Riverdale (TV Series 2017– ) Poster

(2017– )

First season good, second questionable, third season a 1/10
tzuuuUUUU29 January 2019
While first season was cheesy it still had an interesting story to follow, it was a great watch all in all for what it was 7.5/10. In the second season they started to run out of ideas and it was just "okay", I would rate it 5.5/10. The third season though.. oh my god. It might be one of the worst things ever made in human history. The writing is SO BAD, like its written by a 10 year old kid, everyone's acting is awful, like ten times worse than the first and second season. Nothing makes sense, no weight to anything.. everything is just awful. I would seriously give season 3 a 1 out of 10 and I am not kidding. A goddamn 1/10. Horrible.
704 out of 777 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I used to like this show
feliciaa-0832014 March 2019
I really liked the first season, the second we're okay but the third I don't even recognize the series I once used to like.

They have 1000 story lines at the same time, new things pop up all the time that makes no sense and some story lines are so unnecessarily because they just mess up the show more and in the end it didn't matter.

Also, (this isn't a "big" problem) but sometimes I think the creators forgets that the main cast is supposed to be 16 and not 20+.

I don't know why I keep watching it, probably because I've waisted so much time on this show and now it just make me laugh because it's so weird.
512 out of 562 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
100 m/h going downhill
Ahmadkkotb9 February 2019
What started as a strong teen drama with thrilling mysteries and good twists and hit season two with a good plot, by season three totally lost it's charm, it no longer has any logic or reason begind it, simply a bunch of teens walking around acting like they're adults and adults letting a bunch of kids run the town in the most ridiculous ways to the point it's no longer in connection with reality
310 out of 348 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
????????????
keonir25 May 2022
Literally what the hell is this show & how had it been renewed for so many seasons with how absurd the writing is. The writers must've been taking the "good stuff" in their room and just wrote whatever nonsense came out of their heads during their bender.
42 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unsatisfactory
ginahiza22 March 2021
I can't stand the script, the storyline doesn't even make sense. Why is it a musical all of a sudden? What the hell is the director doing?
18 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How is it still surviving?
Season one was terrific. I honestly rated 8/10. Season two got better and bigger with greater character arcs, suspense and crime-drama. Betty is wonderful. Jughead and FP make a great team. As per me, Season two gets an 8.5.

With ratings escalating, if I were the creater, I wouldn't introduce such a horrific $hit in the season 3. I hated it to the greatest extent. There were, by no means, believable. It was a mixture of supernatural and psychological not-really-a thriller. Nothing in season 3 made sense. Most of the pleasant surprises bestowed on us in the first 2 seasons were all gone.

Please don't watch this show after season 2. It gets sillier and unworthy.

G & G? Seriously? What is that? How can you bring such a horrendous stuff after two miraculous seasons. You could have taken time or thought of something better.

S1: 8/10 S2: 8.5/10 S3: 1/10.
54 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WHAT IS WITH THE SINGING?!
MichalMizrachi16 December 2021
Season 1 was great, the actors, the script, the storyline.

Season 2- same.

Everything went downhill from there, the series got really weird with the storyline and very complicated and messy.

Season 5!! Omg the singing, I think I've skipped every single song scene. This is too much, especially episode 18. TOO MUCH SINGING it is driving me nuts. Like every 3 minutes there's a new song coming up. This is NOT A MUSICAL.

Watch only the first two seasons, and leave it alone afterwards.
45 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Getting worse and worse
ethanjjacobs21 March 2021
Season 1 6.5/10 Is a promising start to the show , a negative is that it can have very cringy scenes but is a decent season overall and ends on a great cliffhanger

Season 2 6.6/10 The show has a great start and is very entertaining people don't really enjoy this season as much as I do but I thought it was a decent season but could still be cringy at times.

Season 3 2.5/10 A decent start to the season but gets cringy , stupid and weird really quickly and for some reason gets a little supernatural. There were still some entertaining episodes but overall it's really dumb and a big downfall from the last 2 seasons

Season 4 2/10 Riverdale is a show that is getting worse and worse and gets stupider after every episode. I can't believe this show is still a thing there's not much to say about this season because it isn't really anything , it's boring and is now just a good because it's bad tv show.

Season 5 0.5/10 This season isn't over yet but so far it is a unwatchable show which is somehow still going, I can't believe I put myself through this terrible tv show. It ended season 4's "cliffhanger" in 1 episode and does a 6 year time jump to 2021?

Apparently this show was set in 2015 the whole time? This is a terrible show and it probably going to make at least 2 more terrible and embarrassing seasons.

I honestly don't know why I watched this far it was never a good tv show and was unwatchable at season 3.
42 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How is this still getting renewed?
usuyami_1326 July 2021
It all went downhill after season 1, up to this point I can't understand why is this still getting renewed, specially when so many good shows get cancelled.
29 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another ridiculous example of why some shows have to end after the first season!
f-abdolian-481-4145718 March 2022
I had to watch it in desperation of not having anything else to watch.

The first season was just a terrible teenage ridiculous show with bad script writing, unrealistic characters and horrible, horrible holes in the flow of the story and how teenage kids in a high school act and behave.

The second one became kind of laughable with even worse acting and script writing, but had to stop by the 3rd, it is absolutely ridiculous mix of nonsense story line and fantasy.

I hat to stop after the 3rd episode of the 3rd season.
19 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's enjoyable fluff.
Sleepin_Dragon12 December 2018
I'm stunned by just how many episodes they've managed to churn out, talk about over egging the pudding. The characters transform inexplicably from week to week, and everything is so absurd, that 99% of it is impossible to comprehend. Yet there is something rather addictive about it, sure it's full of beautiful people, but there are some really interesting characters too, Cheryl in particular, great fun. They have recycled scenes from Carrie, Halloween, and just about every movie you can think of, but who cares, this is low brow, trashy, hugely enjoyable escapism. I would never repeat watch it, but I'll always sit down to a new series. 7/10
172 out of 246 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First season was good, the rest is not worth your time.
almabjellerup-530591 April 2019
Started out great interesting and intriguing. But not it's just simply the worst. One of the worst shows I've seen. Too bad, really liked the first season.
212 out of 246 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Eurgh!
PsychoBeard66626 May 2019
I know I'm not the target audience but I at least expected some coherent writing or interesting plot points. Every episode is the same: nothing happens until the last 10 seconds which drops a bombshell to make you feel the need to keep watching.

Luke Perry deserved better.
21 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Riverdale, The Community Run by 30 year old High School Students.
wandernn1-81-68327426 November 2021
I made it to Season 2 Ep. 12 before deciding, wow this show is just SO STUPID. I mean high school kids are running their parents, and running the town. Got sick of seeing Veronica tell her parents what's up. Got really sick of Archie who is supposedly the GOOD GUY WHO LOVES HIS DAD, not telling his DAD that he's spying on HIS DAD FOR THE FBI!!! LOL .... SO DUMB.

Cheryl Blossom and her rich family now in the poor house because Daddy Died? Just so stupid stupid. And Jughead whose only facial expression is that of I am going to murder you. He has no other look. None. I think I saw him smile like once in 2 seasons and it was a I'm going to murder you smile.

Okay I could paste the stupidity of this show for many more paragraphs but that's enough. 2/10.
23 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh boy
brookenichole-9805413 January 2020
This show is a complete mess! Every character has somehow completely went insane. I hate every single one of them. There's the same ridiculous plot lines. It's never end. They especially love to add random sex scenes. And the one couple I keep hoping for (that's not toxic) won't end up together. And I mean Betty and Archie. But, we just get the same old toxic couple pairings. I really want to skip the whole show and stop but, it's such a train wreck. How could I? I suggest start with season 1 and finish at season 2.
18 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
CRINGE
armanwhannell5 July 2019
First season was good. The second season was OK. But after watching the third season I wonder whether this TV show should be nominated for the cringiest TV series ever. Who else agrees with me?
42 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Do people still watch this
flynnwcarson13 April 2019
I actually used to like the show the first season was good the second season was questionable but the third is a complete mess
186 out of 223 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Goes from intriguing to stupidly comical
arod_8512 January 2021
This show started off strong. Season 1 was good, fairly believable and the show's stylistic shots were really neat. Reminded me of a modern Twin Peaks for younger adults. However, as the seasons progressed, the seasons gradually became worse up to the point I stopped watching. The show completely lost it's way and became overtop with storylines that were downright stupid. And stupid is an understatement. I'm not sure why tv shows make shows about characters that are supposed to be 15 and 16 but conduct their lives like they are 30. So a highschool student has a hand in organized crime, owns a Speak Easy, can solve murder mysteries involving cults and serial killers that police cannot, can go on the run without any respectable parent looking for them, escape prison and hide out in a bunker, expose an organ harvesting ring, lead a a biker gang and the list goes on. There were also so many moments I found myself laughing hysterically at something that was intended to be creepy or add shock value, like one of the teens keeping her dead brother's body hanging out around the house while she talks to his corpse like he is still alive but then shows up shooting bow and arrows in the forest. Completely random. Like this review, the show is a ranting mess. Maybe watch season 1 then quit while you are ahead...
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Look For Comics In Riverdale
atlasmb30 January 2017
The Archie Comics that originated in the 1940s were rated "G" for Goofy. Maybe not as goofy as "Scooby Doo", but it was a wholesome (you might say "square") universe. A version of "Archie" was even in bubble gum wrappers for a couple of years.

The universe of "Riverdale" is darker, promising that if you look closer, you can see the "shadows underneath". Sounds like "Twin Peaks".

The show features the characters we expect, but they are multi-dimensional, with problems and desires and secrets. Archie sees himself as flawed, but he wants to make music his life and vocation. Betty (his best friend) sees herself as inadequate, but she wants Archie to be more than a friend. Veronica (who just moved to Riverdale), sees herself as plagued by family history and publicity, but she wants to become a better person.

The show is very well cast. Each actor inhabits his character.

In the first episode, various secrets are alluded to, promising even more complications and conflicts than were revealed in the first installment.

Many standard themes of teen dramas are also part of this show, which may make it feel like home for some viewers. Others may grow weary of the usual tropes: the mean head cheerleader, the gay best friend, the closeted gay jock, the handsome athletic main character, the first day at the new school for the outsider. "Glee" explored many of them. And some of them date back to the forties, when Andy Hardy (the original inspiration for Archie comics) entertained us all with his teenage dramas. The show embraces them and even makes fun of them.

The first episode moves quickly, but not so quickly that viewers cannot follow. The foundation is in place for later episodes that can deliver a deliciously dark story that will entertain and allow its actors to blossom in their roles.
147 out of 245 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Never fails to amaze
deshanthd18 April 2020
Lmao this show never fails to amaze me. Every time i think it can't possibly get worse, it does. I'm only watching still because I've already came so far. But it's actually really humorous how horrible this show really is. Hillarious.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First season is the only good season
cerenkarakas199714 December 2019
In the first season i was really into the show ,then I quit watching at the beginning of season 3.I think the first season is for everyone to watch but other seasons are meant for teens/high schoolers.
86 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't take it too seriously
trimblecali4 June 2019
This show is a teen soap opera. It's meant to be a bit ridiculous. Some episodes/storylines are better than others, for sure. But it's over the top-ness is part of the genre. It's entertaining.
51 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad
preppy-327 January 2017
A dark live action adaptation of the Archie comic books. All the characters from the comic are here--Archie, Reggie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica, Cheryl Blossom, Kevin Kellar...but there are differences. Archie is pumped up and muscular in this one a far cry from the comic. Ms. Grundy is an old ugly teacher in the comic--here she's young and hot. Kellar has blond hair and blue eyes in the comic--here he was dark hair and eyes. Also it seems Moose here is gay or at least bisexual. There's also no humor in this one. It's DARK dealing with mostly murder and sex. It moves fairly quick, the cast is young, attractive and can act. Honestly I was never bored. Worth seeing.
117 out of 209 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Never read the comics
exlana2 March 2017
I have never read or even read the Archie comic books , so this review is based only the TV series

Riverdale is a dark , mysterious story about who-dun-it the murder of a teenager that claimed to be drowned in the river of a kinda- remote village Riverdale.

It has flaws , but the story line is interesting enough for me to follow this series. It has some cliché , an exhausting drama , unnecessary and lame romance and average directing and acting but the story is quiet interesting. There are a lot of twist and turn throughout the series. There's a saying "A good directing , acting and production doesn't make a good story" and in this case is the other way around. The story is the upside of this series ( The directing and acting it's not bad , but it's not good either ). Riverdale is a bit like The Killing , but from the social-circle of the victim's perspective.

Riverdale's quality is not in a True Detective or Fargo class , but it's worth the shot. 8/10

SIKEEE riverdale is really bad after season 1, the only way you could enjoy this series is by watching it ironically.
70 out of 117 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Two seasons of excellence followed by rapid deterioration
bosporan9 May 2022
The first two seasons are excellent, bringing to life a beloved franchise with intriguing storylines and a decent ensemble cast. The star of the show is undoubtedly Madelaine Petsch as the eccentric Cheryl Blossom, a charismatic, larger-than-life, some-time antagonist who is beguiling, beautiful and brainy.

From season three onwards, it becomes difficult to watch, the plot becomes deranged with characters operating with eccentric abandon well outside their individual motivation or best interests. It stretches credulity to breaking point which is a great disappointment following such a strong start.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.