The Last O.G. (TV Series 2018– ) Poster

(2018– )

Not perfect but definitely entertaining
hnlminds8 June 2018
I like the realistic storyline, ex con getting out of prision seeing the old neighborhood changing and people moving on without him. Tracey Morgan isnt over acting for laughs but alot of funny moments. Its not all comedy but moments that feel familiar from a black perspective. The halfway house members are quirky and not super stereotypical. I don't see this going on for many seasons but enjoy it while its here.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love this show
ramsesme2 June 2018
When I saw that Jordan Peele and Tracy Morgan were both involved in this project I knew it had to be good! The story line is a little rough at times but that's what makes it real; Morgan plays a former drug dealer/ex-con and you find yourself pulling for him by sharing in his emotional roller coaster. The comedy is great but doesn't take away from the realism; Tracy and the rest of the cast really deliver! I look forward to each episode; congrats to everyone involved with the show!!
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Classic Tracy Morgan
johnnyhperkins4 April 2018
Love this show so far... it has so much potential particularly if you're a fan of Tracy Morgan. I'm not a reviewer but couldn't stand to see this show have such a low rating!
19 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jordan Peele, Tracy Morgan, Jorma Toccone
brian-735-407813 April 2018
This is great stuff. Really funny. Sorry the little MAGA snowflakes have their panties in a bunch because of political incorrectness. Oh the irony. But alt-righters were never funny or self-aware and don't get irony so oh well sucks to be them but hey this is terrific and amazing and yes I may be drunk.
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
first episode was thin on laughs
cherold22 May 2018
While billed as a comedy, LOG is more of a dramedy. The first five minutes or so (of a half-hour episode) isn't even trying to be funny; it's just setting up the premise in about as ordinary a way as possible.

There are patches that are quite funny, as when the protagonist discovers his hood is now a hipster enclave. Others times the series is only mildly funny and it slips too easily into sincerity.

Tiffany Hadish, disappointingly, doesn't do anything particularly funny. What's with that?

Still, it's all pretty watchable, and in a world that wasn't full of much better sitcoms I would probably check out another episode or two before giving up on it. But in this golden age of TV, LOG isn't more than bronze.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Proud Return!!
marvinhutchison7 April 2018
Way to go Tracy Morgan!! I see pitiful reviews, but the truth about what passes for comedy now-a-days is a farce to say the least. Tracy Morgan has had a rough go of things, and I for one am proud of his effort here. Its only been one episode thus far, and I see a lot of potential for this series, and will gladly sit through several more before I condemn it to the heap pile with the rest of todays so called comedy series.....because lets face it, if you've watch as many TV series as I have, then you know the first episode only tries to introduce to all the players involved! Definitely worth the watch, and maybe pick up a few Funny Lines To Boot!!...."What's The Difference Between A Hard-On and a Bugatti? .....Ans: I Don't Have A Bugatti" ....Mullins (Cedric The Entertainer)
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
EPIC RETURN!
jvsr92853 April 2018
My wife and I watched his sneak peek and we were laughing so hard I started to snort. If you are afraid he is not the same he's even better with no fear. He is one of the greats to see him fall in the ashes and rise like a phoenix he is so hilarious in this OG I will be following up in all his episodes .
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show is an A plus!
kellyjd323 May 2018
I will normally watch a show if the public rates it near an 8 or higher. I am soooo glad I ignored that criteria for this show. It is definitely an 8 plus. The chemistry on this show is fantastic! I love to laugh and cry. It does both.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great comedy
People may dislike this show for it premises, but, it made me laugh hard like i heven't laugh with other show long time ago. The show really deliver what it supposed to. make you laugh!
9 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious!
mbeutjer-603656 April 2018
I'm so glad I found this show! It's laugh out loud funny with a premise that has potential to stay that way. Cast is great, love to see Tracy Morgan and Tiffany Haddish in the same show. I'm still laughing about the cut down that starts with "one arm shorter than the other", can't wait to use it!
9 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
well from the first look,, the show managed to squeeze itself on my weekly must-watch list ,, hopefully it stays this way ..
Aktham_Tashtush4 April 2018
I remember the last i saw Tracy Morgan star/co-star in a real genuine comedy role was back in 2010 with Bruce Willis in Cop out,, then a couple of years later he had that accident,, and now it's 2018 and he's back :D :D

The plot is fresh original and has so much potentials ,, the pilot was a bit short , or maybe it looked that way,, but it has more than a few laughable scenes.

Casting Tracy was amazing, i mean It's Tracy he was my favorite African-American comedian before Kevin Hart,, but also Tiffany Haddish, Cedric the Entertainer and Allen Maldonado were all really funny, and had that serious angry/nervous face reacting to Tracy's comedy,, i liked that... we haven't seen much of the other characters , but from the teaser they all looked fine.

final thought,, watch the premiere and judge for yourself, it is recommended since it managed to squeezed itself on my weekly must-watch shows ;) so lets see how that goes in the next couple of episodes.
10 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
About Time!!
natashamleenl28 April 2018
This show has me tuned in every week. I wish I could watch it on Netflix and binge instead of waiting! Tracy touches on some serious issues that does exist more than most realize. The way black men had to provide in the 80's and maybe even 90's caused many to get caught up in the streets seemingly without any other options are back out in society trying to acclimate to the progression of his own culture in an unfamiliar atmosphere which has replaced every essence of what was his home, Brooklyn.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
True masterpiece
nitinchaudharyiitian12 April 2018
Tracy was always my favourite but 'The Last OG' surpassed my expectations. The 6.5 rating on IMDB is pure crap. This show as of now (2 episodes) deserves an 8 atleast.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
harley-009519 April 2018
Just can't believe what is being passed off as "comedy" these days. Barely made it through the first episode - it was torturous. Yes, Tracy Morgan has had a rough few years, but that doesn't make this show funny. It's not...at all. Not even a little. The only saving grace of the Entire show is Tiffany Haddish. It's too bad she ended up in this horrendous vehicle. She's great. The writing, if you can call it that, and the rest of the cast are simply terrible. Wish we had that thirty minutes of our lives back. Going to go through the guide, find every instance of it, and make sure to set the DVR to something, anything, else.
11 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not impressed
jritty18 April 2018
Weak comedy. Lots of flat jokes and the only thing I enjoyed was the two sanford and sons references... Frankly, I'd rather watch that. Think I will...
6 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tracy and cast are brilliant
swesley-484356 May 2018
I had seen the commercials and thought that I would give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. How can you not love these characters. You need to listen closely to every word because each sentence carries its own "Easter Egg" of humor. Do yourself a favor and watch the first few episodes. You'll be hooked.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's alright
rockcereal22 April 2018
Seems okay so far. The show has a fair amount of risqué jokes, although some of them fall flat. The overall premise of the plot is a bit interesting. It has potential, but for now, it's just an okay show.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must watch
tlr-7796315 December 2018
This a great show.. I love how they also put on other shows.. Tracy is too funny I love the real world references
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
carterjm-5777513 December 2018
Bravo Tracy, you haven't missed a beat. Your sidekick, the guys at the halfway house and the unexpected crisp humor are all especially well done. Hubby and I binged first 5 episodes tonight. Thanks for a ton of laughs. You still got it
Funnier than I expected
bigjay-3484410 December 2018
Ced The Entertainer + Haddish + Morgan = greatness.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lots of faults and lots of fun
mnorthco-19 December 2018
The characters are well and thought out and written and not stereotypical, which gives a feeling of reality. I was grateful that it didn't follow the formula nice where the guy who wants the girl is justified because the current boyfriend is a bad person. The stepdad is a lovely person. One issue I had was with an episode where what he did was out of character to who he was and had become, only seeing the consequences at the end. I really like this show and even if it doesn't get a second season, you can sort of guess what will happen to the characters.
Great show!
te_naya_j14 September 2018
I love the storyline, the rawness, actors, and writing. My ONLY criticism is in the final episode regarding the job situation. It's real scenario, I just didn't like it personally. Oh, I'm season 2, will they start to string together some "unfinished business" from the season 1 episodes. Some of the stories I felt should have been revisited (I.e. "That Backslide" episode).
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious cast and beautifully shot
danieloliva-575659 August 2018
Tracy Morgan and Tiffany Haddish lead an excellent cast that make me laugh so much each episode. The show explores contemporary issues of gentrification and the way cities are changing, a generation after the crack epidemic. A dramady with a lot of heart. Definitely worth at least 8/10.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finding a way to make today's issue palettable!!!
djcooleone7 May 2018
It's hard to look at issues we all face today and make comical sense of them. Inner city genterication, prison recidivism, minority men missing from families, institutional racism. Yet this show has manage to do so, comedy's best platform has always been to be a social commentary on the hard issues the ones society would rather just not talk about. This show has come at a excellent time and done what other great show of their time have done "Good Times, The Jefferson's, dare I say the Cosby Show" allowed America to face itself
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Anti White Racist comedy is too much.
coralreefer-429174 April 2018
Tracy is a legend. Its funny. Yet the idea that there is some "problem" or "something wrong" with his ex being married to a "white" dude is just damn racist. So the ending is basically setting up some mission for the next few episodes to win back his ex from the "white dude". Being racist was funny in the 90's. Doesn't fly these days. Win your ex back from the "man" she is with. No need to make it racial at all by this producer.
12 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.