Deadpool 2 (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 43 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence and language throughout, sexual references and brief drug material|
Sex & Nudity
- A man grabs a man's butt while hugging; this is meant for comedic reasons. It is implied a blind woman accidentally touches a pantless man's penis while sitting next to him.
- Several scenes show posters in the background of scantily clad women (bikinis, underwear etc). Difficult to notice.
- A character in prison is implied to hide a pen in his butt a few times; no nudity or sex involved. Cellmate jokes he may win the "softest mouth" award from the other inmates, implying fellatio.
- In the extended version there are topless women shown dancing. Not too much is shown but their breasts and nipples are shown for about a second or two.
- You see the juggernaut's bare buttocks as his pants are ripped off.
- You see Deadpool's buttocks when he is growing his legs back at one point he uncrosses his legs and his penis and genitals are shown briefly. They however look like a baby.
- A woman jumps on a man and kisses him passionately.
Violence & Gore
- The violence can be fairly bloody or gory but it's mostly done in a tounge-and-cheek and comedic sort of fashion which makes it seem less graphic.
- In one fight sequence, two characters kill roughly twenty attackers using various methods. In another sequence of expository flashback scenes, one character kills 50-60 people, some for comedic effect, many gruesome, some offscreen, many onscreen including closeups of their death implements. A man getting killed with a chainsaw is seen from a distance. Blood is spraying from a distance.
- Deadpool and Cable fight inside a moving truck transporting prisoners. During the altercation, a prisoner accidentally gets shot in the face, and blood spatter is seen. Cable twists Deadpool's arm and punches him, and he kicks Cable in the face. Cable shoots at Deadpool who blocks several of the bullets with his swords, but many of the bullets go through him, with blood spurts seen coming from his back. The two continue to fight with weapons, and Deadpool gets punched, kneed in the face, and hit with a car door. The truck then crashes in a MASSIVE crash that levels a freeway, and causes much destruction.
- Super Duper Cut: A single shot fight in a bath house has Deadpool kill many people with his katanas. Non-stop blood and gore for 1 minute straight.
- Most of Deadpool's "deaths" or limb losses are pretty graphic.
- The PG-13 cut throws out almost all the blood and gore, but leaves in all the action. The after credits even have toned down violence.
- Colossus and Juggernaut have a brutal combat brawl. They violently smash each other's faces break each other's hands. Juggernaut has an electric cable inserted into his rear end and electrocuted in a pool of water.
- There is a prison riot that takes place in a super max prison called The Ice Box. Inmates brutally beat each other up. Deadpool and Cable fight which results in Deadpool getting stabbed and having bones broken by Cable.
- Deadpool attempts suicide multiple times, once involving blowing up his apartment with a lit gas stove and the other by drinking bleach and jumping off the roof of a building.
- The Super Duper Cut is more violent than the theatrical version.
- Hand gestures and middle fingers.
- 'Fuck' is not used in the PG-13 "Once Upon a Deadpool" cut, except for a few censored uses covered up by a bleep.
- Irreverent jokes about sex, pedophilia, homosexuality, and suicide throughout.
- 'Fuck' is said 74 times.
- 'Shit' is said 35 times, as well as many uses in some songs.
- The very strong language ('cunt') is said twice.
- 'ass' is said several times.
- 'Bitch' is said several times.
- 'Damn' is said several times.
- 'Hell' is said several times.
- 'Pussy', 'dick', and 'cock' are said several times.
- God's name is misused more than 12 times (3 with "damn"), and Jesus' name is abused about 10 times.
- The Super Duper/ Extended Cut includes more language.
- The phrase "son of a bitch" is also said.
- The occasional language "moron" is said once.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Deadpool is seen drinking and using drugs. He places a bag of cocaine in the mouth area of his mask and punches it so it explodes into his face and around him. He is also seen smoking cigarettes.
- Most of the drug use is still in the PG-13 cut, although some things are sliced out of the scenes. You still see A bag of cocaine + cocaine on Deadpool's suit, and you briefly hear references to a "bong"
- A few scenes take place in a bar where people are drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The movie isn't frightening but it is very violent. In fact it is more violent than its predecessor.
- Darker than the original but the overall tone is still highly comedic.
- In the PG-13 cut, violence, language, drug use, and sexual content and jokes are all toned down.
- The film contains many scenes of gruesome violence, however the comedic tone makes it non-disturbing.
- The references to suicide may be difficult for some viewers.
Violence & Gore
- In an extended mid-credits scene, Deadpool goes back in time to correct some timeline mistakes: First, he saves Vanessa, his girlfriend, by throwing a knife to Vanessa's killer, with some blood on the man's head injury, then tells Peter to walk away to avoid getting killed. Shortly thereafter, Deadpool then goes to the timeline of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" to kill the alternate version of himself in the head (we see blood spurt out, all while this Deadpool falls to the ground), and speaks with Wolverine while shooting the other Deadpool a few more times and finally, Deadpool goes to shoot a man (Ryan Reynolds, who's ironically the actor who plays Deapool in this film) in the head to wipe out the 2011 film "Green Lantern" from existence. We see a lot of blood splattering everywhere and later, we see the bullet hole on Ryan Reynolds' forehead, as he falls down to show Deadpool stand from behind, saying "You're welcome, Canada". This scene is fairly bloody, but the violence in here is brief and the scene is obviously played for laughs.
- Almost All of the members of X-Force die. Beldam smashes into a bus and breaks his skull. Shatter-Star is shredded by helicopter propellor, green alien blood is seen splattering and spraying everywhere. Zeitgeist is sucked into a shredder, lots of blood is seen spraying out of the equipment. Peter gets half of his torso burned off by acidic vomit, blood and gore is visible. This is all meant for laughs but it's still very violent.
- Deadpool gets ripped in half by The Juggernaut. Lots of blood and gore pours out of both halves. We see pieces of dangling flesh and meat on the area where his legs were. This is probably the most grpahic part in the movie but is still very comedic in nature.