Ojisan and Marshmallow (TV Series 2016– ) Poster

Good idea but nothing special
Irishchatter29 July 2019
It's just really about a obese middle aged man and a young office lady who share the same love of marshmallows.

Even though the episodes are 4 minutes short, the anime is still boring. It could've been done better if the storyline wasn't so light-hearted but rather deep. That way it would make the storyline even more enjoyable to keep me watching more then 4 episodes that I've already wasted my good few minutes on ......
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
For the love of marshmallows!
Tweekums1 April 2016
This anime series is centred on Habahiro Hige and office worker with a taste for marshmallows. Knowing that he likes a particular brand co-worker Iori Wakabayashi, who has a crush on him, befriends him but never seems to be able to get him to realise just how she feels for him. He is also pursued by the less subtle Nijimori Mioko, who has fallen in love with Hige after he unwittingly saved her from a pervert on a train.

Given that there are only twelve episodes and they are under four minutes long it isn't surprising that the plot isn't all that deep. It is fun enough even though it doesn't have the fast pace most shorts seem to. The characters are decent enough; it made a change to have a protagonist who is far from glamorous; Hige is somewhat chubby and has a moustache… definitely not the cliché bishounen male lead. The episodes are fun to watch but fairly forgettable. Overall I'd say this is a decent enough series; hardly a must see but given how short the episodes are I'd say it is worth checking out an episode or two to see if you like it.

These comments are based on watching the series in Japanese with English subtitles.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.