The Christmas Project (2016) Poster

Nice Film
Christmas-Reviewer9 March 2018
Review Date 3/9/2018

PLEASE BEWARE OF SOME REVIEWERS THAT ONLY HAVE ONLY ONE REVIEW. I AVE OVER 400 REVIEWS OF "CHRISTMAS RELATED FILMS & SPECIALS" WHEN ITS A POSITIVE THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THEY WERE INVOLVED WITH THE PRODUCTION. NOW I HAVE NO AGENDA! I REVIEW MOVIES & SPECIALS AS A WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF WHAT I HAVE SEEN! I HAVE DISCOVERED MANY GEMS IN MY QUEST TO SEE AS MANY " C H R I S T M A S " MOVIES AS I CAN.

This is a nice film. If you liked "A Christmas Story" then you will like this as well. Pay no attention to the Imdb Score. It's a joy to watch!

In this film four brother are very excited that it is "A Christmas Time" our brothers prepare for war when they're forced to deliver secret holiday gifts to the school bullies. But they soon learn kindness goes a long way. Also forgiving starts the healing. These are lesson "It shows the audience and your not hit over the head with the message.

This film however copied "A Christmas Story" (And maybe a few others) but it is avery watchable film that you may want to see again sometime soon.
22 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Adorably sweet and nostalgic
whitneyventer122 August 2019
This movie is really cheesy but in the best possible ways. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It brought me back to my childhood. A must watch family movie!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious, fun, very good story
virginiaus10 December 2019
I really loved this movie. I didn't think I would, but I enjoyed it even more than my kids. My husband says I have kid humor, and yes, I do think humor can be clean! Hilarious and touching, with an excellent message and idea.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nonstop fluff
angela-m-hiss15 December 2019
A sweet, uncomplicated movie about the joys of brotherhood, friendship, and helping your enemy. A bit derivative, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such an amazing and cute movie for the family!
kaygustafa-7055216 November 2020
This is one of my favorite Christmas movies to watch every year! The kids do an amazing jobs with their acting, Is it perfect to the time period? No, but they make up with it in the story line and the humor. I love it more than I love A Christmas Story. It is a cute story about family, doing things for others and learning how to walk in someone else's shoes. A story of first love, and growth in a young man's life. It is beautiful and I would recommend that everyone watches this heart warming and humorous film with their family! It brings those warm feelings of childhood Christmas back to you with the amazing story!
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Silly but good movie
morgan_i_am@hotmail.com9 December 2018
Everything was so awfully unbelievable that you end up enjoying the silliness.

Once you get past the dorkiness of the story and the acceptance that they justify being mean, you can't help but enjoy the characters and actually are pleased with the ending.

They tried hard to tell a good story, and we need more of that. So, you end up knowing it was okay.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Clean movie
gneal-3646822 November 2020
It's a perfect family movie. Its clean, it's funny and its dorky. It's not some top notch movie, that's what makes it so memorable.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great family movie about kindness
praisercheri29 November 2021
I loved the fact that the parents taught their children the kind of values which are so needed today, like kindness & generosity. The "elving" tradition was a wonderful part of the story. Most movies show the bully getting his due in the end. Instead we see into his situation & can understand some of his reasons for being so angry. In the end, it was Matthew's kindness & understanding that changed him into a friend.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Frustrating
aleks-360852 November 2020
This movie justifies teaching your kids that if someone bullies you, beats you up, steals from you, and destroys your things, that you should just roll over because their home life is bad. I don't care how sad that kids home life is, if someone beats up your kid multiple times at school, you do something about it.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Omg the worst movie I've ever seen
dillanvan31 December 2018
The entire story was boring and was extremely cringey. There are many many problems with this movie, for starters the bad acting

The acting in this movie was just horrible. It seriously felt like a 3rd grade play. Everything was just so boring and creepy

Another problem with this film was how it was supposed to look like the 1980s. They seriously did not try at all to make it look like it was in a different time period. This was one of the worst parts of the movie

All the actors make me cringe so hard. Literally everything I heard the actors say made me smh so hard. Ugh
6 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Christmas flick for adolescents.
tdaly45566 December 2020
This film has parallels with "A Christmas Story" and is virtually as entertaining, although it takes place in the 80s and so is less nostalgic. The kids aren't as precocious as either Peter Billingsley or Macaulay Culkin, and the script stresses the spirit of giving during the Christmas season. Highly recommended.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A amazing movie
cgirl-0361518 February 2021
It's a fun great amazing movie that should be a classic to everyone. This movie is a easy classic.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
'Christmas Story' copy
knutedunrvnyet10 December 2020
Most obviously, but still fun. the over-narration , especially.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible movie
chunkiemunkiexd-994-28380226 December 2019
This is literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I don't sit through many terrible movies but my husband refused to shut this off. The acting was ATROCIOUS, the movie was supposed to be set in the 80's and there was nothing 80's about it, the plot was just dumb and that little girl with all that damn makeup drove me crazy. Don't waste your time
3 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.