Husband Material (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- There is moderate verbal and visual sex references
- There are numerous scenes in which characters are implied to have had or are having sex; in one scene a woman's bare legs and shoulders are visible as a man begins to remove his shirt and move on top of her nothing more is shown.
- There are some dialogue references; which include the mention of sex, condoms and being aroused. In one scene a woman remarks that a man is to quick 'firing his gun'.
Violence & Gore
- There is some course language, which includes the regular use of mild bad language along with partial use of a strong term in one scene (which appears in the subtitles as 'motherf-' - however the rest of the language is not shown). In another scene a character puts a shirt with a middle finger on to insult another character.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters are often shown smoking and drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film handles some mature themes; which include unstable relationships, arranged marriages, cheating, emotional distress and behaviour which can be seen as controversial and unorthodox in Indian culture.
- There is a scene of attempted self-harm; in which a man is shown with two small self-inflicted scrathes on his arm - he threatens to cut deeper but is stopped from doing so.
- There are some mild instances of threat; which include a scene in which a character is threatened with a gun and another scene in which a character's home is broken into and he is threatened with violence. He comes to no harm.
Sex & Nudity
- Rumi cheats on Robbie while she is married; the sex is implied.
- Vicky pretends to have had sex with another woman in order to make Rumi jealous.