The Stolen Princess: Ruslan and Ludmila (2018) Poster

A simple story with good animation.
silvermistvio26 July 2018
Am I the only one who feels this film really has a part of Aladdin and sleeping beauty and also the princess looks like Anna from Frozen?

The story is quite simple. When I started to watch this, I didn't have that much expectations. I thought it looks a fine animation. So, I watched it. When the film ended, I feel like it wasn't that good and wasn't that bad.

The reason why I gave 8 stars is because of animation. The animation is great. Although it isn't produced by Disney, it looks like it's production. All in all, yeah, it's enjoyable.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant animation, not the story
gyura891 July 2018
The plot is quite cliche for fairy tale movies and it reminds me of Disney's Brave and Rapunzel. However, I'm pretty much impressed by its breathtaking animation (having said that this is the very first Ukrainian animated movie that I've ever watched).
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not every great animated movies has to come from Disney and Pixar
mikimichellemal30 June 2018
I for one welcome smaller companies (or at least lesser known ones) to produce animated films. Despite the main female being obviously modeled after Anna from Frozen (with a hint of Shrek's Fiona) the character designs are unique and very cute- let you're children decide for themselves if they like this movie.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally ukrainians have learned how to draw an animation!
julyman11 March 2018
5 points only for good graphics and effects. Scripts and scenario are have to be revised. Plot is not brand new, but something different from similar others. There are a lot of unnecessary scenes that can be sciped. But overall, by comparison with other ukrainian animations it is worth seeing. Ultimatelly it is created for children, and my child was satisfied, and even truly laughed several times.
13 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Ukrainian animated cartoon
msyatynya13 March 2018
Best Ukrainian animated cartoon in 2018. I am proud of the team that made this movie. I like all the voices of Ukrainian celebrities, especially Sergiy Prytula
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just Like Another Disney Fantasy Movie!
arghyabiswas-1660818 December 2018
Right now, On my Mind, I am rounding around only one thing. Which is, Will there be a Second Part? When? I can't wait! Best movie ever. I haven't Seen any Animated Fantasy Movies better than this one in Years. Reminds me of Tangled.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
For children only
Snootz23 June 2018
Ouch. I managed to stomach about 10 minutes of this before hitting the STOP button. But then again, I'm not a 4 year old. I agree with mariamulmasova... this will likely be "painful to watch"... and unlike some of the glowing reviews here, I'm not Ukranian so am not going to upvote this just because of the nationality of the film team.

The animation is decently done. The script didn't have a decent spot of humor in it (at least the segment I managed to watch). If you don't catch the audience in the first 5 minutes you've lost them. This just got worse as it went along, and about the second time they depicted some guy picking his nose I realized this was not the movie for me... or probably most adults. I strongly suspect many children would eject this groaner and move on to something with a bit more wit and viewer savvy.
10 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Animation, BUT!
Some of the best animation I have seen, sadly it stops there. If there is such a thing as sliders to regulate things like characters, stereotypes, hand gestures while creating the rest of the film everyone is set to max! Every personality is massively overdone. Every character type is the same, so much so I got to halfway through and left. Honestly, I only stayed that long as I was with someone and was far to embarrassed I dragged them along to this utter pile of whatever. So disappointed with themakers they seemed to have lost the plot. I wonder if they employed a bucket load of millennials a while ago and this is the result?
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very nice cartoon
yuralife16 March 2018
Nice cartoon for children and adults. Picture, story and voices are amazing!
10 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful to watch
mariamulmasova21 April 2018
Bad animation, bad script, cringy humor. Went to watch this with my little sister and it was the most painful movie experience ever.
14 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sweet, funny and relaxing!
mineralpetal19 July 2018
This is a very lighthearted movie, good for the moments when all you want to see is a simple, colorful and funny story to keep you away from worries. It's definitely meant for children from the way the events flow. I watched the English dubbed version so I can't say anything about the original voice acting. The English version was enjoyable. I especially liked the humor, the light jokes (I'm a fan of decent jokes), the overflow of expressions on the characters' faces and their gestures. The animation reminded me of Disney's Rapunzel.

I've seen quite a lot of negative reviews here that I'm really glad I didn't read them before watching and just decided to give it a try. Really, this is meant to be a light and sweet story, so if you're looking for things like strong character development, intense action, heavy story, etc, then this might not be for you. Try Young Justice or Batman movies or something else. This is for kids to have fun and for adults to enjoy something that reminds of classic fairy tales. Personally, I'd love to watch more like this!
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cool animations!
alexwikrama11 August 2018
Hats off to the animation team. But the plot is a mix of the popular animations in past - shrek, rapunzel, brave... If you look closely you can actually see the similarity between the characters, scenes and colors they used. Anyway enjoyed the designs & animations.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best movie in the world!!!!!!
vikykolyekhova28 June 2018
I am 14, And I very much enjoyed this movie, you could tell that this is a Ukrainian production because it is much more enlightening and fantastical. This is a very unique movie, and I give it a huge thumbs up. Great job Ukraine!!!!
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best animation film over the past 5 years
itestapplause6 January 2019
Good animation(like Disney), I felt old Disney spirit when I had been watching. Good humor. I just like everything. And mainly good always win!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very funny cartoon
osvetik2 January 2019
Thanks for the beautiful cartoon with a lot of funny jokes!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good animation, but slow unfunny story.
apjc31 August 2018
Think of Shrek and Zootopia these films grabbed audiences old and young very soon. This fails to interest either after a sort time, it's a good try, but fails to involve you with the characters.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hopeless movie in this age
shilpablr24 June 2018
Who even makes movies like these - storyline zero, brain zero
3 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vykradena
alisahajahan23424 December 2018
Why I waste my time. It fill very bad . most disporting movie.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.