fake this show is. But it's still an interesting show. Regardless of it being fake the fights are definitely real and very entertaining to watch.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reality television has never been this good!
roguecritic4213 May 2016
Come on people, REAL participants PRETENDING to be inmates, at risk of getting killed.

This is truly the best reality TV I have ever watched. I've never seen so many episodes filled with such dramatic tension, as we glued our eyes to the TV wondering what kind of shenanigans the inmates would be up to this week.

What else can I say? The producers and everyone involved in making this show did a superb job. The cameras and mics set up in an inmate population managed to capture all the drama perfectly for a TV audience.

The only thing I had against this show is that you should feel guilty watching it.

I mean these are real innocent participants who enter a prison and could be beaten or killed. I think there is something moral involved with not wanting to watch it for the sake of the safety of innocent people.

But once you get over that hurdle, it is a show of the best entertainment drama.

Update: After watching the finale, we learn what is in store for Season 2 and I already can't wait to start watching again. Best show ever. Thank you Sheriff Jamey Noel. If I ever meet you, it would be an honor to buy you a beer.
24 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Initial thoughts 4 episodes in, Season 1
desiraelily29 November 2019
I'm definitely going to quote some of the ridiculous statements they make, each episode respectively.

s p o i l e r a l e r t : Tami is a joke. Robert is a joke. Lunatics. Minus 1 star for Tami. Minus 1 star for Robert.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It accomplishes nothing
williamszachary521 July 2016
This show is truly despicable, as it does nothing but glorify a hateful "culture" and minimalizes the true horrors one faces in the system. It turns reality into shallow "gameshow", with no accountability. It claims to help the system by revealing the true nature of such an environment yet it is clear that no one involved is unaware of the cameras. To be objective and gain understanding what is observed must remain unaware of observation. A basic principal of science and morality. This show reinforces bad behavior and ultimately is the very representation of everything wrong with American society. If we ever hope to move forward in this world we must never allow shows like to survive; unscathed and without criticism. However I understand the nature of humanity is at the core stupid and repetitive there is little hope any change would be found, not even so far as to cancel this show. Which is the bare minimum that could be asked.
28 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
YOUR SCRIPTS ARE SHOWING!
bnewman-8193831 January 2020
If it's a series on TV/cable, it's scripted. In the case of this particular series, the stories are becoming too thin, predictable and obvious and the scripts are showing through. The mechanisms are breaking down, and have been for quite awhile. However, as a source of entertainment-and only as a source of entertainment-the show yet retains some value...probably around a 3/10 rating in its present state of health.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't believe how ENGROSSING this show is (like a real life movie!)
MrMcMurphy12 May 2016
(9/17/16 update for S2 below)

Engrossing, intense, REAL.

I just finished the 10th episode, and I'm already going through withdrawals.

It's doesn't get any more "real" than such regular, INNOCENT, people being LOCKED UP with convicted criminals, in a confined, OVERCROWDED, "Cell block."

I can't believe how well they put it together.

First, the "Cast." Yes, most of the volunteers are relatively "normal" (most ;-), but we get the full spectrum (includes a Marine, school teacher, COP, military wife, and even Muhammad Ali's daughter).

Next, you have top notch production and editing. We get VERY coherent stories, as if it was written. Our "characters" are so interesting and relatable, you'd think they are also written. Then, the perfect music (not overkill; they are careful to let the events do the talking - the music just subconsciously amplifies those events).

Lastly, reality. Very, very, real, reality. You feel like you're there. With the spectrum of "characters," you're going to relate to all of them at some point, in some way.

Some of them are really good. Some of them aren't.

From a psychology perspective alone, it's got to be groundbreaking (to my knowledge, we've never gotten this kind of insite into that world, through so many different perspectives). We get to see profound examples of alternate perspectives. It's amazing how the same thing is perceived at diametrically opposing ends of the spectrum, AND FROM PERFECTLY "NORMAL" PEOPLE. Everything is amplified tenfold in that environment, so you get to see OUR tendencies under a microscope. It really makes you think.

UPDATE (5/27/16): I've finished the season, and it only gets better as you get deeper and deeper, but they REALLY need to replace the guy that does the finale interview. He's a new anchor, and he's obnoxiously FAKE. He completely feigns emotion, and never actually levels with the guests or audience. It's awkward and insulting.

CBS made the EXACT same mistake having Bryant Gumbel host the finale interview for Survivor, but replaced him with the much more natural and REAL Jeff Probst.

CBS, please replace this guy with a NATURAL and REAL person.

UPDATE (9/17/16): I'm 5 episodes into S2, and I went into it thinking S1 was a fluke because the "characters" were so damn good, but I was wrong. They've found great subjects for this season as well, and, though I miss "The Operator" (Zac), I'm still VERY engrossed in the show, and look forward to every episode.
13 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good show, too much replay
sldobbins9 March 2018
I like this show, it shows an interesting perspective from the inside. But the complaints they have were not shown inside or shown on the footage.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ashleigh/Zac and Ryan.
RealisticCritic2 December 2020
I'm writing this simply to address a comment I saw. First off, the show is interesting even if some of the participants are frustratingly annoying.

Ryan definitely gets undeserved hate. Why? Because he's intelligent, literate, well spoken, and self confident? Please. People are jealous. Period. He's level headed, focused, and determined. So he's sure of himself. He doesn't do it in a cocky way or a brash, hateful way. It's direct and to the point.

On to the comment. Feels bad for Ashleigh and condemns Zac. Really? You're ignorant. She was instigating everything. He tried to get her mind off of things. He tried to have a conversation. He'd already been through it. She just wanted to be hateful because he wasn't babying her. Because she's an attention wh---.

I guarantee that's why she went on the show. She was jealous Zac got "famous" and got positive accolades. He got attention. She wanted some. It's painfully obvious. Then to devalue his experience in war and say her "ordeal" was worse?? F that. She's an idiot. And I can't believe, unless she ate some humble pie and begged for forgiveness, that he stuck with that self centered b word.

She berated him. She was nasty when he tried to have a simple, light hearted conversation. Obviously he tried more than they showed because at some point he mentioned emails. She didn't care. She even hated on him for trying to get a good job and career started for the family and doing a promotional thing (which was probably in his contract) for the show.

People who put Zac down and don't point out her selfish, hateful attitude are probably as bad as she is. Sit down.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's still reality tv... so it's fake
Zedyeti12 November 2020
I tried watching this on Netflix. It didn't take long to realize it's just another reality tv show and seems very scripted. Way overdone. If your into that typical cable tv reality tv show garbage than this is perfect for you..
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It could be great
pigsrings11 April 2021
The show is promising and interesting. In Fact I got through the first season by being patient. But a couple of episodes through the second I was SO f&$7ng sick of the repeats that I found myself doing other things. Then the sound effects! Oh god they were so loud that I couldn't hear what people were saying because the "dramatic" music was so loud.

I was very disappointed because I would have loved to have watched more but I could handle the repeated shots and loud dramatic music.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trutv is that you?
ponchoiram21 November 2020
Seems pretty fun, Fake? Yes in certain ways

It's entertaining tho But ok let's make this clear

Its a "undercover" show They are being recorded Cameras all over How's that going to work?

Idk

Very fake seems like those TruTV shows...
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Failure of leadership
yankee436 November 2016
Amazed that the two officers in charge still had their jobs if the conditions were really as bad as presented. There was nothing here that competent supervisors should not have been able to see without resorting to such a drastic move as endangering innocents which makes me believe the program was staged.

Afraid I found the program unbelievable. The only catch the program had was being able to look in a jail.

Dan Abrams is out of place as usual. I didn't understand why he was inserted midway through the show. He added nothing.

Guess I'm just left trying figure out why a government entity would allow this nonsense.
21 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great look inside County Jails.
zeusr175 January 2020
This is a very entertaining show, it has a great perspective of what life is like inside America's County Jails. It is very easy to get attached to some of the participants. One of AE best shows yet.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.