Mom and Dad (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 25 items
|MPAA||Rated R for disturbing horror violence, language throughout, some sexual content/nudity and teen drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- A guy seen motorboating a topless girl in his car.
- Shows a clip with a topless woman at the beginning credits
- A man is seen watching pornography on his computer.
Violence & Gore
- A woman kills her young child with a meat tenderizer. Takes place offscreen but screams and gorey splatters are heard as well as the shadow of what is taking place.
- A boy is violently stabbed with a set of car keys as he climbs a fence
- A young girl is strangled to death by her mother
- Multiple children are killed by their parents in incredibly gory and violent ways.
- A man trips and accidently stabs himself in the neck with a broken bottle. The bleeding is profuse and incredibly violent.
- A police officer screams at and brutally beats a woman until she is bloody and unconscious.
- A man is seen carrying a bloodied baseball bat, implying he killed his child with it.
- The film's main premise is that a mother and father try to kill their two young children. This is shown in graphic, gruesome ways.
- A man beats a young boy's head against the tile floor, resulting in the boy being knocked unconscious and bleeding from the mouth.
- A woman is struck by a car and killed
- A woman shoots a man in the arm. Blood is shown.
- A man slaps a man and then slices him with a broken liquor bottle.
- A man is repeatedly punching another person on the ground. He is immediately tackled by a security guard.
- A girl is suffocated with a plastic bag by an adult.
- A small child is tackled to the ground by an adult. This is seen offscreen.
- A boy of about 10 years old is alone and finds his father's hidden hand gun. The boy removes the gun from the case and plays with it. He looks at himself in the mirror (wearing only tighty white underwear) and mimics shooting the gun and shooting people. The scene is played in such a way that the boy is having a lot of fun with the gun.
- Frequent language due to the high count of swearing (See other Profanity entry) and short run-time.
- There is 48 uses of "f*ck", 10 of "sh*t", 6 of "b*tch", 5 of "d*mn" and it's variants, 3 religious exclamations, and 4 uses of racial slurs towards African-Americans.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol is shown being consumed. Some characters describe their want for alcohol. A drug deal is shown on-camera and is discussed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- It's violent. Lot's of blood.
Violence & Gore
- A mother tries to kill her minutes old, newborn baby
- A man is thrown from a car and violently killed. Brain matter and blood are shown graphically.